PDA

View Full Version : Still No Respect; We have to Prove More...

POLISHHAWK
11-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Listening to Aikman on Dallas game.... He said Green Bay is not in the same league as Dallas.

Listening to Costas & Collinsworth... they said Green Bay is not as good as Dallas.

I guess shutting out a division rival does nothing for credability. Niether does putting up 34 points and driving at will on a very good Defense.

That's Good for us.... I guess we can keep staying under the radar.

FritzDontBlitz
11-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Tell them to shut down a healthy Adrian Peterson.

They prolly werent even able to view the GB/Minnesota game anyway. They had that awesome competitive game between Philly and Washington to swoon over.

RIPackerFan
11-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Heard the same thing - I think that most analysts can't fathom that the Packers might be good. Most analysts had thrown dirt on them before the year started - so to deviate from then would take too much thinking.

I find it funny that they say we need a running game - and here we put up 100 yrds on one of the best run Ds of the league and they still have problems with us.

Still, I would rather go under the radar - keeps our team focused.

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 07:10 PM
honestly, do you think we will beat Dallas in 3 weeks?? I don't but this team has far done more than I ever thought they would

Deputy Nutz
11-11-2007, 07:13 PM
All I heard on the Fox OT program was that Dallas and Green Bay were the class of the NFC. Dallas is a really good football team, face it, their only lose was to the Pats, and they were good enough to overcome 6 turnovers by their Quarterback on the road against Buffalo.

I think the Packers are going to have a very hard time going into Dallas and winning that football game.

Guiness
11-11-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't know if they'll beat Dallas or not, but to continue to say we're not a good team is asinine. 8-1 is no fluke, we're good, and the analysts seem to have trouble coming to terms with just how wrong they were before the season.

We put 100yd on the ground against a top run D - so you can no longer say the yards against Denver were a fluke. And everyone's knock against us was that we couldn't run.

RIPackerFan
11-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Personally, I like our D better than Dallas' - the offense is slightly better than ours - our special teams better than theirs.

I think we are evenly matched.

Carolina_Packer
11-11-2007, 07:36 PM
I hope the national media and anyone else who has an opinion continues to disrespect us. We're 8-1 now; their lack of love seems to be helping. I don't think this team will get over-confident. I don't think the coaching staff and veteran leadership will allow that. It's much easier when there are low expectations rather than a target on one's back.

Cheesehead Craig
11-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Aikman... saying Dallas is a great team? Say it ain't so. :roll:

gbgary
11-11-2007, 07:41 PM
well........perception is reality so until we DO something to prove different dallas will be thought of as the better team. it's gonna come down to the Green Bay/dallas game and only a win by the Packers will change anyone's minds. i like the underdog roll here. staying under the radar and building confidence from within will help this young team. the pressure is on dallas.

oregonpackfan
11-11-2007, 07:52 PM
I find it interesting how all these experts still continue to praise such Conference contenders as the New York Giants, Chargers, Chiefs, Redskins, and the Eagles. Those happen to be also teams the Packers have beaten this
year.

Enough said.

gbgary
11-11-2007, 07:55 PM
I find it interesting how all these experts still continue to praise such Conference contenders as the New York Giants, Chargers, Chiefs, Redskins, and the Eagles. Those happen to be also teams the Packers have beaten this
year.

Enough said.

it's because coming into the season these teams were supposed to be good. other than the giants it didn't happen. the Packers on the other hand weren't supposed to be good so they're thought of as a fluke.

RIPackerFan
11-11-2007, 07:55 PM
So the Chargers are beating the Colts - 16-0. Since we killed the Vikes, who beat the Chargers and if the Chargers beat the Colts - do we leap frog ahead of the Colts in Power Rankings?

Somehow, I think regardless of the outcome of the game, we still don't get the respect and go ahead of the Colts.

DannoMac21
11-11-2007, 08:02 PM
So the Chargers are beating the Colts - 16-0. Since we killed the Vikes, who beat the Chargers and if the Chargers beat the Colts - do we leap frog ahead of the Colts in Power Rankings?

Somehow, I think regardless of the outcome of the game, we still don't get the respect and go ahead of the Colts.

Can't you just simplify that down by saying we beat the Chargers....

hurleyfan
11-11-2007, 08:08 PM
The Packers need to beat the Panthers next week (I'll be at the game!) and beat the Lions on T'giving day to meet the "Boys at 10 & 1 to get some respect.

Cowboy stadium has not been friendly to the Pack over the years, but if they are able to rise up and beat America's SECOND favorite team, they will finally garner some much deserved respect.

BEARMAN
11-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Face it, the NFCN is weak, the NFC is weak, there is NO way any NFC team wins the SB ! Your pack is a fluke, winning on a washedup qb's arm and just dumb luck. Look, you are gonna get treated like second class citizens, cos you are ! :twisted:

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 08:19 PM
America's second team, I like that 8-)

hurleyfan
11-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Face it, the NFCN is weak, the NFC is weak, there is NO way any NFC team wins the SB ! Your pack is a fluke, winning on a washedup qb's arm and just dumb luck. Look, you are gonna get treated like second class citizens, cos you are ! :twisted:

"YAWN"

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 08:28 PM
tHE nfc nORTH MAY BE WEAK BUT WE ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE afc wEST and as of now, we are the best in the nfc east or at least as good. We have beaten the Giants, Skins and Eagles in the East and in the west, we have defeated them all except for the Raiders cause we haven't played them yet.

gbgary
11-11-2007, 08:28 PM

the Packers may second class and that's fine...for now. if they're second class than that make the bears third world. :D

does anyone know the win/loss record for nfc teams vs. afc teams?

oregonpackfan
11-11-2007, 08:29 PM

Years ago, before you were a tiny little cub, many people were telling that sentiment to Joe Namath and the New York Jets before they entered the Super Bowl against the Baltimore Colts...

The Leaper
11-11-2007, 08:34 PM
honestly, do you think we will beat Dallas in 3 weeks?

Favre can tear apart their weak secondary just as much as Tom Brady did, and Green Bay can get pressure on Romo without having to bring an 8 man rush.

Green Bay is just as good as Dallas IMO. Their defense is better, and as long as Favre is in charge of the offense, they are just as good on offense.

The Leaper
11-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Face it, the NFCN is weak, the NFC is weak, there is NO way any NFC team wins the SB!

Strange...you hummed a different tune last year.

Bretsky
11-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Face it, the NFCN is weak, the NFC is weak, there is NO way any NFC team wins the SB!

Strange...you hummed a different tune last year.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

OKC PackerFan
11-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Personally, I like our D better than Dallas' - the offense is slightly better than ours - our special teams better than theirs.

I think we are evenly matched.

I agree about our D, our passing game is better. Favre has a better group of WR's to throw to. Dallas's running game is much better, for now. Hopefully our running game gets more consistent.

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 08:54 PM
The biggest differnce imo is their Oline. They are huge and very talented.

OKC PackerFan
11-11-2007, 09:04 PM
The biggest differnce imo is their Oline. They are huge and very talented.

Agree, the battle in this game will be in the trenches, our D-line matched up against their O-line.

Brando19
11-11-2007, 09:04 PM

Man...your Bears certainly showed them Raiders who's boss! :roll:

Face it...the Bears suck...they're right where they should be...above Minnesota, but below the Packers. Suck it!

BEARMAN
11-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Who beat your pack this year, last year and for the last several years ? dA bears ! DON' FORGET, YOU GET BEAT ONE MORE TIME THIS SEASON BY Da BEARS ! :twisted:

gbgary
11-11-2007, 09:25 PM
like i said before...if we (the Pack and their fans) are second class then the bears, and their fans, are third world. :D

Tony Oday
11-11-2007, 09:33 PM
There isnt a team that we cant beat in the NFL period. The Pats are all throwing and I will take Harris and Woodson against Welker and Moss. Whatever I think we can play with these teams. I WOULD say however lets take care of the NFC before we do start talking about the NFL :)

I think the next three weeks tells us where we are at.

Next a PERFECT opp for a let down game

Detroit in Detroit

Dallas in Dallas AGAIN for the 300th time in a row.

We go 3-0 then we rock the casbah :)

Lurker64
11-11-2007, 09:43 PM
It really doesn't matter whether or not the media respects us. The team on the other side of the field does. The Packers have stood toe to toe with everybody they played this year and have come out on top 88.8% of the time. This team is loose, talented, knows they're good, and knows they can get better if they work at it. What more does anybody want?

digitaldean
11-11-2007, 09:54 PM

Spoken from the true offensive juggernaut that beat the Raiders.... :roll: Your team is living up to the Super Bowl runnerup jinx. Keep yapping...

If NE gets the AFC title, no one including Dallas would stand a good chance against them.

digitaldean
11-11-2007, 10:08 PM
The only way we will get the respect is do what we've been doing all season, defeating our opponents.

Aikman will still deep down be a homie. I am perturbed about the media geeks calling this season a fluke. Did we get a couple fortunate breaks, yeah. But if you're good, you make your own breaks too.

We've got a 2 game lead in the division. If we can beat Carolina and knock off Detroit we'd be 3 maybe 4 up with 5 to play.

Home field could be dicey. I don't know if we can win in Dallas. That place is a house of horrors, history-wise. But this team has risen to the challenge in all but 1 game, so nothing should come as a shock anymore.

That all being said, the Pack (and us fans) all should keep focused on this week's opponent, beat them and move on.

woodbuck27
11-11-2007, 10:46 PM
All I heard on the Fox OT program was that Dallas and Green Bay were the class of the NFC. Dallas is a really good football team, face it, their only lose was to the Pats, and they were good enough to overcome 6 turnovers by their Quarterback on the road against Buffalo.

I think the Packers are going to have a very hard time going into Dallas and winning that football game.

We have Favre and they DON't. :D

woodbuck27
11-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Who beat your pack this year, last year and for the last several years ? dA bears ! DON' FORGET, YOU GET BEAT ONE MORE TIME THIS SEASON BY Da BEARS ! :twisted:

Hahaha. :)

wpony
11-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Hey bearman go back and hibernate or did someone piss on your wheaties your Bears just destroyed the Oakland a league leading team ? no wait a minute there not leading? well you destroyed coasteed to a easy victory? what no they were head of you till the4th quaretralmost till the end untill that long tuch down bomb that I was hearing about was all the holding during the play for the bears but no flags no penalty tey say then the go d play where raiders fumbled almost on top of thebears goal line giving the bears a easy touch down. but that was skil you beatthe leauge leading raiders oh darn thats right they arent, I am so sorry oh well you beat the there is only 4 teams worse than you in the league but I am glad you win please win more so you get a high draft choice :) Hope I made your night have a great night Bearnan :twisted:

cpk1994
11-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Aikman... saying Dallas is a great team? Say it ain't so. :roll:Aikman is a homer, Collinsworth is an idiot. They have no credibilty so any diss from them means nothing. Costas hasn't been relevant since 1986.

Joemailman
11-11-2007, 11:34 PM
I thunk wee shoud have a speling contist betwean wpuny and beerman. :wink:

OKC PackerFan
11-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Green Bay has been playing lights out on the road, so I'm not concerned with them playing @ Detroit or @ Dallas anymore. Have you guys forgotten the wins @ Denver and Kansas? That said, they just need to take care of business one game at a time. Bring on the Panthers. 8-)

wpony
11-11-2007, 11:55 PM
LOL hey Joe you are probably right bu this time of the night I have taken all my pills for my disability and between my muscle relaxers and my pain pills LOL I am lucky to be awake even hehehehe

cpk1994
11-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Who beat your pack this year, last year and for the last several years ? dA bears ! DON' FORGET, YOU GET BEAT ONE MORE TIME THIS SEASON BY Da BEARS ! :twisted:Last year, I seem to recall a game atr Soldier Filed where your boy Wrex had a ZERO pass rating. BTW, your worst nightmare is back at QB. WREX HAS RETURNED! LONG LIVE WREX.

Badgepack
11-12-2007, 11:21 AM
well........perception is reality so until we DO something to prove different dallas will be thought of as the better team. it's gonna come down to the Green Bay/dallas game and only a win by the Packers will change anyone's minds. i like the underdog roll here. staying under the radar and building confidence from within will help this young team. the pressure is on dallas.

With the Packers being the youngest team in the NFL, with no running game except for this week, and with way too many penalties thus far, the Packers have the best chance of improving in the 2nd half of the season.

Homer Jay
11-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Is it just a coincidence that the first 4 letters in analyst is ANAL? I think not.

Tarlam!
11-12-2007, 12:08 PM
BEARMAN, your posts on this thread are truly beneath you. You have shown more class than this.

Aikman is proving to be more and more of an idiot every time the Packers take the field. That's not even sad. He gets paid to comment, so he does.

I have no idea what the Pack will do from here on end. Will they go 0-7? Maybe. They are more capable of going 6-1, losing to Detroit in game 16 because we are starting 14-1 by then.

It could go anywhere. I was a doubter going into Sunday. I never ever thought "shutout". But, THEY ACCOMPLISHED A SHUT THE FUCK UP OUT! And still, the pundits debate our quality and the seriousness of our team.

What Digital Dean said, page 2 of this thread.

The Leaper
11-12-2007, 12:31 PM
I just love it when the jackasses on ESPN point to how many points Dallas scored on the Giants this year...but neglect to point out how many points they gave up. Giving up 28 a game ain't getting it done.

NE showed just how vulnerable the Dallas secondary is. Favre can torch them if the OL gives him time.