PDA

View Full Version : We can make alot more.....

packinpatland
11-08-2007, 07:10 PM
In the words of Brett Favre:

"I think we're far from being where we should be, but the good thing is we have been winning, and making enough plays," Favre said. "We can make a lot more, but we're making enough to win."

Joemailman
11-08-2007, 07:26 PM
It's amazing what they have been able to do without a running game. If they ever develop a running threat (don't expect much this week), this offense will be almost impossible to stop. With the addition of K-Rob, this may be the best group of receivers Favre has had.

RashanGary
11-08-2007, 07:31 PM
The running game has gotten better with Grant playing. If they can stay in that 90 yd per game range, it will be enough to keep defenses honest and win playoff games.

b bulldog
11-08-2007, 07:54 PM
They'll be lucky to get 50 this weekend. The G play is killing this team.

Green Bud Packer
11-08-2007, 09:18 PM
The running game has gotten better with Grant playing. If they can stay in that 90 yd per game range, it will be enough to keep defenses honest and win playoff games.

I still think Jackson is the best back the Pack has. Grant couldn't carry Dorsey's jock in my opinion. He's nothing more than a stumbling, fumbling stopgap.

Rastak
11-08-2007, 09:30 PM

Well, he did have less than 3 yds a carry average last game. I will admit I'm just looking at stats and only saw part of the last game on NFLN.

Tony Oday
11-08-2007, 10:44 PM

I still think Jackson is the best back the Pack has. Grant couldn't carry Dorsey's jock in my opinion. He's nothing more than a stumbling, fumbling stopgap.

No steven JACKSON is on the Rams. The guy on the pack trys to run through linemen but then just falls down. Thats our guy.

Grant is that guy that gets hit and still gets 3 yards even though Clifton or College blew another back side cut.

Tarlam!
11-09-2007, 09:18 AM
The G play is killing this team.

I can't take this seriously. We lost to the Bears. Maybe the G play killed this team in the Bears game. Maybe we'll lose Sunday, and it will be sourced to the G play that killed us there.

BUT ON 7 WINS, WE DIDN'T GET KILLED BY ANYTHING.

Merlin
11-09-2007, 12:24 PM
I like the way Grant runs, in your face. I think a lot of his success in rushing has to do with him and not the line.

I won't go so far as to say that this is the best WR's Favre has ever had. I think they need to prove themselves over 2-3 seasons to be in that boat. But then again, I am not sure when we have ever had the same WR group for more then a season with Favre. Without a doubt, Driver is one of the best. Jennings is looking to be, although next season will be the tell all and Jones has a ton of potential and is doing a nice job. Robinson looked rusty but the guy is fast and definitely someone the defense need to pay attention to.

Jennings has shown he can get the separation needed for a deep threat and is also great across the middle. Driver never really had that separation part but he does catch the deep ball. So with all four of those on the field, it gives you a lot of potential anywhere on the field whereas I think not having a that legitimate deep ball separation threat we were somewhat limited. We now have that.

I may change my mid by the end of the season if our WR's keep the play up. I am hoping they do and they stick around and so does Favre. Next season, with some smart drafting and key FA pickups, our offense could be the best in the NFL.

Him8123
11-09-2007, 03:28 PM
I think we have 3 legitimate recievers being Driver, Jennings and Robinson. The only problem with 2 of them is Jennings in my mind is proven on playmaking ability and is legit. Just needs to prove he can be durable and stay healthy over a long period of time. And Robinson is legitimate. He just has alot of rust to shake off. Jones is on his way to being legitmate. Just need a little more time to make sure he doesn`t hit any walls. But having four guys like this still creates chaos on the field even without a running game. 4 guys who can make plays, 2 going deep and 2 slanting will have defenses running in all directions. Which in turn I think will help the run game. I like Grant he is still a newbie so give him some more time. I like the way he bursts through holes. He did have more yards than LJ last week, of course LJ got hurt. I think we are in good shape. They will continue to improve as well our running game with more snaps.