PDA

View Full Version : Niners Forum about Aaron Rodgers

BlueBrewer
11-10-2007, 05:12 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?s=52fcfff1c611f398f7460b6e55449f8a&t=159400

They are pretty split on the subject but a lot of them think AR would be there savior. Kind of funny.

Rastak
11-10-2007, 05:15 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?s=52fcfff1c611f398f7460b6e55449f8a&t=159400

They are pretty split on the subject but a lot of them think AR would be there savior. Kind of funny.

Good catch Blue....

Yea, right now Alex Smith isn't the answer. That's why it's so hard picking a qb in the top 10 in the first round. Expensive as hell and not a sure thing. Next year there are about 8 top qb prospects, but would a team want to risk a top 10 pick on one?

It will be an interesting draft next year.

Nice forum...reminds me of espn forums. "You think that, then you are a moron" ....very intelligent discourse.

MTPackerfan
11-10-2007, 05:19 PM
So is it in our interest to trade Rodgers for high draft picks and hope Brett plays a couple more years?

BlueBrewer
11-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Do you think the Vikes are in the market for a 1st rd QB next year or is thier wagon hitched to T Jack

4and12to12and4
11-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Whats funny is I started a thread describing a trip I made to Soldier Field with my buddies this preseason, the Bears played the 49ers, and I got pissed at the niners unability to move the ball and stood up and yelled, "I guess you should've drafted Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith, you suck". The stadium was pretty quiet, maybe I started a rumor!! 8-)

Joemailman
11-10-2007, 05:29 PM
So is it in our interest to trade Rodgers for high draft picks and hope Brett plays a couple more years?

The whole point of drafting Rodgers, in my opinion, was to avoid the situation you had in Denver and Miami when Elway and Marino retired. They had no one ready to replace a great quarterback. I don't see Brett playing past 2008. Either the Packers will win it all, prompting Brett to retire, or Brett will decide it just ain't gonna happen and retire. Of course, a few of years ago, I didn't think he'd play past 2006. :D

Rastak
11-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Do you think the Vikes are in the market for a 1st rd QB next year or is thier wagon hitched to T Jack

Oh hell yes....but hopefully not top 10.

I don't see why Chilly is so glued to Jackson. It's still early and he does a couple things well but he can't hit the borad side of a barn At least 7 times this year he's had guys running free for a sure TD and about 5 of those times he misses them by 5 yards.

5 yards!

CaliforniaCheez
11-10-2007, 05:37 PM
"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence."

Living in their broadcast area(I get the Packer game tomorrow) I've seen Alex Smith play a lot.

This is the classic case of starting a guy too early. As a bench guy can learn and work on mechanics and get the basics down before moving on.

Alex Smith was "thrown into the deep end and told to swim." His bad habits have not been eliminated. He also does not have good receivers helping him.

The Vikings are wrecking Tarvaris Jackson this way also.

In contrast, Tony Romo benefited from bench time as has Aaron Rodgers.
Rodgers was not ready to play his first 2 years. He has improved and will be ready next year; even if he is not needed.

Rastak
11-10-2007, 05:41 PM
"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence."

Living in their broadcast area(I get the Packer game tomorrow) I've seen Alex Smith play a lot.

This is the classic case of starting a guy too early. As a bench guy can learn and work on mechanics and get the basics down before moving on.

Alex Smith was "thrown into the deep end and told to swim." His bad habits have not been eliminated. He also does not have good receivers helping him.

The Vikings are wrecking Tarvaris Jackson this way also.
In contrast, Tony Romo benefited from bench time as has Aaron Rodgers.
Rodgers was not ready to play his first 2 years. He has improved and will be ready next year; even if he is not needed.

I completely agree. The guys confidence is gonna be shot. He wasn't ready yet they talk him up. He looked pretty decent in both preseasons, but he's friggen lost when the games are for real and the other team is throwing everything they have at him.

So has Smith looked as bad as the highlights on sportscenter?

Harlan Huckleby
11-10-2007, 05:42 PM
The whole point of drafting Rodgers, in my opinion, was to avoid the situation you had in Denver and Miami when Elway and Marino retired.

ya, but the question is becoming who will retire first, Favre or Rodgers?

Partial
11-10-2007, 05:45 PM

Oh hell yes....but hopefully not top 10.

I don't see why Chilly is so glued to Jackson. It's still early and he does a couple things well but he can't hit the borad side of a barn At least 7 times this year he's had guys running free for a sure TD and about 5 of those times he misses them by 5 yards.

5 yards!

I could see them going with someone like Deshawn Jackson or adding a corner.

4and12to12and4
11-10-2007, 05:48 PM
It is going to be interesting to see if Favre outplays yet another quality starting QB on the team, think of how many before him still play in the NFL. It's possible Aaron will be starting elsewhere next year. Which would suck, cuz we could've had Quinn, and he would've had a couple of years to mature before going out there. When Brett does retire, it would be nice to have a guy who has backed him up a couple of years, a young guy, I hope we try to keep Rodgers here, he will have so much knowledge and experience with our receivers and system, he could make an immediate positive impact.

CaliforniaCheez
11-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Rodgers is signed through the 09 season.

March 2010 is crunch time.

Time to draft another????

Brando19
11-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Trade Rodgers for Frank Gore....now that's a scary Packers team!

RashanGary
11-10-2007, 08:58 PM
I'd give them Rodgers or Favre for Willis.

retailguy
11-10-2007, 10:36 PM

How about both?

Lurker64
11-10-2007, 10:43 PM

How about both?

We can't have Charles Woodson playing CB, QB, and returning punts...

BallHawk
11-10-2007, 11:21 PM
First of all i think that the 49ers in the offseason should get aaron Rodgers cause i believe he can be a better leader for our team cause i think Aaron will be a better QB

Had to read that about 5 times to understand what the dude was trying to say. :lol:

Him8123
11-11-2007, 05:53 AM
Id say Rodgers for Gore and Davis

Tarlam!
11-11-2007, 07:12 AM
A-Rod has proven he is a Team-First player. He has been mobbed for his poor showings in his first 2 preseasons, but, he flashed something this year.

His broken foot is a red flag, of course.

But in terms of attitude, willingness to invest off-season in himself, his public statements - hell, his pure joy at seeing BF throw for a winning bomb all add up to a Packer type player.

He has earned the first shot after "Pony Boy*" hangs 'em up.

* The Pony Boy reference, I saw in someones sig. I loved it.

ND72
11-11-2007, 09:19 AM
Rodgers is signed through the 09 season.

March 2010 is crunch time.

Time to draft another????

It'll be interesting, cause his contract is actually up at the end of next season, but he has a club option for 2 more years at $5 Million Dollars a year. (Info NOT provided by Mike Terico...Actually heard Wayne Larrivee talking about it next year.)

Harlan Huckleby
11-11-2007, 09:36 AM
If the coaches beleive Rodgers is going to be a top QB you don't give him up for anything. Period.

I don't know what to think about him. He doesn't look that special to me, but I don't see him in practice.

The Shadow
11-11-2007, 11:15 AM

Whatchoo say, Willis?

jvandehey19
11-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Difficult to evaluate a backup QB, who in his first game action, with the ball at midfield, and his team up 34-0, throws two complete passes both behind the line of scrimmage. Or is it?

BallHawk
11-11-2007, 03:05 PM
His trade value just went WAY up.

:wink: