PDA

View Full Version : "Peterson to kill Packers." - You hear that D?

gbpackfan
11-08-2007, 10:16 PM
I have been going to all kinds of Packers / Vikings forums. The talk in almost every site, especially Vikings' forums, is how Adrian Peterson is going to run for another 300 yards against the Packers. What is more absurd is that the most of the boys at purplepride.org believe the Bollinger gives the Vikes a very good chance to win. Brooks fricking Bollinger! Are they on crack! I hope the Packers D is listening to all this AP hype. The Vikings, and their fans, need to realize that our guys have pride too. I understand that AP is having a good season and had an AMAZING game last week. But for Vikings fans to expect 200-300 yards a game with this kid is silly. And when you have a 3rd string QB running the O, it's just plain stupid. This is a huge challenge for the Packers D, no doubt. But listen up Vikings' fans, DON'T THINK FOR A MINUTE THE PACKERS ARE GOING TO LET YOUR ONLY OFFENSIVE WEAPON BEAT US! NOT IN OUR HOUSE. HE'S GOING TO GET SOME YARDS, BUT IT ISN'T GOING TO BE THE AP SHOW! AT LAMBEAU, THE BRIGHTEST STAR IS GOING TO BE BRETT FAVRE!!!

Okay, I feel better. Ahhh. :D

Tony Oday
11-08-2007, 10:42 PM
He will not top 100 this week...

Bretsky
11-08-2007, 10:45 PM
I'd take AP getting 125yds and only one TD

I agree that Bollinger gives them a better chance to win than Jackson; he's not that good but offers stability and can be an effective game manager. Also smart. Jackson just does not have it IMO at all

Harlan Huckleby
11-08-2007, 11:22 PM

I'll bet you $5 he does.

gbpackfan
11-09-2007, 12:32 AM

I'll bet you $5 he does.

I think he gets over 100, but not 200 or 300 like every Viking fan would have you believe.

the_idle_threat
11-09-2007, 03:37 AM
the boys at purplepride.org

Are these the guys that have the parades with the rainbows and stuff? :?: :?: :?:

wpony
11-09-2007, 03:39 AM
as long as we keep him under 150 we will be ok

Rastak
11-09-2007, 04:45 AM

I'll bet you $5 he does.

I think he gets over 100, but not 200 or 300 like every Viking fan would have you believe.

When the hell did I say he'd run for 200 or 300?

gbpackfan
11-09-2007, 06:04 AM

I'll bet you $5 he does.

Got me there. I should have said "like most" not "every."

Rastak
11-09-2007, 06:07 AM

I'll bet you $5 he does.

Got me there. I should have said "like most" not "every."

I haven't heard much bragging at all about Peterson killing Green bay. Not in person anyway. Green Bay has a decent run defense and the game is outside. Plus, the Vikings passing game sucks so run stopping will be the focus.

It all depends on the QB.

Fred's Slacks
11-09-2007, 06:25 AM
In a way I hope they don't hear about this. I don't think getting hyped up is going to help them stop Peterson. The key, in my opinion, is playing discipline football. If we do that we have a chance to contain him. He's going to get his yards. If we play discipline football we can keep him around 100. If we get all hyped up trying to prove something, we're going to over run him and that's when he'll gouge us for the big one. It only takes one mistake with him. But if everyone takes care of their responsibilities, he won't kill us and we should win the game.

PaCkFan_n_MD
11-09-2007, 07:15 AM
IMO, Peterson is getting to much of the credit because he has had some mighty big lanes to run though. Peterson is the best back in the league, but his line may be the best run blocking line in the league as well.

Our O line is the biggest problem, not the backs. Grant probably isn't that bad, its our horrid line that blocks like shit. YUK.

run pMc
11-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Over two weeks, DAL & PHI held AP to 133 yds and 1TD on 32 rushes. I think GB's D is decent, and could hold AP to a good but not outlandish number. I agree 100% that the key is playing disciplined D and "staying in their lanes".

The MIN OL is very good, but I think the GB DL stacks up pretty well.

Bollinger is playing better than the other 2 QBs, but I think it's a stretch to say he's a big threat. He was 3rd string for a reason.

This is all about AP and the MIN defense.

The Packers lose only if they beat themselves.

Tarlam!
11-09-2007, 08:59 AM
AP is a humble person and a highly talented football player. He has earned the respect of any serious fan, IMO. He's certainly got my respect, for whatever that's worth to him!

I am pretty sure, the GB Defense repects him and will not under estimate his immense talent. He could very well rush 300 against us, or 30.

I am not gonna talk smack in his general direction, let alone towards the Vikings. They have a damned good chance coming into this game after breaking out last week. Our team has its heads held high - rightly so! Two wins in hostile environments within 6 days is no walk in the park!

It should be a great contest to watch.
Let's face it, the anticipation of this game is really what being a fan is all about. I am so nervous!! :P

Carolina_Packer
11-09-2007, 09:19 AM
IMO, Peterson is getting to much of the credit because he has had some mighty big lanes to run though. Peterson is the best back in the league, but his line may be the best run blocking line in the league as well.

Our O line is the biggest problem, not the backs. Grant probably isn't that bad, its our horrid line that blocks like shit. YUK.

It must be difficult to go into a season as a coach, knowing how you finished last season and to see a regression in guard play. They are where they are right now. Grant is a more decisive, explosive runner, so he's making the line look better. Here is a Q&A from Cliff Christl's chat from Packer Insider this week regarding the Packer running game and Adrian Peterson's talent:

Q: Alex Scribner of Vancouver, WA - Cliff, I'm interested in your take on what has been the biggest reason for the failure of the Packer running game thus far in 2007. Has it been the lack of a top notch RB or more the poor play of the O-Line? Would a Marshawn Lynch - if he had been available to the Packers - even been able to do much with such O-line play? And finally, if the running game does not become more of a consistent threat, can the Packers really go deep into the playoffs? Thanks!

A: Cliff Christl - Almost every scout that I've ever talked to said great runners make a running game, more than the other way around. And what do the Packers have? Pretty pedestrian backs. Yes, I realize Larry Johnson is really handicapped by his line. Any back needs good blocking. But I'll guarantee you this: If you put Adrian Peterson on the Packers, he might not have 1,000-plus yards already and a 6.6 average, but I'll bet he'd be close to 1,000 and averaging better than 5 a carry. What makes him special? All it takes is a crease and he can go the distance. His numbers come from his long runs, and what he does in the open field, mostly on his own.

Lurker64
11-09-2007, 10:36 AM
What's the weather going to be in Green Bay on Sunday? The worse the weather, and the sloppier the field the less explosive AP is going to be.

Partial
11-09-2007, 10:45 AM

Completely disagree. Peterson is creating a lot.

pack4to84
11-09-2007, 10:48 AM
I am hoping for a B.Sanders like performance in the playoffs in '95, -13 yards rushing

Rastak
11-09-2007, 10:54 AM
What's the weather going to be in Green Bay on Sunday? The worse the weather, and the sloppier the field the less explosive AP is going to be.

It was raining in Chicago and he gained 224.

I guess he's a mudder as they say in horse racing.

Lurker64
11-09-2007, 11:00 AM
It was raining in Chicago and he gained 224.

I guess he's a mudder as they say in horse racing.

In the words of Star Tribune columnist Jim Souhan "Chicago has demonstrated that they have no interest in tackling anybody anymore, and Brian Urhlacher has become invisible." So we can't be sure the same result would happen.

But regardless, if the track is bad it limits his overall speed and his ability to make explosive cuts. On the other hand, it does mean that a passive tackler tends to slide and get run over. So who knows?

Merlin
11-09-2007, 11:14 AM
If we can keep Peterson in check (under 150 combined yards) with only one TD then we have a chance to beat them. If he puts up over that then we are going to have trouble. Also, if all of his rushing yards aren't 3-4 yard carries, that will go in our favor. If he is gaining 3-4 yards a carry every time he touches the ball then Vikings will be able to control the clock. We almost need for him to bust one for 50 yards in that 150 in stats.

Our passing game will be cause for quick scores and not much time on the field. We need to go back to a check down short passing game to control the clock against the Vikings.

3irty1
11-09-2007, 11:38 AM

Peterson has a good line and just good blocking everywhere but Peterson would still be breaking all these long runs with a more average line. He obviously would be less successful with a bottleneck o-line like the Chiefs have but Peterson deserves all the credit.

Him8123
11-09-2007, 03:35 PM
I think he will get around 100-150 yards. He`s not going to get 200-300 yards every week in the NFL. Thats just impossible. He`s good but he isn`t unstoppable.

Rastak
11-09-2007, 05:04 PM
The one weird thing is that I must have read 1000 times on this site how crappy or average the Vikings offensive line is and how they aren't worth what they are paid but now suddenly they're good to great? The RG is different, otherwise it's the exact same guys who finished out last year.

Bretsky
11-09-2007, 05:10 PM
The one weird thing is that I must have read 1000 times on this site how crappy or average the Vikings offensive line is and how they aren't worth what they are paid but now suddenly they're good to great? The RG is different, otherwise it's the exact same guys who finished out last year.\\

Those comments are perfectly justified; When I suggested a few times that the Hutchinson signing might not be so bad I was hit with a few I told you so's based on last years results. That OL looks pretty dam good and that signing is looking better going forward as well.

MadtownPacker
11-09-2007, 08:03 PM
The one weird thing is that I must have read 1000 times on this site how crappy or average the Vikings offensive line is and how they aren't worth what they are paid but now suddenly they're good to great? The RG is different, otherwise it's the exact same guys who finished out last year.
I think I even heard you saying they suck. :P

But I agree, AP is doing his thing all over the place and it is mostly all him. The Packers need to contain him because the vikings air game aint worth a shit.

Rastak
11-09-2007, 08:06 PM
I think I even heard you saying they suck. :P

But I agree, AP is doing his thing all over the place and it is mostly all him. The Packers need to contain him because the vikings air game aint worth a shit.

No they are not worth a shit..... :)

Yea, the OL underacheived last year and they have been a little better this year. Not as much as some posters here seem to think. My observations are this, OL is playing better than they were, recievers and TE's are blocking like crazy and doing a great job. Outstanding job. And Peterson is an amazing player. I didn't see him much in college, I don't follow the big 12 but that dude is something else.

Green Bud Packer
11-09-2007, 08:23 PM
A special back can make his 0-line shine. A strong o-line can make a back special as Denver has proven. I think AP is special. I questioned his durability. Durability seems to be the only knock on him and only time can answer that question.

I say he's going to be in a dog fight Sunday and I'm beleiving the Pack is gonna prove to be the tougher dog.

Rastak
11-09-2007, 08:25 PM
A special back can make his 0-line shine. A strong o-line can make a back special as Denver has proven. I think AP is special. I questioned his durability. Durability seems to be the only knock on him and only time can answer that question.

I say he's going to be in a dog fight Sunday and I'm beleiving the Pack is gonna prove to be the tougher dog.

Could be....I have a great deal of respect for the Packer defense. It's kind of funny, I have these ideas on how any team could exploit them but nobody really does so most likely my ideas are bullshit.

Green Bud Packer
11-09-2007, 08:33 PM

Could be....I have a great deal of respect for the Packer defense. It's kind of funny, I have these ideas on how any team could exploit them but nobody really does so most likely my ideas are bullshit.

That's a part of what being a fan is all about.

mmmdk
11-10-2007, 04:13 AM
Stopping AP is one task; another is stopping the myriad of penalties by the Packers. If the penalties don't stop then Vikings win.

Packers are the 2nd most penalized team - that WILL come back to bite ya.

4and12to12and4
11-10-2007, 10:52 PM
AP may get over 100 yards tomorrow, but only if he busts at least one big one, 150 if he busts two. Other than that, KGB will be getting a lot of time in on third and "pass". Our front 7 showed LJ, and LT what happens when a real good running back goes against our defense, my concern is less with Peterson than Childress actually gameplanning for us, and realizing our safety situation is shit, and utilizes short passes, screens, and tight ends. If their passing game does what it should, not much, we should win, barring turnovers. But, that's why they play the games, watch out for their passing game to overachieve against an overaggressive 9 in the box defense misreading playaction (especially Bigby and the young db's).

Packgator
11-11-2007, 04:22 PM
I have been going to all kinds of Packers / Vikings forums. The talk in almost every site, especially Vikings' forums, is how Adrian Peterson is going to run for another 300 yards against the Packers. DON'T THINK FOR A MINUTE THE PACKERS ARE GOING TO LET YOUR ONLY OFFENSIVE WEAPON BEAT US! NOT IN OUR HOUSE. HE'S GOING TO GET SOME YARDS, BUT IT ISN'T GOING TO BE THE AP SHOW! AT LAMBEAU, THE BRIGHTEST STAR IS GOING TO BE BRETT FAVRE!!!

Nice call on your counter to the Viking fans. Those 45 yards were something. What are they saying now?

Rastak
11-11-2007, 04:27 PM
I have been going to all kinds of Packers / Vikings forums. The talk in almost every site, especially Vikings' forums, is how Adrian Peterson is going to run for another 300 yards against the Packers. DON'T THINK FOR A MINUTE THE PACKERS ARE GOING TO LET YOUR ONLY OFFENSIVE WEAPON BEAT US! NOT IN OUR HOUSE. HE'S GOING TO GET SOME YARDS, BUT IT ISN'T GOING TO BE THE AP SHOW! AT LAMBEAU, THE BRIGHTEST STAR IS GOING TO BE BRETT FAVRE!!!

Nice call on your counter to the Viking fans. Those 45 yards were something. What are they saying now?

I think they are saying that the Green Bay Packers played him ok, and he got hurt.
Not only that. but Green Bay had a huge advantage in time of possesion.

He can't tote the rock when Green Bay has the ball....

Your take?

Rastak
11-11-2007, 04:28 PM

It should be fairly obvious, but I'll spell it out for you since you didn't figure it out. Injury and time of possesion.

cpk1994
11-11-2007, 04:30 PM

I think they are saying that the Green Bay Packers played him ok, and he got hurt.

Your take?

Fire your D-Coordinator. Where did they find this clown?

Rastak
11-11-2007, 04:35 PM

Your take?

Nah, fire the head coach.

Packgator
11-11-2007, 05:01 PM
[quote="Packgator"][quote=gbpackfan]Your take?

He had a couple of explosive and powerful runs early......which showed what kind of a back he is. I dread having to play him twice each season for the next ten years. I wish he was a Packer. But the bottom line for this game is just 45 rushing yards......regardless of how or why. Now I don't have to worry about him anymore.......until next year.

ND72
11-11-2007, 05:02 PM

:shock: Nostradomis?

Iron Mike
11-11-2007, 05:06 PM

I think Double H owes you 5 clams. :lol:

cpk1994
11-11-2007, 05:14 PM

Your take?

Nah, fire the head coach.Fire both of them. That was one of the most brutally called games by a D-Coordinator ever. How do you not blitz Favre. Was totally outclassed. He makes Bob Slowik look like a Defensive Guru.

Rastak
11-11-2007, 05:17 PM

Your take?

Nah, fire the head coach.Fire both of them. That was one of the most brutally called games by a D-Coordinator ever. How do you not blitz Favre. Was totally outclassed. He makes Bob Slowik look like a Defensive Guru.

No shit. 3 man rush half the game......wtf?

Lurker64
11-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Blitzing Favre is sort of a "damned if you do/damned if you don't" sort of thing. Favre is one of the better QBs in the league at getting passes out quick, and plays in an offense designed to do this. But at the same time, if you stand back there and leave him unmolested he'll pick apart the defense. Peyton Manning is the same way.

I think the Vikings game plan was "drop a hojillion guys into coverage and dare the Packers to run the ball" (like the Redskins did, somewhat successfully), the problem being that Green Bay was able to run against that and the defensive gameplan never really recovered or adjusted.

Tony Oday
11-11-2007, 09:21 PM

I'll bet you $5 he does.
You owe me $5 :)

Guiness
11-12-2007, 01:14 AM
After the past couple of games, I don't think anyone disputes AP's talent, and ability to get it done.

However, the jury is still out on if he can survive with his upright running style. Was this injury related to that, or just a fluke? Did Harris hit him low, or was he running high.

I guess time will tell. I don't like the idea of playing against him twice a year for the next 10 either, but I'm not so sure we'll have to.

3irty1
11-12-2007, 01:27 AM
After the past couple of games, I don't think anyone disputes AP's talent, and ability to get it done.

However, the jury is still out on if he can survive with his upright running style. Was this injury related to that, or just a fluke? Did Harris hit him low, or was he running high.

I guess time will tell. I don't like the idea of playing against him twice a year for the next 10 either, but I'm not so sure we'll have to.

Harris hit him at the knees but this doesn't seem to be the kind of injury that will have lasting effects.

I bet he'll be fine. His clone Eric Dickerson was.

gbpackfan
11-12-2007, 03:52 AM
Blitzing Favre is sort of a "damned if you do/damned if you don't" sort of thing. Favre is one of the better QBs in the league at getting passes out quick, and plays in an offense designed to do this. But at the same time, if you stand back there and leave him unmolested he'll pick apart the defense. Peyton Manning is the same way.

I think the Vikings game plan was "drop a hojillion guys into coverage and dare the Packers to run the ball" (like the Redskins did, somewhat successfully), the problem being that Green Bay was able to run against that and the defensive gameplan never really recovered or adjusted.

I agree it's a tough pill to swallow with Brett. Blitz and he'll kill you, don't and he'll pick you apart. However, I would blitz. You just can't let him stand back there with all day to throw. But what the hell do I know. I'm just glad Favre is on our team.

gbpackfan
11-12-2007, 03:57 AM
Well, I guess the D was listening. And I think the Packers D did a GREAT job with AP. AP is damn, damn good. You can see the burst and the power. Seeing him live was actually pretty cool. I never want the special ones to beat the Packers (duh), but it's always a thrill to see them up close and in person. I think guys like AP and LT set new standards for what's acceptable. 45 yards into the 3rd quarter was EXCELLENT WORK! If he would have had 125 yards I would have found that acceptable. As long as he didn't have 3 TDs. It's like opposing teams saying it is only acceptable if they hold Favre to under 200 yards passing. Favre is going to get his yards, period. AP is going to get his, period. But the D had to take notice of all the press and hit the field with something to prove.

gbgary
12-13-2016, 02:42 PM
practicing this week. i think he's eyeing on the Packers game as his comeback game.

KYPack
12-13-2016, 04:18 PM
Woaa. This is a cool bump, GBG.

pbmax
12-13-2016, 04:33 PM
In a way I hope they don't hear about this. I don't think getting hyped up is going to help them stop Peterson. The key, in my opinion, is playing discipline football. If we do that we have a chance to contain him. He's going to get his yards. If we play discipline football we can keep him around 100. If we get all hyped up trying to prove something, we're going to over run him and that's when he'll gouge us for the big one. It only takes one mistake with him. But if everyone takes care of their responsibilities, he won't kill us and we should win the game.

Where the hell has Fred's Slacks gone?

And Merlin?

gbgary
12-14-2016, 11:45 AM
Packers NewsVerified account
‏@PGPackersNews
Adrian Peterson returned to #Vikings practice today with hopes of returning Christmas Eve at Lambeau vs. #Packers

Maxie the Taxi
12-14-2016, 12:47 PM
"D" better focus on Jordan Howard this week. They guy can bring it.

Fritz
12-14-2016, 12:53 PM
Packers NewsVerified account
‏@PGPackersNews
Adrian Peterson returned to #Vikings practice today with hopes of returning Christmas Eve at Lambeau vs. #Packers

Can't you just see that F*#!3r coming back and rushing for 200+ yards to break the Packers' backs and crush their playoff dreams. Uuuuggghhhh.

RashanGary
12-14-2016, 12:56 PM

I miss this. Favre was good, even old!

ThunderDan
12-14-2016, 12:59 PM
Can't you just see that F*#!3r coming back and rushing for 200+ yards to break the Packers' backs and crush their playoff dreams. Uuuuggghhhh.

Or he comes back and we knock him out twice during the same season!

gbgary
12-14-2016, 02:15 PM

that would be just our luck. but you know...maybe our bad luck is over for the year.

:shock:

did i just say that out loud?