PDA

View Full Version : Change in the running game?

Bossman641
11-11-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm no expert on OL play, but it seems as though the Packers have been switching up their running game a bit. For the first 5-6 games it looked like we were running the same inside run every time. Now we see tosses, we see guards and centers pulling like on the TD run (BTW Lee did a fantastic job of sealing and Hall had a great cut block).

To my untrained eye, it looks like they have not only mixed in some power run game with the ZBS but have tweaked the zone scheme a bit as well. Whatever it is I'm not complaining.

Maybe one of the OL experts can comment? Thoughts?

pbmax
11-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Yep, a couple of people have mentioned this. We are no longer trying to run just the four basic stretch runs. They began with some Power O guard pulling stuff and have been adding the toss sweep in for good measure. In a game prior to Denver, I swear I saw a trap. Either that or it was a flashback to 1978 Steelers football.

I was listening to the radio, but it seemed when they went full house backfield (Falcon were they calling it?) they seemed to go toss sweep alot.

Tony Oday
11-11-2007, 11:04 PM
I like the wishbone we run :)

OS PA
11-11-2007, 11:14 PM
I would really like to see more of the two fullbacks on either side and one running back deep formation. It causes the defense to play honest to both sides and allows for a good cutback lane, which Grant is damn good at exploiting.