PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Packer fans screwed in 3rd quarter!

oregonpackfan
11-11-2007, 03:48 PM
My buddies and I were delighted to have the Packers-Vikings game broadcast here on the West Coast. We selected one of our homes to watch the game and munch on goodies.

In the third quarter, when the Packers went ahead 27-0, the network folks came on and announced, " We will now switch our football broadcast to a more competitive game." Then they proceeded to broadcast the Eagles-Skins game(two teams the Packers have already beaten this year)!

Needless to say, we were outraged!

It was another case of East Coast Media bias. We had to watch a couple of big city eastern teams--Philadelphia and Washington, D. C.

Freak Out, did this happen to you up in Alaska?

arcilite
11-11-2007, 03:55 PM
How is that east coast media bias?

The Packers were beating the crap out of the vikings.

The skins/eagles game was a close one that went down to the last posession in the 4th quarter. Perfectly understandable.

BallHawk
11-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Anybody outside of the midwest had it changed to the Eagles-Redskins game.

I can't blame the networks, the game was already decided, might as well switch to a competitive game.

Maxie the Taxi
11-11-2007, 04:00 PM
The switch was also made in NW Florida. I can understand it. I'm just grateful to Favre and Peterson. They're the only reason I can think of that the game was broadcasst nationally in the first place.

oregonpackfan
11-11-2007, 04:01 PM

The skins/eagles game was a close one that went down to the last posession in the 4th quarter. Perfectly understandable.

The listing in TV Guide said Packers-Vikings. It did not say, "We will switch to a more competitive game should one team build a more considerable lead over the other."

Rastak
11-11-2007, 04:04 PM

The listing in TV Guide said Packers-Vikings. It did not say, "We will switch to a more competitive game should one team build a more considerable lead over the other."

Nope, they never explain it but that's the deal every week.

packinpatland
11-11-2007, 04:07 PM
They switched games here on the East coast also. Thankfully, Direct TV switched also.
So.........my family only had to hear me screaming and shouting obscenities for a few minutes.

Freak Out
11-11-2007, 04:18 PM
FOX blows....at least as far as the football broadcast up here goes. Looks like they cut us out all over the west coast.

Cleft Crusty
11-11-2007, 04:27 PM
This policy is difficult for fans of the teams, but it's good for the average NFL fan who may actually want to watch an exciting game. The switch was made across the country wherever the Packer-Viking game was the scheduled game. If you really think there was 'East Coast Bias' then why wouldn't they have schedules the Eagles Redskins game from the beginning. Count your blessings that you got to see 27 of 34 total points scored and see your team without having to pay for DirecTV.

FritzDontBlitz
11-11-2007, 05:07 PM
I agree with the "east coast bias" concept. I am glad they don't do stupid shit like that in the midwest, I got to see the entire game. The only time they might do that here is if the Packers game bleeds over in the start of the Chicago game like the Philly/GB game did in week 1.

You would think they would have switched to the New Orleans/St. Louis game since the Rams are in the NFC West. Yes, the Rams were up 37-7 before the Saints scored 22 unanswered points in the 4th quarter, but you deny the west coast fans a chance at watching a possible comeback to show a "more competitive game" between two teams from the NFC East?

Come on, really.....

wpony
11-11-2007, 05:25 PM
If they advertise the game and you start whatching the game get interested in the game they should let you finish the game and I have seen miracle come backs. I disagree tottaly with fox :evil:

Cleft Crusty
11-11-2007, 06:53 PM
I agree with the "east coast bias" concept. I am glad they don't do stupid shit like that in the midwest, I got to see the entire game. The only time they might do that here is if the Packers game bleeds over in the start of the Chicago game like the Philly/GB game did in week 1.

You would think they would have switched to the New Orleans/St. Louis game since the Rams are in the NFC West. Yes, the Rams were up 37-7 before the Saints scored 22 unanswered points in the 4th quarter, but you deny the west coast fans a chance at watching a possible comeback to show a "more competitive game" between two teams from the NFC East?

Come on, really.....

Why would they have switched from a 27-0 game to a 37-7 game and to a game that involves a 0-8 team. That makes no sense, and it certainly isn't East Coast Bias. From what I can tell, the game was switched everywhere except in Packer fan heavy markets.

packinpatland
11-11-2007, 09:01 PM
The best part was when they cut out, the announcer (the fourth guy with Terry, Howie and Jimmy), said they were going to "more competitive" game.

Here on the East coast I've had to sit and watch the Pats run up scores......week after week..........they never cut to a more 'competitive' game when the 'holier-than-thous' are playing. :roll:

Carolina_Packer
11-11-2007, 09:20 PM
My buddies and I were delighted to have the Packers-Vikings game broadcast here on the West Coast. We selected one of our homes to watch the game and munch on goodies.

In the third quarter, when the Packers went ahead 27-0, the network folks came on and announced, " We will now switch our football broadcast to a more competitive game." Then they proceeded to broadcast the Eagles-Skins game(two teams the Packers have already beaten this year)!

Needless to say, we were outraged!

It was another case of East Coast Media bias. We had to watch a couple of big city eastern teams--Philadelphia and Washington, D. C.

Freak Out, did this happen to you up in Alaska?

Sorry that you missed the last bit OPF. It was a really fun game, nevertheless. I was whoopin' it up at a local bar here in NC. They must have DirecTV because our broadcast never cut out. This is a Packer bar; there would have been mutiny.

The Leaper
11-12-2007, 07:52 AM
Anybody outside of the midwest had it changed to the Eagles-Redskins game.

It was changed here in Columbus, OH...fortunately, I have Sunday Ticket.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Tyrone lives in the west. Tyrone was not happy that the game was switched.

Tyrone will be ecstatic every time the Packers are blowing out a team 27-0 and the networks decide to switch to a competitive game.

Tyrone looks at the doughnut, not the hole.

MadtownPacker
11-12-2007, 12:39 PM
This is a great example for cheapskate ass fans who bitch about spending $200 on Sunday Ticket but yet fill up their SUV with $80 every few days.

You treat yourself or you cheap yourself. Yesterday all of you who lost the game cheated yourselves.

All are welcome to come to my house in central Cali and watch Sunday Ticket anytime you want.

CaliforniaCheez
11-12-2007, 02:55 PM
I was on the phone with my Dad in WI talking and watching the game "together". I felt like throwing the phone but I understand the policy. Frankly, they could have changed the game sooner since the Vikings were doing nothing.

If you are going to miss part of a game it is the best reason.

I got over it quickly enough.

It was the 5th of 9 games on broadcast television in Northern California. The Packers are doing well so I get to see them more.

Merlin
11-12-2007, 03:21 PM
We got the end of the Eagles/Skins game. I would have preferred the end of the Lions/Cardinals game myself or hell even the Bears/Oakland game. I guess it's the ultimate compliment though when the network believes you have the game in hand. Good thing they didn't do that when the Bears went to Detroit. The whole game was played in the 4th.