PDA

View Full Version : Did woodson show this weekend?

Tony Oday
04-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Just wondering havent heard anything.

digitaldean
04-01-2006, 03:13 PM
From packersnews.com:
Woodson, the former Oakland Raiders Pro Bowl cornerback, postponed his visit to the Packers from Thursday and today to early next week. The Packers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers appear to be the only teams pushing hard to sign him.

Hope they can get a deal done. He and Hawk would be great additions to the D.
:smile:

GrnBay007
04-01-2006, 03:23 PM
welcome to the forum dean. Love the Fred Flintstone avatar.....one of my all-time favorite cartoons. :razz:

digitaldean
04-01-2006, 03:39 PM
welcome to the forum dean. Love the Fred Flintstone avatar.....one of my all-time favorite cartoons. :razz:

YABBA DABBA DOO!!!

Thanks for this forum!

The JSO forum is a troll-filled, political mess! Hope I can contribute and have some fun here!

gary schmitz
04-01-2006, 04:28 PM
That has been one strange forum. What happened there?

Bretsky
04-01-2006, 05:50 PM
welcome to the forum Gary

GrnBay007
04-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Welcome Gary. Yes, things got pretty bad over at JSO. Good to have u here.

b bulldog
04-01-2006, 09:53 PM
007, ALWAYS KNEW YOU HAD A SOFT SPOT FOR DOGS :oops:

GrnBay007
04-01-2006, 10:21 PM
007, ALWAYS KNEW YOU HAD A SOFT SPOT FOR DOGS :oops:

hmmmm.....I'm confused. But anyway welcome to the forum bulldog! Good to see you here.

P.S. could someone in charge of refreshments make sure we order more kool-aid? We may need A LOT extra for bulldog!! :razz: :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
04-01-2006, 10:56 PM
I think because you have a dog in your avartar.

GoPackGo
04-01-2006, 11:00 PM
I think because you have a dog in your avartar.
or because his stage name is b bulldog

GrnBay007
04-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Yeah, Yeah, the :idea: came on after I posted that.....lol

Hey jpopp, that a pic of your dog in your avatar by any chance? Looks like a beauty.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-03-2006, 10:51 AM
From the lack of report, it looks like Thompson may have fucked up with the Woodson situation.

Although i would like to see woodson in green and gold, I really wasnt that optimistic. merely needed to remind myself who is the GM.

MJZiggy
04-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Either that or they don't want him mobbed at the airport and will announce something when there's something to announce.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-03-2006, 11:00 AM
Either that or they don't want him mobbed at the airport and will announce something when there's something to announce.

Its more likely thompson refused to break the bank to sign Woodson. I think being cheap is tt's nature.

MJZiggy
04-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Let's wait and see what happens....

HarveyWallbangers
04-03-2006, 03:15 PM
I don't know what's worse: waiting for Favre to make up his mind or waiting to see if Thompson makes a legit run at Charles Woodson. Hurry up with the meeting and offer already.

MJZiggy
04-03-2006, 03:20 PM
You just hate waiting.

No Mo Moss
04-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Adam Schefter reported on NFL Total Access reported that Woodson was in town today and

"I have been told by reputable sources that GB has a very "serious" interest in signing Woodson to play cornerback."

No Mo Moss
04-03-2006, 06:59 PM
(April 3, 2006) -- One way or another, it now looks like cornerback Charles Woodson is going to wind up by the Bay -- either Green Bay or Tampa Bay.

Woodson spent today visiting Green Bay. One Packers official said the team has a "significant interest" in signing the former Raiders cornerback. It should.

The Packers need another cornerback to start opposite Al Harris, and signing him would allow Green Bay to move its 2004 first-round pick Ahmad Carroll to nickel back.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/killoran25/img6931401.jpg

Charles Woodson was named to four Pro Bowl squads early in his career, but recent injuries have given GMs pause.
Then there is this factor, which could well be the deciding factor in where Woodson winds up: The Packers still have a bushel of salary-cap room available, whereas Tampa Bay does not.

Green Bay's biggest offseason moves were re-signing defensive end Aaron Kampman and running back Ahman Green, but just as notable, the team also lost kicker Ryan Longwell and center Mike Flanagan.

An NFL executive believes the Packers are feeling the pressure of signing a high-profile productive free agent, and there just aren't many more out there. Woodson is one of the last men standing. His addition would be a boost to the Packers roster and Green Bay's morale, especially while it awaits Brett Favre's decision.

And no one knows when Favre finally will announce his decision, but the football world is almost assured of hearing something this week.

Favre is hosting his annual golf tournament April 6-9 in Tunica, Miss. Tunica could be just the town and time for Favre to say, as many Packers officials expect, that the quarterback would like to return for one more season -- his last. Favre is expected to attend his golf tournament, and Packers fans would like to know whether their quarterback can be expected in Green Bay.

FavreChild
04-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Yeah, it sounds like Tampa wants to his him as a nickel, since they already have Kelly and Barber as their starters. Whereas in GB, Woodson in all likelihood would be starting w/ Harris...

Sounds good for us!

MJZiggy
04-03-2006, 07:07 PM
As long as we're willing to pay him.

FavreChild
04-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Right-o. But it doesn't sound like Tampa is in a position to throw too much money at him. Plus they signed another FA today (Winborn).

But with TT...you never know.

HarveyWallbangers
04-03-2006, 07:30 PM
It's amazing how little the national writers know about each individual teams. Give me Christl, Silverstein, McGinn over these jokers every day.

Tampa Bay wants Woodson to start at safety.

FavreChild
04-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Yeah, but didn't Woodson say no (or at least express great reluctance) to starting at safety? Still, the difference is that Tampa would use him more "liberally" in the secondary, whereas he's likely starting at CB with the Pack.