PDA

View Full Version : Article The Pregame Show

MJZiggy
11-07-2007, 10:26 AM
A new feature this week, ND 72 previews the Packers/Viking game...

Written by ND 72
Wednesday, 07 November 2007

Taking a look at this weekend’s Packer/Viking game, I can honestly say that I’m going into this game blind. When the Packers played...Check it out. Click here (www.packerrats.com)

the_idle_threat
11-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Nicely done, ND, and I agree on pretty much all counts, including your initial skepticism on Adrian Peterson.

I'd give Minny the edge on run defense, but it's not a huge gap.

One thing did throw me off the trail though in the beginning of the article. Not to be nitpicky or anything but ...

There has NEVER, read that again, NEVER been a rookie to lead the entire league in rushing.

This is actually not the case. Edgerrin James won the rushing title as a rookie in 1999.

I ran a yahoo search to back up this fact, which I thought I remembered, and the following article confirms it:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Columns/2007/carroll2122.htm

What I didn't know, however, was the following, which was also from the same article:

The NFL has only kept statistics other than scoring since 1932, but 13 of its 75 rushing leaders since then have been rookies.

I guess it's not terribly unheard of for a rookie to lead the league in rushing. It's true, however, that it hasn't happened much in the Super Bowl era. James was the last one to do it, and before him, Eric Dickerson in '83.

Tha article also contains an amusing quote from Browns coach Paul Brown that Rastak might want to forward directly to Coach Chilly:

When coach Paul Brown was asked if he worried about overusing [Jim Brown], he quipped, “When you’ve got the biggest cannon, you fire it.”

ND72
11-07-2007, 07:51 PM
see, that's what happens when you listen to too much ESPN Radio...thank you Mike Terrico.

the_idle_threat
11-07-2007, 08:41 PM
see, that's what happens when you listen to too much ESPN Radio...thank you Mike Terrico.

You should send him an angry e-mail or something. :lol:

LEWCWA
11-09-2007, 06:45 PM
If your going to act like a journalist, then maybe you should check your facts!

the_idle_threat
11-09-2007, 06:50 PM
That's good, LEWCWA---it's exactly what should go in the e-mail to Mike Tirico.

But if you mean that for ND72, then perhaps you should consider that he may be "acting" like a journalist, but wasn't paid like a journalist. So you get what you pay for. :taunt:

MJZiggy
11-09-2007, 06:52 PM
If your going to act like a journalist, then maybe you should check your facts!

Why? The paid journalists never seem to...