PDA

View Full Version : OH MY GOD!!!!!

packinpatland
11-10-2007, 12:23 PM
There may be a return of REX!!!!!

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl

Posted: Saturday November 10, 2007 08:25AM ET
In a sign that Lovie Smith likely won't watch idly if Brian Griese struggles Sunday against the Raiders, the Bears increased Rex Grossman's work in practice this week from 30 percent of the snaps to 40 percent, a team source confirmed Friday.

Chicago Tribune

RashanGary
11-10-2007, 12:28 PM
I know we laugh at Rex all of the time, but I think they made a mistake benching him. I honestly thought he was their best QB. IT's not saying much, but the guy did make some really good throws from time to time.

esoxx
11-10-2007, 12:33 PM
What choice do they have, Kyle Orton? :lol:

Griese's not the answer.

They're screwed.

Pacopete4
11-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Kyle Orton won a lotta games for them.. why didnt they give this guy a chance?... doesnt make sense to me..

maybe their problems dont all fall on the QB position........

BallHawk
11-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Kyle Orton won a lotta games for them.. why didnt they give this guy a chance?... doesnt make sense to me..

maybe their problems dont all fall on the QB position........

59.7 QB Rating as a starter.

But then again, they won 10 games with him (or in spite of him)

The ship has already sunk, it'd make sense to give him a chance. I seem to remember he played pretty decent in camp.

digitaldean
11-10-2007, 01:50 PM
There may be a return of REX!!!!!

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl

Posted: Saturday November 10, 2007 08:25AM ET
In a sign that Lovie Smith likely won't watch idly if Brian Griese struggles Sunday against the Raiders, the Bears increased Rex Grossman's work in practice this week from 30 percent of the snaps to 40 percent, a team source confirmed Friday.

Chicago Tribune

It isn't all the QB issue. It's because they can't run the ball. You think we have it bad, they ditched Thomas Jones in FA and kept Cedric Benson.

Benson is soft and their O-Line has struggled in the run. Heard on PFW's radio show that the Chicago rushing attack is 31st in the league.

Combine that with mediocre at best QB play and that leads to an anemic offense.

At least we have an All-Pro QB to save us from a subpar rushing attack.

retailguy
11-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Wrex is my favorite football player. I sincerely hope they sign him to a fully guaranteed 10 year contract, with cap hits so severe they cannot trade or bench him for the entire duration of the contract.

Let's start an online petition. Bring back WREX! :twisted:

digitaldean
11-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Right behind ya, RG!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rastak
11-10-2007, 03:27 PM
I know we laugh at Rex all of the time, but I think they made a mistake benching him. I honestly thought he was their best QB. IT's not saying much, but the guy did make some really good throws from time to time.

Sad thing is he'd be an upgrade over Jackson in Minnesota..... :cry:

retailguy
11-10-2007, 03:32 PM

So would Jeff George! :twisted:

packinpatland
11-10-2007, 04:22 PM

Ras, you do realize there is no sympathy to be had here, right? :wink:

Joemailman
11-10-2007, 04:46 PM

Maybe they'll trade him to the Vikes for Fergy. Bears could use a good blocking WR. :mrgreen:

Rastak
11-10-2007, 04:56 PM

Maybe they'll trade him to the Vikes for Fergy. Bears could use a good blocking WR. :mrgreen:

You won't be laughing when AD runs by a cb tomorrow!

:)

oregonpackfan
11-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Perhaps Rex is returning because carrying the clipboard might have been too much for him! :)

4and12to12and4
11-10-2007, 05:28 PM
[quote=JustinHarrell]I know we laugh at Rex all of the time, but I think they made a mistake benching him. I honestly thought he was their best QB. IT's not saying much, but the guy did make some really good throws from time to time.

More likely a safety.

Rastak
11-10-2007, 05:38 PM
[quote=JustinHarrell]I know we laugh at Rex all of the time, but I think they made a mistake benching him. I honestly thought he was their best QB. IT's not saying much, but the guy did make some really good throws from time to time.

More likely a safety.

Once he gets past the cb on the sidelines it's over. Maybe going forward safeties will take better angles, because it seems they misjudge his speed and they take bad angles and it's a 50 yard run.

esoxx
11-10-2007, 11:47 PM
[quote="Pacopete4"]Kyle Orton won a lotta games for them.. why didnt they give this guy a chance?... doesnt make sense to me..

quote]

Kyle Orton wasn't the reason why the Bears won when he played. He was horrible. I'm not sure how they won those games with him in there, but doesn't it say something that he can't get on the field with only Griese and Grossman as his competition?

GrnBay007
11-11-2007, 06:02 AM
Perhaps Rex is returning because carrying the clipboard might have been too much for him! :)

I don't even think he did that well. There were too many pics of him smiling when griese messed up. Real Sad!!!!

Scott Campbell
11-11-2007, 08:46 AM
BRING BACK REX!!!

Scott Campbell
11-11-2007, 08:49 AM

It is sad to see such an incredible talent surrounded by the rest of those skill positions on offense. RB's typically have short careers. You guys hit the jackpot with him, so the Vikings better move quickly, because the clock is ticking.

Lurker64
11-11-2007, 11:30 AM
It is sad to see such an incredible talent surrounded by the rest of those skill positions on offense. RB's typically have short careers. You guys hit the jackpot with him, so the Vikings better move quickly, because the clock is ticking.

Not to mention that Peterson's (admittedly effective) aggressive upright style doesn't seem designed to lengthen his career any.

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 11:53 AM
aGREE AND HE HAD INJURY ISSUES IN SCHOOL

Harlan Huckleby
11-11-2007, 01:24 PM
aGREE AND HE HAD INJURY ISSUES IN SCHOOL

what a wuss!