PDA

View Full Version : Official Gameday Thread: ViQueens vs. Packers

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Maxie the Taxi
11-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Ryan Grant is Packer Radio Natwork's player of the game!!!

BallHawk
11-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Anybody know what Favre's QB Rating is for the game? 33/46, 351 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs.

That's gotta have you up in the 140s.

Pacopete4
11-11-2007, 02:59 PM
i love me some ryan grant...

Pacopete4
11-11-2007, 03:00 PM

Maxie the Taxi
11-11-2007, 03:02 PM
I want to be one of the first to congratulate Mike McCarthy!!!! This guy had his team ready in all aspects of the game. Mike, you're the greatest!!!!

Maxie the Taxi
11-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Except forget the pansy ass out of bounds kick off crap.

MadtownPacker
11-11-2007, 03:03 PM
I said it early in this thread before he caught the TDs and I will say it again because right now it makes me look smart... I want to see more of Ruvell. He has good hands and can jump up and get the ball. He earned Favre's trust after today.

wpony
11-11-2007, 03:04 PM
There offense has been bad not their defense and we tore their run defense apart today that is what is so impressive this is a total game by the pack if they can keep their running game going I see no reason we cant make it to the superbowl now I didn't feel this way before but with the running game going they look real good :wave:

BallHawk
I said it early in this thread before he caught the TDs and I will say it again because right now it makes me look smart... I want to see more of Ruvell. He has good hands and can jump up and get the ball. He earned Favre's trust after today.

It's a good day to be a Ruvell Martin supporter. :D

Maxie the Taxi

Ditto. He's a good, control-type receiver.

pack4to84
11-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Congrats on a dominating win by Green Bay. Very impressive.I was a fun week talking crap with you. You are taking it well. I know I couldnt. :D

I ain't a happy camper......but what can you do? Maybe you guys will help get Chilly fired.

I heard on 620 pregame show that the Owner for the Vikings wants Marty Schottenheimer

FritzDontBlitz
11-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Exactly what we needed, a convincing win against a bad team especially with them coming off such a huge performance against against an AFC powerhouse........ We'll see what happens in the Dallas game today but the Pack have to be considered as the best team in the NFC right now

Damn, footballfever, please tell me that's you in the profile pic. :shock:

I'm referring to the hot girl, not the monkey on her shoulder.

Lurker64
11-11-2007, 03:09 PM

It's a good day to be a Ruvell Martin supporter. :D

Is there a better #5 receiver in the league?

BallHawk
11-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Congrats on a dominating win by Green Bay. Very impressive.I was a fun week talking crap with you. You are taking it well. I know I couldnt. :D

I ain't a happy camper......but what can you do? Maybe you guys will help get Chilly fired.

I heard on 620 pregame show that the Owner for the Vikings wants Marty Schottenheimer

Will Kurt suffice? :lol:

Rastak
11-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Interesting comment by Childress on the post game.

This is close:

"We got beat on both sides of the ball today. If we weren't ready, it's on me"

No shit Sherlock. At least he admits it.

The Shadow
11-11-2007, 03:14 PM
This seems to be a defining game for the Packers.
It showed to the league- and even to themselves - what they are capable of.
Thank you, Ted Thompson, for the many 'disasters' so far in what appears to be a memorable season.

Brandon494
11-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Kinda of weird, it seems the Packers might have screwed up their draft yet they kick ass. Very impressive.

Well, Jones is making a difference. Crosby and Hall haven't been bad pickups either.

I think that Thompson drafts more for "long term value" than "immediate contribution." We'll have a much better shot at grading guys like Harrell and Jackson next year. I mean, Jolly was pedestrian at best last year and he looks great this year. Who knows what'll happen in the future?

The one thing I like about Thompson is he doesnt really care so much about the combine stats, he just knows how to pick football players. Guys who arent all about themselves and know how to play as a team. Pretty much the exact opposide of how Sherman drafted i.e. Carroll :evil:

Lurker64
11-11-2007, 03:16 PM

This is close:

In his defense, I would say that special teams were a push. Kluwe is a good punter.

Rastak
11-11-2007, 03:19 PM

This is close:

In his defense, I would say that special teams were a push. Kluwe is a good punter.

Thanks Lurk...... :roll: :wink:

footballfever
11-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Exactly what we needed, a convincing win against a bad team especially with them coming off such a huge performance against against an AFC powerhouse........ We'll see what happens in the Dallas game today but the Pack have to be considered as the best team in the NFC right now

Damn, footballfever, please tell me that's you in the profile pic. :shock:

I'm referring to the hot girl, not the monkey on her shoulder.

hahaha noooooooooo, nina conti a ventriloquist i had no idea where to find pics small enough to put as a display pic and i happened to find one of her

oregonpackfan
11-11-2007, 03:40 PM

Hey Madtown,

You have always looked smart in my eyes! :)

GBRulz
11-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Just got back from the game.

Wow...what an ass kicking in every aspect of the game! M3 really had this team ready to go today and I thought his playcalling was excellent.

After the game some MN fans were bitching about Al's cheap shot on AP. Now, we don't get to see all the replays like you do on TV, but it certainly didn't look that way to me.

Rastak
11-11-2007, 04:50 PM

Wow...what an ass kicking in every aspect of the game! M3 really had this team ready to go today and I thought his playcalling was excellent.

After the game some MN fans were bitching about Al's cheap shot on AP. Now, we don't get to see all the replays like you do on TV, but it certainly didn't look that way to me.

Now why would anyone say that....it was a regular tackle. Were the people in question drunk as hell? Out of curiosity, were there any Justin Harrels who thought it was a wonderful moment in football?

RashanGary
11-11-2007, 04:50 PM
It wasn't a cheap shot at all. Peterson runs hard and the Packers played hard. IF he wasn't to last in this league, he might want to protect his body a little better than he has.

RashanGary
11-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Oh, shut up sore loser. I believe in physical football and I enjoy seeing a defense that hurts the other team. Get over it.

RashanGary
11-11-2007, 04:52 PM
You never hear me bitch about the Bear fans threatening to take Favre out. Know why? Because that's football. Get over it.

Rastak
11-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Oh, shut up sore loser. I believe in physical football and I enjoy seeing a defense that hurts the other team. Get over it.

I have no problem with the hit at all. Your prediction and gloat tells us all about you. You don't even get it, do you?

Packers playing physical was fine. I have no problem with the way Green Bay played. I have no problem with the hit.

Rastak
11-11-2007, 04:57 PM
You never hear me bitch about the Bear fans threatening to take Favre out. Know why? Because that's football. Get over it.

I'm over it. Read your fellow fans comments about you...I'd be proud.

Guiness
11-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Wow, didn't catch this game, and am I pissed!

Another INT for Woodson, 2 sacks for Gbaha, Robinson with 5 catches, Lee with another 4 - what's not to like!

I would've like to see the 66yd punt by Ryan. I know it ends up being a net of 46 'cause it was a touchback, but damn that must've been something :shock:

Only downside I see in this game is that J. Ryan didn't get any rushing yards. Gota get him some reps!

Lurker64
11-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with the hit. But it's wrong to be happy that a guy got hurt. I hated Michael Irvin when he was playing and I still hate him. Still, my heart went out to the guy when he broke his neck in Philadelphia and was carted off on a board. By all accounts Adrian Peterson is a pretty good human being, and I don't want to see him get any more hurt than it takes to get him to stop playing against my squad.

Lurker64
11-11-2007, 04:59 PM
I would've like to see the 66yd punt by Ryan. I know it ends up being a net of 46 'cause it was a touchback, but damn that must've been something :shock:

It hit at the 10 but there was nobody around to field it so it bounced into the end zone. So it was "only" 56 yards in the air.

RashanGary
11-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I'm glad the Packers beat up AP. It made me smile. Because of this, you're a better person than me, I get it :)

It was a fun game though and I really do enjoy big, hard hits. Always have. If he really was down with an life threatening injury I'd be scared and worried. Breaking a leg is temporary and builds character.

And if likeing to run up scores on rivals is bad sportsmanship then I'm that too. I've never criticized BB because I think it's the right thing to do. You pound the other team into the ground at every chance. If the Vikings had a problem with it, they should have made some better decisions along the way.

Rastak
11-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I'm glad the Packers beat up AP. It made me smile. Because of this, you're a better person than me, I get it :)

It was a fun game though and I really do enjoy big, hard hits. Always have. If he really was down with an life threatening injury I'd be scared and worried. Breaking a leg is temporary and builds character.

And if likeing to run up scores on rivals is bad sportsmanship than I'm that too. I've never criticized BB because I think it's the right thing to do. You pound the other team into the ground at every chance. If the Vikings had a problem with it, they should have made some better decisions along the way.

You lie JH, don't pretend.

RashanGary
11-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Rastak, I'm no more happy to see AP crippled than Bears fans are happy to see Favre crippled. They probably would love to see him hurt, but nobody wants anyone to be seriously harmed. It's called rubbing it in. Rivalries do that sort of thing. Maybe I took it too far, but I get into the game. I really wanted them to take the punch ot Peterson and when they did, I got excited.

Lurker64
11-11-2007, 05:25 PM
The play that AP got hurt on wasn't that big of a hit, he just sort of fell awkwardly after Harris tackled his legs. I expect it's not a major injury, but I haven't heard much.

FritzDontBlitz
11-11-2007, 05:26 PM

And if likeing to run up scores on rivals is bad sportsmanship then I'm that too. I've never criticized BB because I think it's the right thing to do. You pound the other team into the ground at every chance. If the Vikings had a problem with it, they should have made some better decisions along the way.

God dude, you are nothing short of embarrasing.

I played defense most of my unspectacular career, and I always loved the chance to put the "woowee" hit on an opposing player be it receiver, running back or even blocker. Every defensive player who's actually played loves a loud "kapow!" type of hit that makes the entire stadium go "whoa, who was that?" when its done. Its an awesome feeling to hear it from the crowd when it happens, but do me a favor and try observing the difference of reactions after those type of hits, when the player is slow getting up. True sportsmen and lovers of the game are always concerned about the well-being of the player because no player wants to be known as the guy who ended another player's career. Also, most players are usually sickened by any player who does gloat and celebrate an opposing player's serious injury. I think they call it "mutual respect." But hey, what the hell would I know, I'm not an expert I just played a little semipro after high school so I could always be wrong.

No offense, cuz I don't really know you, but trying to defend comments like the ones you originally made makes you look even worse than the original comments themselves.

And, yes, this is just my opinion.

Adrian Peterson is a damn good player, and so is Al Harris. Harris' tackle was not malicious, its just unfortunate AP had to be helped off the field after it happened. I agree that injuries are a part of the game, but can we at least agree on the fact that a guy like Rastak comes here daily and deserves a little more respect than this?

RashanGary
11-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I took it too far. I'll just drop it and move on. I was excited because I was hoping they would slow him down and make him scared to run, but when I rubbed it in, I just looked like an ass hole because he really was hurt.

RashanGary
11-11-2007, 05:32 PM
I said something stupid, a bunch of poeple started piling on and instead of admiting i was out of line, I kept defending myself. It's not right to wish real harm on people and that is how I came off.

Sorry Ras, it was a crappy rub in on my part and a crappy cover up defending it.

Guiness
11-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Yea, but today they unveil their secret weapon,,,,

FERGGIE!

Robert Ferguson running wild unchecked in the secondary!!!!!!

:wink:

Well, he did lead the team in receiving!!! 'course, that might've been the problem...

run pMc
11-11-2007, 05:48 PM
From what I heard on KFAN the injury to AP is a sprain. I think they said he was even doing some walking and jogging on the sideline, and wanted to go back in the game but Childress (wisely) vetoed that one.
MRI tomorrow will tell the story. My guess is he will be OK and either sits out next week or plays just a few snaps in relief of Chester Taylor.

Anybody else notice the Pack didn't turn the ball over and only had 4 penalties? Nice to see them clicking in so many ways, although the MIN run D tightened up after the 1st quarter. GB still has some work to do, especially if they want to beat Dallas and Detroit, although I'm encouraged by how far they've come since Game 1 of the M3 era.

GBRulz
11-11-2007, 05:52 PM

Now why would anyone say that....it was a regular tackle. Were the people in question drunk as hell? Out of curiosity, were there any Justin Harrels who thought it was a wonderful moment in football?

hmm, think about it, ras. They were opposing fans who were mad that their team just got their asses kicked, so they talk shit. Heck, they probably were drunk, too.

and for the record, the entire crowd applauded when AP got back to his feet.

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 06:20 PM
I think everyone thinks that AP is a good player. Nobody wants to see him get hurt.

Deputy Nutz
11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Besides being a really good player, he is a really nice person, he doesn't need to be injured, although I would like to see him traded.

Joemailman
11-11-2007, 07:50 PM
I was at the game, so I'm not up to date on what's been said here, but here are my thoughts:

With all the talk about K-Rob returning, Ruvell Martin had become a bit of an afterthought. Great to see him have his day in the sun. He's a great role player who doesn't complain about his sometimes minor role.

There was some great blocking by the WR's today. K-Rob, Jennings and Jones all had good blocks downfield.

This was a shockingly dominating performance. It reminded me in some ways of what the Patriots did to the Packers a year ago on this same field.

This is the best group of receivers Favre has ever had.

The fact that the Packers defense was somewhere in the middle of the pack statistically before today just shows how meaningless statistics can be. These guys always seem to get the stops when it matters most.

Hope A.P. is okay. Although he didn't have a big day, you could see on most plays how dangerous he is. He'll be a load if the Vikings can come up with some semblance of a running game.

Carolina_Packer
11-11-2007, 07:51 PM
I said something stupid, a bunch of poeple started piling on and instead of admiting i was out of line, I kept defending myself. It's not right to wish real harm on people and that is how I came off.

Sorry Ras, it was a crappy rub in on my part and a crappy cover up defending it.

JH, no problems. Everyone gets carried away sometimes. We all say stupid stuff sometimes, too. The people who know you from your posts here know you are a good guy, and you just went too far, which you admitted. 'Nuff said.

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 08:20 PM
I never, ever say anything stupid :lol:

digitaldean
11-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Finally got a chance to add my 2 cents worth in....

Best play of the day... Sharper and the other Queens defender slamming into one another allowing Ruvell to get the TD. LMFAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iron Mike
11-12-2007, 07:40 AM
Finally got a chance to add my 2 cents worth in....

Best play of the day... Sharper and the other Queens defender slamming into one another allowing Ruvell to get the TD. LMFAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's gotta be a picture of that online somewhere..........

Iron Mike
11-12-2007, 07:41 AM
FOUND IT!!!!!

http://blogs.venturacountystar.com/vcs/dennert/archives/toast.jpg

digitaldean
11-12-2007, 07:45 AM
http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apphoto/4cd894a5-5adf-477f-95d6-aa2255e5c434.jpg

Joemailman
11-12-2007, 07:57 AM
My brother sitting next to me at the game: " God, I hope one of those guys was Sharper."

(See Replay)

"It was Sharper! HaHaHaHaHa!

Partial
11-12-2007, 12:43 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apphoto/4cd894a5-5adf-477f-95d6-aa2255e5c434.jpg

Man! I thought you had him!

GBRulz
11-12-2007, 01:59 PM
now that would be a great photo for a caption contest !!

oregonpackfan
11-12-2007, 02:09 PM

Man! I thought you had him!

Priceless!!! :lol:

MadtownPacker
11-12-2007, 02:53 PM
How many times has dumbass sharper been "posterized"?

Tarlam!
11-13-2007, 06:34 AM
Besides being a really good player, he is a really nice person, he doesn't need to be injured, although I would like to see him traded.

Fully agree - he should be traded to Green Bay!! :twisted:

esoxx
11-25-2018, 12:19 PM
Why not use this is as the official game day thread. Hell, traditional means have been abysmal lately. Maybe unconventional thinking is the way to go. :lol:

Anti-Polar Bear
11-25-2018, 12:29 PM
Why not use this is as the official game day thread. Hell, traditional means have been abysmal lately. Maybe unconventional thinking is the way to go. :lol:

Hope Captain Kirk plays like Brookie Bollinger tonight.

Bollinger was the sole reason Wisconsin never won a National Title with the Great Dayne. Fat Barry shoulda played Sorgi.

Anyways, Power to the Packers, right on!

Fritz
11-25-2018, 12:45 PM

Good idea. Can't be much worse than it has been.

Maybe Josh Jones will channel his inner Darrwn Sharper tonight.

But not his ugly parts.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-25-2018, 12:57 PM
What a complete ass whipping laid to the Vikings today. I just hope this doesn't place Childresses job more in peril than it already should be. We need him to stick around a few more years.

Funny. You got your wish. 2009 happened.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-25-2018, 01:00 PM
Rodgers is warming up...THANK GOD!

Who?

Anti-Polar Bear
11-25-2018, 01:04 PM
I tell ya, Jackson even gets tackled by the dirt.

Laughing out loud.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-25-2018, 01:15 PM
Good job Sharper way to hang on to that one.

Run you mouth some more you cum stain!

Funny in 2007, but eerie today, eh?

Anti-Polar Bear
11-25-2018, 01:18 PM
Fucking hate night games. Bored of fuck, so cramming through this nice thread.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-25-2018, 01:23 PM
Is it A-Rod time yet?
Would be good to give him some real game experience...

I'd be shocked if AP goes back in the game. No disrespect to C.Taylor, but with AP hurt and a 27 pt lead, this game is just about over.

You have gotta be most underrated poster here at Packerrats. All you do is post serious, no nonsense Futbol stuff while the rest of us troll.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-25-2018, 02:21 PM
Fuck you prick. Just wait, what goes around comes around. You ain't a real nice person in real life are you?

Maybe Fackrell, the Brady Poppinga clone, knocks Captain Kirk out for the season tonight. Payback for the Barr cheap shot last season. :)

esoxx
11-25-2018, 06:33 PM
Ballsy move by pbmax not to go with this.

Hopefully it pays off.

esoxx
11-25-2018, 07:44 PM
Yes!!!! GBRulz approves!!!!

esoxx
11-25-2018, 10:15 PM
Why

esoxx
11-25-2018, 10:34 PM
This game day thread would have brought home the W, like it did in year's gone by.

Don't fuck with success.

Honor the past.

#karma