PDA

View Full Version : Simeon Rice - Worth a Look?

Kiwon
11-10-2007, 04:56 AM
Simeon Rice gets cut by the Broncos.

Should the Packers bring him in for a looksee? At least gauge whether he could provide some veteran insurance in case someone on the line goes down?

gbpackfan
11-10-2007, 06:02 AM
I would say no. Who would we cut on the d line in order to bring him in? There are also some injury concerns.

the_idle_threat
11-10-2007, 06:19 AM
Sometimes I find useful things at rummage sales, but I stop short of rooting through someone's garbage left out at the curb.

b bulldog
11-10-2007, 07:36 AM
no

Carolina_Packer
11-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Isn't it curious why he's getting cut right now? Didn't he have injury concerns? He must not have been getting any better, and not able to get on the field to make an impact.

It's not TT's MO to bring a guy in like this, especially when they have KGB and Kampy already.

Little Whiskey
11-10-2007, 12:19 PM
THought i heard that he was complaining about playing time. so they cut him

BallHawk
11-10-2007, 01:33 PM
THought i heard that he was complaining about playing time. so they cut him

He's a shell of what he used to be and I think he refuses to realize that. He still thinks he's a serviceable football player.

If you get cut from the DL of the worst rush defense in the league...maybe you should consider hanging 'em up.

Lurker64
11-10-2007, 01:53 PM
It's not clear to me that he'd be an improvement over either Montgomery or Hunter. I think that alone is enough to justify a resounding "no."

It's not like we're in desperate need of defensive linemen, you know...

cheesner
11-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Sometimes I find useful things at rummage sales, but I stop short of rooting through someone's garbage left out at the curb.And this would be the garbage of the poorest person in town.

If the Broncos, who are lacking on the DL don't want him, I think that is a pretty good indication of what he is worth. Time to retire.