PDA

View Full Version : Proud of Packer fans & Favre stories!

gbpackfan
11-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Holy Christ! I JUST got home from the game. These Milwaukee games are killer. The traffic! Anyways, I thought I would share some tidbits from the game.

1. I was very, very proud to be a Packer fan today. Not only because the team won big, but because of the fan reaction to when Peterson got hurt. No one around me was cheering and everyone stood up and clapped when he got up. It was weird. You get the feeling that people know this kid is special and while we want to stop him, we certainly don't want him hurt. I think the fans were taking a lot of pride in our D holding him in check. It's always great to go against the best and come out on top. NICE JOB PACKER FANS!

2. I had amazing seats for this game. Not my usual ones, which are good, but these were 50 yard line, behind the Packers bench, 15 rows up. Before the game, Brett was sniffing the smelling salts like he usually does. He went over to Jennings and kind of surprised him with it. He didn't get it to close to Jennings before Jennings saw it coming and moved. HOWEVER, Driver was engaged in conversation with someone and Brett crept up and put the smelling salt RIGHT UNDER HIS NOSE. HA HA HA. You should have seen Driver's face. It was like he just took a bite of a very tart lemon. Priceless.

3. When Brett got pulled, he started to prank people. He was pulling people's hats down and stuff like that. At one point, he walked up behind KGB and spanked his ass HARD. It sounds kind of gay I know, but it was hilarious. KGB turned around like he wanted to kill someone. It must of stung.

4. Driver got Favre back just before the game ended. He smacked Favre on the ass so hard Favre started dancing around rubbing his ass. HA HA HA.

5. The team was totally pumped today. I don't know if you could see it at home but the special teams guys were all dancing together in a group before every kick-off. They were doing the "soldier boy" dance a lot. I think that's what it's called. God I sound like an old white guy! The team had a lot of fun today. So did the fans.

Carolina_Packer
11-11-2007, 08:17 PM
I live in North Carolina and have been going to games at a local sports bar with a Packer club, and that makes it very fun, but it's very cool to hear these kinds of reports...thanks!

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 08:17 PM
GBMichele, don't you wish you were Driver today?

gbgary
11-11-2007, 08:21 PM
the tv crew kept noting how the viking fans were treated with respect and what a friendly atmosphere it is there. that is all i've ever seen when i've gone up to see a game there. Packer fans are the best. here in dallas it's a different story. i've been offered tickets but i've turned them down to watch it in my own friendly confines.

hurleyfan
11-11-2007, 08:23 PM
A great win versus a big rival! No other way to look at it!

Thank God Sharper didn't get "one"!

I think the only player real Packer fans would cheer for if he got hurt is Moss, and that would be "kiss my ass" cheers, not really glad he was hurt. There are some folks on this forum that where glad AP got hurt, but in thinking it over, he realized it was the wrong thing to do..

I think most Packer fans are very knowledgable, and appreciate good competition, and they show it with their response during games..

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 08:25 PM
On TV, it was noticeable, the polite applause for AD.

gbpackfan
11-11-2007, 08:41 PM
the tv crew kept noting how the viking fans were treated with respect and what a friendly atmosphere it is there. that is all i've ever seen when i've gone up to see a game there. Packer fans are the best. here in dallas it's a different story. i've been offered tickets but i've turned them down to watch it in my own friendly confines.

Yeah, we were giving the Vikings' fans some shit but they took it with class. I didn't see anyone acting like a jackass. In the parking lot afterwords, one Vike fan walked by and said "If we would have had ten more minutes, we would have had you." Everyone laughed. It was that kind of good natured ribbing all day. I have to give it up to the fans in purple today too.

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 08:42 PM
I hate those horns, nice that they were quiet.

packinpatland
11-11-2007, 08:48 PM
I don't go to away games anymore just for these reasons. Tickets cost just so darn much...... to get treated like dirt...........and in the case of the Meadowlands........fear for your life..........it's not worth it.
I hope all visiting fans realize just how lucky they are when they watch their team play at Lambeau.

gbpackfan
11-11-2007, 08:52 PM
I don't go to away games anymore just for these reasons. Tickets cost just so darn much...... to get treated like dirt...........and in the case of the Meadowlands........fear for your life..........it's not worth it.
I hope all visiting fans realize just how lucky they are when they watch their team play at Lambeau.

I hear Philly is horrible for opposing fans too.

b bulldog
11-11-2007, 08:52 PM
About one year ago, I heard a radio interview with Mike "MAD DOG" Douglas. He was asked about his playing years and the current Packers and he pretty much said the same ol'stuff, near the end of the interview he was asked what he remembered most about Packers fans and he said something like this," year and after year we would struggle and at best we would end the year around 500 but this one year, we were really having a hard go of it and after practice, some kids came up to me and asked for an autograph. I signed for the kids and when the kids were about to leave, I asked them, why in the world would you fans be out here day after day, rooting us on when we are 2-10?? The kids answer was simple and to the point, because YOU ARE A GREEN BAY PACKER" He said that after that comment, he truely realized how special the Packers are to their fans.

GBRulz
11-11-2007, 09:17 PM

yup! DD or KGB, either one :wink:

gbp - I also was at the game, on the visitors side though. My friend couldn't use her tickets so she called and I took them. I've sat in these seats a couple other times. I'd rather be in the very top row than the very first row. It's hard to see anything that far down. The good part about it though was giving Sharper a hard time. At first he was egging the fans on, but he didn't acknowledge them in the 2nd half.

There weren't any purple fans sitting near us in the stands, but I did encounter a few of them on the way in and they were all like "AP"...and I said "Childress".... a few of them laughed, so yeah we had some good ribbing with each other. however, on the way out there was a group of them saying how the Packers were trying to be the Patriots by running up the score and also how Al Harris took a cheap shot on AP... I guess by that time, the alcohol had taken over and some people really start to shine.

GBRulz
11-11-2007, 09:19 PM

I hear Philly is horrible for opposing fans too.

Didn't a Packer fan get set on fire after a Viqueen game a few years back...in MN, of course.

woodbuck27
11-11-2007, 09:24 PM
A great win versus a big rival! No other way to look at it!

Thank God Sharper didn't get "one"!

I think the only player real Packer fans would cheer for if he got hurt is Moss, and that would be "kiss my ass" cheers, not really glad he was hurt. There are some folks on this forum that where glad AP got hurt, but in thinking it over, he realized it was the wrong thing to do..

I think most Packer fans are very knowledgable, and appreciate good competition, and they show it with their response during games..

I am pulling for Randy Moss till we face the Pat's in the Super Bowl.

I am amazed at Moss's great attitude and of course his outstanding talent.

Hard to say who is better now Moss or T. O. ?

Both the REAL DEAL. Outstanding WR's and now solid football players with the REAL STUFF ala Favre. :)

:) PACKERS FOREVER !

woodbuck27
11-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Holy Christ! I JUST got home from the game. These Milwaukee games are killer. The traffic! Anyways, I thought I would share some tidbits from the game.

1. I was very, very proud to be a Packer fan today. Not only because the team won big, but because of the fan reaction to when Peterson got hurt. No one around me was cheering and everyone stood up and clapped when he got up. It was weird. You get the feeling that people know this kid is special and while we want to stop him, we certainly don't want him hurt. I think the fans were taking a lot of pride in our D holding him in check. It's always great to go against the best and come out on top. NICE JOB PACKER FANS!

2. I had amazing seats for this game. Not my usual ones, which are good, but these were 50 yard line, behind the Packers bench, 15 rows up. Before the game, Brett was sniffing the smelling salts like he usually does. He went over to Jennings and kind of surprised him with it. He didn't get it to close to Jennings before Jennings saw it coming and moved. HOWEVER, Driver was engaged in conversation with someone and Brett crept up and put the smelling salt RIGHT UNDER HIS NOSE. HA HA HA. You should have seen Driver's face. It was like he just took a bite of a very tart lemon. Priceless.

3. When Brett got pulled, he started to prank people. He was pulling people's hats down and stuff like that. At one point, he walked up behind KGB and spanked his ass HARD. It sounds kind of gay I know, but it was hilarious. KGB turned around like he wanted to kill someone. It must of stung.

4. Driver got Favre back just before the game ended. He smacked Favre on the ass so hard Favre started dancing around rubbing his ass. HA HA HA.

5. The team was totally pumped today. I don't know if you could see it at home but the special teams guys were all dancing together in a group before every kick-off. They were doing the "soldier boy" dance a lot. I think that's what it's called. God I sound like an old white guy! The team had a lot of fun today. So did the fans.

CONGATULATIONS for being so LUCKY ! :)

It's a dream for me to be at Lambeau field but just maybe a dream not far away.

Will Favre be playing in 2009?

gbpackfan
11-12-2007, 04:09 AM

yup! DD or KGB, either one :wink:

gbp - I also was at the game, on the visitors side though. My friend couldn't use her tickets so she called and I took them. I've sat in these seats a couple other times. I'd rather be in the very top row than the very first row. It's hard to see anything that far down. The good part about it though was giving Sharper a hard time. At first he was egging the fans on, but he didn't acknowledge them in the 2nd half.

There weren't any purple fans sitting near us in the stands, but I did encounter a few of them on the way in and they were all like "AP"...and I said "Childress".... a few of them laughed, so yeah we had some good ribbing with each other. however, on the way out there was a group of them saying how the Packers were trying to be the Patriots by running up the score and also how Al Harris took a cheap shot on AP... I guess by that time, the alcohol had taken over and some people really start to shine.

Michele,

That is complete BS! It was not a cheap shot!!!!! I believe I saw a quote from AP where he said is WASN'T a cheap shot. There is no way a guy like Al Harris takes a cheap shot on AP. NO F-ING WAY!

Second, they were not running up the score. Didn't the Lions score 34 points in the 4th quarter a couple weeks ago to beat the Bears? Hmmm. I wonder what Rastak thinks about those two things.

Sounds like you had some "fun" seats. I agree with you, sitting in the first row is really cool, but you don't have the best view. I sat in row 1, corner endzone, for that famous Randy Moss mooning playoff game and when the players were down at our endzone, it was GREAT! But when they were on the other side of the 50, you couldn't even tell how many yards they were getting per play. And yes, I had a front row seat to Randy's ass. He mooned the endzone I was in. What an ass! :shock: :D

fan4life
11-12-2007, 01:41 PM
I was at the game, too. By the middle of the 3rd qtr it was obvious the Vikes weren't going to win. But the crowd was still into the game because it was just as obvious that the D was going for the "shut out." When CWood intercepted Bollinger, everyone roared as if Favre had just hit DD for the go-ahead score.

When Aaron Rodgers came in and hit a couple of passes late in the 4th qtr, the crowd found another reason to cheer.

Awesome game. Walking back to my car after a great dinner at Favre's Steak House, I jokingly commented to a couple of different groups of MN fans, "Nice game!" and "Don't worry... you haven't missed anything yet... your team hasn't showed up yet!"

What else could they do but laugh at my comments? Most of them at been laughing at their team (well, more specifically their QB), for hours...