PDA

View Full Version : Offensive line

PackerTimer
11-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Hey guys, I had to go into the office and get some work done today and was forced to miss my first Packer game in over three years :( I was able to listen to 90% of the game but without watching, I couldn't see how well the O-line was blocking. Can we attribute the nice day on the ground to the guys up front or was it more Ryan Grant? Specifically did Colledge move past some of his struggle for at least one week?

Cheesehead Craig
11-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Definately the OL's best game in the last 2-3 years. Grant's running was also very good.

oregonpackfan
11-11-2007, 04:03 PM
I agree it was a combination of good run blocking by the O-line and excellent running by Ryan Grant.

Just as important, the O-line did a very good job of pass protection for Favre.

run pMc
11-11-2007, 06:00 PM
I think the run blocking is definitely still a work in progress. The pass pro was OK, but I don't think it was tested much.

MIN rarely blitzed, which was odd. I'm surprised MIN didn't try to exploit the guards; it's possible they played a good game. Colledge was a turnstile last week. Sometimes they dropped a DL into coverage...I think they were counting on keeping everything in front of them and hoping Brett made a bonehead throw. The run game was very good in the 1Q, but cooled off after that.

Harlan Huckleby
11-11-2007, 07:14 PM
I think the offensive line is benefiting from balanced play calling. Or maybe it is just overall execution, especially from Favre, with a lot of misdirection. The defense doesn't know what's coming.

Cheesehead Craig
11-11-2007, 07:45 PM
I think the offensive line is benefiting from balanced play calling. Or maybe it is just overall execution, especially from Favre, with a lot of misdirection. The defense doesn't know what's coming.
True that. MM's gameplanning for this was borderline genius.