PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre (a great leader)

RashanGary
11-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Listening to Brett after the game, he's very humble and intent on getting better. He said they are not balanced adn they are very inconsistant. He said the game was great, but they still need to get a lot better.

Honestly, his attitude and relentless pursuit of perfection has to trickle down the whole team. Nobody is letting up. Every win, I fear they are going to relax and let it get to their head.

Favre and McCarthy together are leading this team to great things. This is a lot of fun to watch and if hard work and humility have anything to do iwth it, they'll only get better.

RashanGary
11-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Daryn Colledge should get credit for stepping up in the face of adversity. That interior line played their best game of the year against the best run D in the league.

They deserve a lot of credit.

RashanGary
11-11-2007, 06:22 PM
I also liked Brett saying these young guys are just like him. HE said they drop the ball here and there, but they step up and make a huge play a couple plays later. It's kind of touching to hear him talk about his team mates, but he really seems to love and respect his guys. This is really what being a fan is all about.

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 06:22 PM
They did play well but Miny's first quarter D was giving us the run.

RashanGary
11-11-2007, 06:25 PM

True and we've finially come along far enough where we can take whatever the defense is giving (even the run)

Deep ball (check)
Intermediate (check)
Short stuff (double check)
Run (check FINIALLY)

The mark of a great offense isn't doing one thing over and over. It's being able to take whatever is given and knowing when to do it. The Packers are close to arriving IMO. This team has been lucky and overrated, but they are coming into their own. This team is young. They will keep getting better. AT some point, they might be as good as their record indicates. Today they looked tha way.

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Agree about them getting better. We got all the bounces today. Good to see that Brady isn't the only one to get the lucky bounces :wink: i do wish the Boys would have lost today :x

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Boy am I glad Brett didn't listen to me and retire :shock: Thanks bRETT FOR Playing so well and for making me look like a moron :oops: probably not that difficult to do now is it :P

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 06:42 PM
I think my wife is buying me a handsigned Favre picture for Xmas for the Packer room. It is the one that is black and white and has him walking towards the end of the tunnel and looking out on the field. That pic gives me goosebumps.

Cleft Crusty
11-11-2007, 06:48 PM
I disagree. I think it was a deliberate game plan that exploited Minnesota's focus n the passing game. The preparation of the GB offense appeared much better than the MN defense. GB used lots of effective draws and trap blocks and sealed the big guys inside on stretch runs. Also, GB may have focused on blocking the big tackles and taken their chances with EJ Henderson, who had a very good game. MN wasn't giving anything up.

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Disagree, Minny was plying with only 6-8 in the box and their LB's were playing pass first. The run was there and the first quarter rush stats back up my point.

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 06:53 PM
The team only had 30-40 yards on the ground after the first quarter.

Cleft Crusty
11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Disagree, Minny was plying with only 6-8 in the box and their LB's were playing pass first. The run was there and the first quarter rush stats back up my point.

Well, was it 6 or 8? If it's 8, that's run-stopping. If it's 6, that's nickel. Let me clarify. I agree that Minnesota was game planning to stop the pass, but I don't agree that they were just 'giving up on the run.' The Packers had to scheme to get those runs and they had to do it using 'Play (pass) action Runs.' Since EJ Henderson was making tons of tackles in the run game, I think it's far-fetched to argue that he was focused on the pass to the exclusion of the run. I think if the Vikings were really focused on the pass, you would have seen more nickel packages on first down, but except for cases where the Packers put in 4-5 receives with an empty backfield, MN played pretty typical packages for down and distance. Their d-backs (safeties) played deeper, so I think a consistent 7 in the box is what the Packers saw. They just completely out-maneuvered MN with the "Pass action Runs."

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Brett stated after the game the Vikes came out in a D that they haven't seen and the run game did well against that until they switched things back. When I said 6-8, anytime you have less than 8 in the box, you should be able to run the ball. The stats clearly show that once they went away from their opening D, they were much, much tougher to run against. We can agree to disagree I guess.

Deputy Nutz
11-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Well earlier in the year the Packers couldn't run against a 6 man front that was playing the pass. So the running game has improved regardless what the defense is playing against.

I think Colledge's play was improved but he still didn't play extremely well. On one of those funny shuttle passes Colledge thought he could block Pat Williams with a little shove in the back instead of just steamrolling into him with a nasty drive block. Williams was able to recover and tackle the running back for a little to no gain. Just one thing I cared to mention.

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Good point Nutz on your first comment.

woodbuck27
11-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Listening to Brett after the game, he's very humble and intent on getting better. He said they are not balanced adn they are very inconsistant. He said the game was great, but they still need to get a lot better.

Honestly, his attitude and relentless pursuit of perfection has to trickle down the whole team. Nobody is letting up. Every win, I fear they are going to relax and let it get to their head.

Favre and McCarthy together are leading this team to great things. This is a lot of fun to watch and if hard work and humility have anything to do iwth it, they'll only get better.

Now there YOU go JH.

nice and accurate hUMBLE Post Packer fan.

Good Stuff !

Will I see a mood swing though.Hahaha.

It's so hard for people to change yet not impossible.

The great stuff for our team does come from the team of MM and Favre JH.

It comes from the team as a whole buying into MM's philosophy and sorry I just can't get that feel good feeling RE: OUR GM as yet.

Maybe ( just maybe ) TT will show me another side of him in this off season; but if that's the case then I'll be amazed.

I won't HOLD my breath.

If he doesn't get his act together then I'll still be on the hunt with some other's here to see his contract expire; and he find employment with some TRUST Company or maybe a Bank as he hasn't too much on the ball regarding being a complete GM of the Green Bay Packers.

He is too far removed fr. what we need as OUR GM. he hasn't the parts Packer fans as I see it so far.

Now he can grow and get into his learning curve really fast with the right push. Otherewise we are screwed in terms of solid improvement and a real chance to secure the real prize.

I just want us to have a chance based more on TT's contribution to our side. Not because MM and the coaching staff and Favre and some key ROLE players are working their tail's off.\ in order to compensate for a deadpan GM.

A whole lot more is expected from him as I see it. HE HAS TO WANT TO GO FOR IT THIS NEXT SEASON. THE TIME IS NOT WITH AARON RODGERS BUT WITH BRETT FAVRE AND IT'S THIS OR NEXT SEASON.

DOES TT have the GOOD STUFF to pull a Belichick?

he hasn't showed that to me since he became OUR GM.

DOES TT HAVE ANY GUTS?

I'm still looking for that from Ted Thompson, and until I see it he isn't my man for OUR longterm GM.

In other words. I will be pissed at an extention based on doing little for us in this past off season despite our great record to date.

SORRY ALL YOU TT fans but I call it as II see it. He did so little this off season to assist our team.

If we are to acknowledge MM as the main reason for our awesome record to date or 8-1? Then of course TT get's credit for his hire.

MM works his tail off but how close are MM and TT regarding activities on the field packer fans??

Then I would be willing to say well YES TT hired him. We got into the GM and HC not discussing the HC's style of doing his job earlier and posters like Harvey felt that was an area where the GM must have hands off.

If I'm mistaken then correct me Harvey.

PACKERS FOREVER !

MadtownPacker
11-12-2007, 02:48 PM
JH - I really think you should take your Favre compliments and shove them up your ass because you use to talk more shit about him then Bulldog in the not so long ago past.

Other then that I like this thread. :wink:

The Leaper
11-12-2007, 02:52 PM
The team only had 30-40 yards on the ground after the first quarter.

Huh? Grant's run for a TD alone was 30 yards. I didn't see the first quarter, but did we really do nothing else on the ground other than that play?

Bretsky
11-12-2007, 07:50 PM
JH - I really think you should take your Favre compliments and shove them up your ass because you use to talk more shit about him then Bulldog in the not so long ago past.

Other then that I like this thread. :wink:

People's views can be changed over time............ but more than Bulldog ? That might have been an exaggeration :lol:

GBRulz
11-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Neither one of them deserve a Favre autographed print. :lol:

RashanGary
11-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Favre had a really bad year. The whole attitude from Sherman on down was to toss thier arms in the air and just air it out rather than try to work with what they had. I've heard a of comments from Bob Harlan to John Shneider to players in the locker room that make me think Sherman just had a real problem with Ted Thompson and I think his anger and distaste for being demoted and replaced by a guy he didn't respect turned into a real crappy lockerroom and a give up attitude. That's how I see it now, but that could change if something more comes out. It looks like Sherman was a real bad apple that last year based on the snippits that come out of 1265. He got fired after being extended and since hsi firing things really took off.

Favre does deserve some blame, but he's clearly still a strong guy with all of hte physical skill combined with the know how to get it done if he has some talent around him. He bounced back better than I ever expected. I'm not stubborn with my opinions. Often times they change as the evidence changes. Right now I think Favre is being a fantastic leader and a great player on top of that. It helps to have Driver, Jennings, Jones, an Oline that pass protects and a great coach with a great attitude.

esoxx
11-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Right now I think Favre is being a fantastic leader and a great player on top of that.

As opposed to what he was before during his HOF career?