PDA

View Full Version : OT: Vote Yes to Proposition OT

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 10:09 AM
I started a thread in the Romper Room and Mad put a poll out but it only got hit a few times so I wanted to get the attention of the whole forum community.

I miss OT threads. I feel like they bring a unique freedom and energy to the board that cannot be found on most sensored online sites. It is a way for Packer fans who have become Packer friends to discuss the other issues that they care about with the people of which they have developed a rapport.

I don't think the Romper Room does that. I think the Romper Room discourages open topics by putting them out of sight. It is hit often by some. However, it is not seen by all. Some are going to argue that they don't want to see that crap and that this place should be football only. I loved it when we could respond by saying "don't read it then". I loved how even the most unique and unconventional posters could get an off the wall topic started that made you want to come back.

If the forum creators sit down and decide they want a forum just like Packer Chatters and every other football forum, that is fine. Push it to the AP or Romper Room as it's called. We all know what's going to happen. It will get hit 5 times in 3 weeks and it will die out.

This forum was created. It is a great place and I don't care what happens in regard to this issue, I'm still going to be here most often. With this forum's creation, came the control and power to sensor whatever content the private ownership chooses to be inappropriate. With that power you can either live and let live or you can moderate and control the content of the board. I love the open, free flowing nature of a forum left to the people. I think a part of every forum dies when discussion is limited and sensored. You can say "Go to the Romper Room then" Well, the Romper Room doesn't reach everyone.

It's a matter of basic concept. You can make strict guidelines for what is allowed. Example "Only Packer Talk". I think the forum is best served by saying "You cannot personally attack people or sabatoge the forum" Everythign else is just the natural flow of the forum.

I know this is privately run and is not a free place to speak. I ask that you, as moderators and owners, allow freedom not because you have to, but because you don't want to control the content posted by the people for the goodness of the board. I'm not asking for kaos. I am asking for freedom. You surely don't have to take my consideration but I really believe this forum would be a better place if everyone had a voice. Packer fans care about race, gayness and other issues. Mobb, H.H. and Tank were some of the most responded to and unique voices on JS. I miss those conversations. I don't think they hurt the board. Sure, now they are in the romper room but they might as well be in the graveyard. Please vote "Yes" to main page freedom.

GBRulz
05-11-2006, 10:34 AM
I disagree with this one. The line needs to be drawn somewhere. You can't have one or two OT threads in the Packer forum, but keep the others in the RR. That makes a big judgement call for Mad and I think he has more important things to do than that.

I don't understand why the 2 mouse clicks to get to the Romper Room is such a big deal. In fact, i've seen more and more people contributing to the OT conversations in the RR than ever before. No, the RR isn't going to get the traffic that the Packer page does because this is a PACKER site! It's nice when I only have a few minutes to catch up on Packer news, not to have to filter though a bunch of OT posts. When I have more time, I always contribute to the RR.

I agree that Packer Chatters has TOO many different forums. This site is not even comparable to that. If you want a site where everything is on the main page, then stick with JSO.

Deputy Nutz
05-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Instead of pimping off topic conversation on the Packer Forum, which really isn't the main page, just the Packer Forum, why not tell people about the Romper Room? Why not tell people to get over to the romper room to discuss shit?

Murphy37
05-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Sorry brotha, but It's real easy to walk on over to the other side of Packer Rats and enjoy the romper room, and other threads. Start whatever threads you want. For some reason you seem to consider that area a whole different site alltogether when in fact, it's just a seperate category of topics. We happen to be in the GBP area now, but perhaps we can meet up in the homo erotic singles lounge thread in the Romper room later for drinks. :lol:

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 10:47 AM
It took 5 minutes to get teh # of votes taht it took me 15 hours to get in the romper room....

Whatever the case, I think Mobb, H.H. and Tank made the main page fun. I think it's human nature to want to control and surpress people so your stance is not surprising at all. I kind of expected it acctually.

Murphy37
05-11-2006, 10:49 AM
SO does that mean we are having drinks or not?

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 10:51 AM
F-U.....

MadtownPacker
05-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Why make another thread NC? First, your still losing on this one too, second you are doing what you claim you want to avoid.

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Mad...

I know you can get rid of this and shut me up. It's your forum, you have that right. I think this is in the spirit of the board that we all came to love.

Murphy37
05-11-2006, 10:55 AM
What are you so pissed about? I just expressed my opinion. You can't handle that? Who are you J-Walk? Calm down, take some deep breaths, and remeber this is just a forum, and I'm just some moron typing my opinions on a 1979 Atari PC. If you are truly getting upset over this, than you better have my wife take you over to the feminine hygeine isle of Wahlgreens to get you some feminine itch cream. Good Day Sir.

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 10:56 AM
I was kidding Murph.....YOu have that dry humor. I thought you'd appreciate it.

Murphy37
05-11-2006, 10:58 AM
I do brotha, no harm done.

MadtownPacker
05-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Mad...

I know you can get rid of this and shut me up. It's your forum, you have that right. I think this is in the spirit of the board that we all came to love.
I never get rid of any threads but I am going to move this like the others.

The "spirit" of this board has worked fine so far with the RR for OT.

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Disappointing.

MadtownPacker
05-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Disappointing.
Yup, 3-10 sure is. Your original one was doing better in your favor.

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 11:17 AM
You can protect the users without supressing people Mad. It's not one or the other. I understand you guys set out to do that with the Romper room but it's not working. It's something most posters avoid. The # of respnonses I got and the # of votes I got shows how much more used the main page is.

You're basically quieting the forum voices that you choose not to hear. I think it is a bad precident. I think you're ultimately hurting your forum. If I want a place where I can get all Packer all the time I will go to Packer chatters. I was just there and they have more users who talk about the same shit and get heavily moderated like the main page here. If your dead set on being just like them and competing directly with them you will lose. YOu have a chacne to be different. You have a chance to have something special. If you can overcome that urge to control the content of the board you can make this board the best packer board out there. I think you're ruining that chance. It's too bad really. I know you can see it if you open your mind for just a minute.

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 11:19 AM
I believe in what I believe. Untill JS got hit by that one idiot, it was better than this place by far. Why? because people could speak.

Yeah this shit bothers me. I loved that other forum. I lvoed the lack of moderation. I loved how eveyrone had an equal voice.

Welcome to Packerchatters wanna be. That is what this is.

Deputy Nutz
05-11-2006, 11:30 AM
If off topic was truly that important, then the Romper Room would be pretty damn successful.

Sorry Nick, if you don't like this product go back to where ever you came from. We all do our best here and letting off topic threads on the Packer forum, not the main page like you call it is not in the cards right now. I hope you stay because your contribution to Packer talk is pretty decent, But I won't sit here and keep defending the actions of PackerRats.

SkinBasket
05-11-2006, 11:34 AM
You can protect the users without supressing people Mad. It's not one or the other. I understand you guys set out to do that with the Romper room but it's not working. It's something most posters avoid.

Which indicates that most people don't want to read the OT threads, which in turn means no one gives a shit if they aren't on the Packer page. Your ship is sinking fast enough without you shooting holes in the bottom yourself.

The Packer threads, from thread to thread, deviate into enough OT areas to keep them interesting, humorous, and "freedom fry inspiring" without the assistance of other OT threads.

Scott Campbell
05-11-2006, 11:38 AM

That's a bullshit low blow.

You've had your say, and it's been put to a vote twice now. Now take your beating like a man.

Little Whiskey
05-11-2006, 11:56 AM
you talk like the romper room is a closed area, and off limits to some. well it is not. like i said in the other thread. if you want to talk football, you go to the packer page, if you want to talk about life you go to the romper room. no one is being censored. I don't think anyone has deleted threads or posts based on content. being moved is not being censored, it is being put in it's proper place. tank posts frequently in the romper room, as does Harlan. i wish others would become more familiar and post regularly, but maybe they don't have an opinion on a topic. just like when i check the packer page, if i don't have an opinion, i don't post, but i check read some and move on. same thing. the divisions that are set are good and make sense. its is not censorship or lack of freedom, but order. and order benifits all.

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Which indicates that most people don't want to read the OT threads, which in turn means no one gives a shit if they aren't on the Packer page. Your ship is sinking fast enough without you shooting holes in the bottom yourself.

If nobody wanted to read it, it would just disappear. That would eliminate any need for moderation of OT threads. Based on your premise they would delete themselves

The Packer threads, from thread to thread, deviate into enough OT areas to keep them interesting, humorous, and "freedom fry inspiring" without the assistance of other OT threads.

The reason I even started doing this was because Nutz came out and told a couple of us to move our shit to the romper room while deviating from the original topic in one of the football threads. Maybe his one ignorant remark wasn't supported by the ownership of the forum but he is one of the writers and main stays so it sure felt that way. Maybe this whole thing is misplaced and we really do have the ability to expand on football issues to the point where they don't really resemble football topics anymore but it sure wasn't written that way on No Mo's ESPN thread. Go check it out.

Skin, if things really are as you say, I'm happy. The problem is, they are not. Nutz thinks he can tell me and other what is ok to say and that fucking pisses me off.

Rastak
05-11-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm not sure why the romper room forum is such a bad place for OT posts. It's alot easier to find or ignore OT posts if there are in one place.

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 12:20 PM
The Romper room has turned in to the AP/N&B. It's not hit by anyone else. Nobody cares.

You will say well then OT's won't last on the main page either but the point is that they do...Race, politics and gay threads where great because they allowed us to talk with our regular forum friend about those topics. Ever since management has taken a hard line approach to move it to the RR the discussion has died. Many of the people that would have seen it, no longer look. It sounds simple to just move it to the RR but it just hasn't worked IMO.

IMO it is not a general hard set approach to shut people out but a mis-calculation gone wrong. I know almost matter of factly that the creators wanted a site that allowed for people to be people and the RR was proof of that but I think due to volume problems and some intangable issues that are hard to put a finger on, it has not worked accordign to plan. YOu can sit and stay firm and say.."The romper room will catch on. Everyone that posted on OT Topics before will come and see it" or you can see that it is not the case. I gaurentee if tank started a good homo thread on main page it would get gobbled up. If he starts it here it will die because the APer and N&Bers don't care and they are the only ones who will see it.

RR is workign great for Ap and NB but its not workign so great for the others. The OT stuff never dominated the football stuff even when JS did nothing..It just doesn't hurt anything. I think it made JS the place to be before that dick head went off.

Little Whiskey
05-11-2006, 12:41 PM
nick, it is not the managment that decides but your fellow posters have also decided. look at the poll stats. the people have voiced their opinion.

Rastak
05-11-2006, 12:46 PM
The Romper room has turned in to the AP/N&B. It's not hit by anyone else. Nobody cares.

You will say well then OT's won't last on the main page either but the point is that they do...Race, politics and gay threads where great because they allowed us to talk with our regular forum friend about those topics. Ever since management has taken a hard line approach to move it to the RR the discussion has died. Many of the people that would have seen it, no longer look. It sounds simple to just move it to the RR but it just hasn't worked IMO.

IMO it is not a general hard set approach to shut people out but a mis-calculation gone wrong. I know almost matter of factly that the creators wanted a site that allowed for people to be people and the RR was proof of that but I think due to volume problems and some intangable issues that are hard to put a finger on, it has not worked accordign to plan. YOu can sit and stay firm and say.."The romper room will catch on. Everyone that posted on OT Topics before will come and see it" or you can see that it is not the case. I gaurentee if tank started a good homo thread on main page it would get gobbled up. If he starts it here it will die because the APer and N&Bers don't care and they are the only ones who will see it.

RR is workign great for Ap and NB but its not workign so great for the others. The OT stuff never dominated the football stuff even when JS did nothing..It just doesn't hurt anything. I think it made JS the place to be before that dick head went off.

That kinds of leads a guy to the conclussion that most don't want to read OT posts if the don't go to the OT area.

SkinBasket
05-11-2006, 12:56 PM
That kinds of leads a guy to the conclussion that most don't want to read OT posts if the don't go to the OT area.

He doesn't seem to be getting this point. :roll:

Deputy Nutz
05-11-2006, 01:04 PM
This is getting humorous!!! Nick keeps proving our point! Off topic threads die if they go to the Romper Room, well no shit buddy because nobody cares!!! For Instance, FYI on JSO had the same 10 posters going at it till the point they were just posting articles and sources for their opinions. Mad didn't censor shit, he has just seperated the bullshit from the regular shit.

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 01:26 PM
I understand the thought but I think it takes away from the power of the poster.

If someone like Tank or Mobb wnated to start a race thread and have everyone see thier view they could. Now the power of the minority has been taken away. Mobb could not come here and put his topic out there for eveyrone to view. He would be seen only by those who want to see it and quite frankly, I think he wanted those who didn't want to see it to have to look at it. He had a point to make and he used that as an avenue to express it. You might not like his view but it was cool that the forum allowed it to be read. It was cool that he could reach his intended audience. What does that do for you? Nothing most likely but I really believe in the principle.

The masses can now just go to the Packer forum if all they want is Packer talk and not see it. I understand how that is helpfull for those who don't want to read anything else. What about the minority who want to express themselves to everyone?

I'm not asking for OT stuff because most people want it. I'm trying to show how it hurts a group of posters. I'm looking for approval not because you yourself want the OT stuff but because you believe in the general principle of free speech and what it brings. I'm arguing that even though most want to read all Packer all the time that allowoing a free main page acctually allows for that but also allows for the minority to do some things they might not beable to do otherwise.

A vote of yes is not for yourself, but for a few others who want to be heard. I really believe in that and I wish it was possible.

Rastak
05-11-2006, 01:39 PM
I understand the thought but I think it takes away from the power of the poster.

If someone like Tank or Mobb wnated to start a race thread and have everyone see thier view they could. Now the power of the minority has been taken away. Mobb could not come here and put his topic out there for eveyrone to view. He would be seen only by those who want to see it and quite frankly, I think he wanted those who didn't want to see it to have to look at it. He had a point to make and he used that as an avenue to express it. You might not like his view but it was cool that the forum allowed it to be read. It was cool that he could reach his intended audience. What does that do for you? Nothing most likely but I really believe in the principle.

The masses can now just go to the Packer forum if all they want is Packer talk and not see it. I understand how that is helpfull for those who don't want to read anything else. What about the minority who want to express themselves to everyone?

I'm not asking for OT stuff because most people want it. I'm trying to show how it hurts a group of posters. I'm looking for approval not because you yourself want the OT stuff but because you believe in the general principle of free speech and what it brings. I'm arguing that even though most want to read all Packer all the time that allowoing a free main page acctually allows for that but also allows for the minority to do some things they might not beable to do otherwise.

A vote of yes is not for yourself, but for a few others who want to be heard. I really believe in that and I wish it was possible.

So if I understand you correctly you are arguing that people should be forced to at least see OT subjects? If MOBB wanted to start a race discussion he could post it in the OT area and EVERYONE who wants to read OT will see it. Why force people who don't want to see it to see it?

No one's free speech is even remotely being violated. All minorities and majorities can read and post whatever they want in the OT area.

I really am missing the point I think.

Homer Jay
05-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Democracy speaks Nick. I am the 10th person to post a response to this poll and the tally is now 9 against and 1 for. At this point the tally including those who voted but didn't post is 5 for and 19 against. The people have spoken.

Tex used the same reasoning on JSO and CE, "Not enough people get to read my thoughts on the political Forum, so I must be able to post OT, so my word can get across to the masses."

Some of us come on here for escape from the real world. If I wanted to discuss politics, I'd go to a different forum. Here we have the best of both worlds. Two clicks and we can move from football discussion to whatever we want to discuss. PR has only been around for about 3 months, Romper Room will continue to grow as more new people join and become aware of its existence. My guess is right now it doesn't get as much traffic because most people prefer to talk football.

I've mentioned before that I still go to JSO because I enjoy talking Brewers, Bucks and Badgers. Using your thinking I should be able to post OT about those teams because I want more to read my posts. Again, the people have spoken.

jack's smirking revenge
05-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Let me chime in, because I feel like I post OT stuff most of the time here anyway. I like NFL and Packer talk, but there's really not much to chat about these days. Come preseason and regular season, sure. But right now? Not so much.

In the Romper Room, I started threads about CDs, song lyrics, movies, etc. I don't want Packer fans having to deal with that crap if they don't want to. I'm happy there's a forum JUST for those people that want to diverge from typical Packer chat and toss around non-football thoughts with PR posters.

I like this structure and think it works far better than JSO. Even Packerchatters has their forums strictly deliniated.

This is a Packer site first and foremost. It will attract Packer fans that want to chat about Packer topics first and foremost. If a fan wants to chat about something else, then can exit the Packer Room and go into the Romper Room. That's reasonable to me. I do it all the time and enjoy having a place away from the Packer fray to chat.

tyler

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 02:08 PM
I understand the vote...It makes sense...

I like the structure of free speaking. A guy can call a guy out and it can not be moved. I udnerstand how most people don't want that and the vote has spoken.

I really loved how on JS you could let the regulars have it. AP would sit in there little home and stew about how the threads didn's suit thier liking. I loved that. I loved that equal footing. I loved how a person could make a point without being moderated. I'm a little bit of a fan of kaos. What can I say, I don't like authority.

I understand the intetions of this place. Like usual, I am in the minority. I've never been much of a social guy. Main stream isn't in my dictionary. It sucks swimming up stream all the time but my mind doesn't allow me otherwise.

I'll probably still post from time to time. Maybe I'll never find a place like JS *before the hacker* but damn it I'm gonna try. Nothing against anyone. I loved the regs. Talk about good moral people. AP had great intentions and so do most people. I just think sometimes people overlook things and social sitiations tend to turn to power struggles. It is just part of the way things work. Once this group got the power of a private forum it's just starting to not suite my liking....

Will I find better? I don't know. I kind of liked having socialites around like Michele and Bretsky because I kind of liked to antagonize :). Well, That has been taken. My ability to fuck around is gone. I have been clipped. Sure, I'm a bit of a pain in the ass but I never hurt people. Ah well...I feel defeted.

Well...here's to trying to move on...I can't say its gonna work because as much as I like to throw a wrench in the system, I can't do it without a system to throw it in. I know I'm not the only guy who enjoyed the kaos, but I know we're pretty frustrating and it probably feels great to have this chacne to shut us up....

Me, Mobb, H.H. *whether he knows it or not* and a bunch of others are just going to have to do something else with our spare time. The only place I'm willing to spend this type of time on is a Packer forum. There arn't too many who fit the *free and hackerless* category so my days as an internet junkie look numbered.......

It is a sad day...I'll probably come back fighting becasue damn it I'm persistant.

jack's smirking revenge
05-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Well, at least you're persistent.... :D

tyler

GBRulz
05-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Nick, I hope you stick around here. yes, I truly mean that. Otherwise, besides bulldog, I don't have anyone to give a hard time to :wink:

If anything, perhaps what you've done here is draw more attention to the Romper Room and more people will look at it.

Off the subject, I get home just now and find a damn tree down in my yard. We are having like a mini hurricane here in GB today.

Little Whiskey
05-11-2006, 02:43 PM
nobody is taking anything away from you. you've got this victim mentality. the masses have spoken. why not let their vote count. i don't get it. everyone has a voice, everyone can speak freely, but everything must be orderly because that is how people like it and your two polls have shown that.

MJZiggy
05-11-2006, 02:51 PM
I still don't understand who's trying to shut you up? Who is this mystical force of which you speak? The Romper Room has its place. Frankly, I usually check the RR in the morning before I get into the Packer forum. I have met first-time posters in the RR who I can only assume posted there to see what kind of reception they'd get before jumping into the deeper waters. I often go into the RR and find people in there reading that you wouldn't normally predict would be there. And, quite frankly, it's just not that hard to get to. Besides, if you post something OT in the Packer forum, it still gets seen, and once it's seen, it gets moved. People still know where to find it and if they have anything to say, it's a whole lot easier to look on page one or two of the RR than to dig to page 12 of the Packer forum. That's what I hated about JSO. If there was an OT topic that I wanted to follow, I'd have to dig and dig to find it. Here, it's just not as hard.

Little Whiskey
05-11-2006, 02:55 PM
it's a whole lot easier to look on page one or two of the RR than to dig to page 12 of the Packer forum. That's what I hated about JSO. If there was an OT topic that I wanted to follow, I'd have to dig and dig to find it. Here, it's just not as hard.

amen sister!!

Deputy Nutz
05-11-2006, 02:57 PM
This a great off topic thread! See how many hits it is getting? The Romper Room Does Work!!!

packrulz
05-11-2006, 03:05 PM
To me it's more a matter of being organized. The Packer's section, is front page because this a Packer forum and it does get pretty congested with Packer threads during the season. I read this OT stuff too though so it's more organized this way and it's easier to find threads. I think it ought to be called "The Rats Nest" or something other than "Romper Room" though.

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 03:13 PM
I guess I just like when a guy can stick a dirty diaper under everyones noses....Mobb used to put race thread right where everyone had to see it. It was a political stance and I kind of enjoyed it.

I understand everyones will to make this place organized and proper. Also, I understand the attempt to please the majority. Most don't wnat to read about race issues and so on but I liked how a guy could force feed it. It really gave power to the minority thinker. It's kind of an attmpt at Plutonic Packer talk but I just think when you start to search for perfection, you are can't help but rob some of the natural flow of a social atmoshphere. I'm a purist in that way I guess. I like the bad with the good. Hell, I don't even know what good or bad is so I just like it all.

It's all good though...Everyone means well and I'm capable of seeing that.

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Yeah..It's ok..I'm just going to have to throw it on the main page to get attention :twisted: :wink:

Little Whiskey
05-11-2006, 03:20 PM
[quote="NickCollins"]I guess I just like when a guy can stick a dirty diaper under everyones noses....Mobb used to put race thread right where everyone had to see it. It was a political stance and I kind of enjoyed it.

[quote]

hell, i've got a race thread going in the romper room. why don't you stop by and post somthing!!

MJZiggy
05-11-2006, 03:30 PM
hell, i've got a race thread going in the romper room. why don't you stop by and post somthing!!

Hilarious!! :lol: :lol:

Badgepack
05-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Course I'm new here, but with the Packer news slow this week, as Jacks Revenge said, I find myself checking the RR 1st. Plus I am getting great ideas for books, movies, tunes, ect.... Easy to find topics, I say leave it the way it is set up.

SkinBasket
05-11-2006, 04:39 PM
http://www.rankmyride.com/images/objects/icons/7.gif

SkinBasket
05-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Like usual, I am in the minority. I've never been much of a social guy. Main stream isn't in my dictionary. It sucks swimming up stream all the time but my mind doesn't allow me otherwise.

http://www.aboutgaymovies.info/images/billy_elliot_800x600.jpg
DANCE BILLY! DANCE!

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Bend over, I'll show you what I mean.....

SkinBasket
05-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Bend over, I'll show you what I mean.....

So put your hands down my pants and I'll bet you'll feel nuts
Yes I'm Siskel, yes I'm Ebert and you're getting two thumbs up
You've had enough of two-hand touch you want it rough you're out of bounds
I want you smothered want you covered like my Waffle House hashbrowns

swede
05-11-2006, 08:26 PM
I may be wrong, but I thought the original controversy got brewing when a few political comments were made in the middle of a football thread. Sometimes football threads wander off topic, and sometimes the off topic responses wind up being funny or interesting. Either the thread dies or someone interjects with a response to the original post and we're back in business.

In this case I think Nutz got a little protective of the present state of the union here at PR which has seen very little political ranting and he was hoping to keep it that way in the football thread. I didn't mind the political swipes too much and I didn't mind Nutz's interjection.

I love a good political rant myself but the stuff we say and write usually impresses no one but ourselves. Nevertheless, Nick Collins is a worthy poster. I wouldn't want him or anyone else to think that he can't post freely. If two dudes get into a political debate in the middle of a football thread than that is fine. It is also fine for Nutz to tell the dudes to move that shit over to Romper Room.

I'll bet in real life Nutz is the kind of guy that turns around in a theater and tells people to shut the hell up if they're talking during a movie. I admire people like that. I don't have the stones to tell punks to stop cursing in front of old ladies and stuff like that. I never get anywhere near that line where assertive fuzzes gently into being a dick.

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah...it wasn't a huge deal swede....Everyone knows I'm William Wallace incarnate. I was harping about it at JS months ago so I might be more sensitive than I could or should be...

Done is done......

But you'll never have my F....REEDOM...

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Hey...I got 25% of the vote...Maybe we can move the gray area 25% to the left :?:

Thanks for voting guys...I have been served. I can't argue with a good old fashioned democracy....

I still like my idea better though :cool:

Bretsky
05-11-2006, 11:30 PM
I believe in what I believe. Untill JS got hit by that one idiot, it was better than this place by far. Why? because people could speak.

Yeah this shit bothers me. I loved that other forum. I lvoed the lack of moderation. I loved how eveyrone had an equal voice.

What set you off Nick ? I'm confused; this room is for OT threads and those that want to discuss OT stuff come here. I look at this forum and football each day. Those who want just football stay in the football part. That doesn't seem like a bad thing for me.

As for Packerchatters, I've visited there and came away unimpressed. Just my view though.

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 11:42 PM
I know Bretsky...I was a little on edge there....

I do think that moving threads to the romper room has it's downfalls but if you read through all of my rants, it wasn't all harsh complaints. For the most part it was satisfaction with an issue here and there. You quoted my worst comment really.

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 11:50 PM
And yeah..I don't like Packer Chatters because the move shit and delete it at a horrible rate. It's not even fun to post there because of all the stupid rules.

I know this place isn't nearly as rigid but I think some OT stuff should be allowed out front. I've given a few reasons but apparently nobody agrees.

Bretsky
05-12-2006, 12:04 AM
And yeah..I don't like Packer Chatters because the move shit and delete it at a horrible rate. It's not even fun to post there because of all the stupid rules.

I know this place isn't nearly as rigid but I think some OT stuff should be allowed out front. I've given a few reasons but apparently nobody agrees.

I respect your views; just don't agree on this one.

Off to the sack.

Cheers,
B

Deputy Nutz
05-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Off to the sack.

Cheers,
B

Who's sack you going to?

MJZiggy
05-12-2006, 08:27 AM
I see you're back to form Nutz. Getting some sleep?

Deputy Nutz
05-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Sleep??? Funny thats a good one!

Partial
05-13-2006, 12:11 PM
I understand the vote...It makes sense...

I like the structure of free speaking. A guy can call a guy out and it can not be moved. I udnerstand how most people don't want that and the vote has spoken.

I really loved how on JS you could let the regulars have it. AP would sit in there little home and stew about how the threads didn's suit thier liking. I loved that. I loved that equal footing. I loved how a person could make a point without being moderated. I'm a little bit of a fan of kaos. What can I say, I don't like authority.

I understand the intetions of this place. Like usual, I am in the minority. I've never been much of a social guy. Main stream isn't in my dictionary. It sucks swimming up stream all the time but my mind doesn't allow me otherwise.

I'll probably still post from time to time. Maybe I'll never find a place like JS *before the hacker* but damn it I'm gonna try. Nothing against anyone. I loved the regs. Talk about good moral people. AP had great intentions and so do most people. I just think sometimes people overlook things and social sitiations tend to turn to power struggles. It is just part of the way things work. Once this group got the power of a private forum it's just starting to not suite my liking....

Will I find better? I don't know. I kind of liked having socialites around like Michele and Bretsky because I kind of liked to antagonize :). Well, That has been taken. My ability to fuck around is gone. I have been clipped. Sure, I'm a bit of a pain in the ass but I never hurt people. Ah well...I feel defeted.

Well...here's to trying to move on...I can't say its gonna work because as much as I like to throw a wrench in the system, I can't do it without a system to throw it in. I know I'm not the only guy who enjoyed the kaos, but I know we're pretty frustrating and it probably feels great to have this chacne to shut us up....

Me, Mobb, H.H. *whether he knows it or not* and a bunch of others are just going to have to do something else with our spare time. The only place I'm willing to spend this type of time on is a Packer forum. There arn't too many who fit the *free and hackerless* category so my days as an internet junkie look numbered.......

It is a sad day...I'll probably come back fighting becasue damn it I'm persistant.

Why don't you just post in the romper room Nick? I check the Romper Room everytime there is a new post. I bet the vast majority of the people here do too. It's not a matter of not seeing it, its a matter of not wanting to post in it. Consider the content rather than the placement. If you post something worthwhile, I guarantee you people will comment in the romper room. Stick around buddy, its good to have you here. There are rules though, and everyone has to follow them. The system will work well if you let it, as evidence by the vote.

I think the problem here is misconception. The "main page" you're referring to is actually the Packer Forum. In order for this site to take off the way we want it to, the forums are here to compliment our news stories and articles, which are posted on the real main page, which is the Packer Rats homepage.

I really don't think this will be an issue. I assure you plenty of people check the romper room.

RashanGary
05-13-2006, 09:11 PM
I've been trying out Packerchatters.....YUCK...

I'm not going anywhere...I'm attached to the people here...I'm an anti-authoritarian like Mad so I don't take well to any rules :)

this place is the bomb..I had to try other pastures but they are not so green. This place is the shit. Look, I can even say that. I should stop complaining like right about yesterday.

chain_gang
05-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Damn right Nick. This site is the shit. This is the best forum layout and poster wise I've been a part of.