PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Grant, the unknown

Brando19
11-11-2007, 09:11 PM
I thought this was funny. I was looking at foxsports.com and I looked at the weekly rushing leaders...Grant is 3rd and there isn't even a picture of him. He's definitely the surprise emerging back. Can we say the second coming of Gado? Eh...I like the Dorsey comparison.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/weeklyLeaders?type=rushing&wk=10

woodbuck27
11-11-2007, 09:18 PM
I think he'll emerge as our best back but people here are some impatient and are there any that bekieve that Morency will be the guy?

Maybe Partial?

I never have felt that in my guts.Morency appears too soft to me.

GO PACKERS !

Carolina_Packer
11-11-2007, 09:32 PM
I thought this was funny. I was looking at foxsports.com and I looked at the weekly rushing leaders...Grant is 3rd and there isn't even a picture of him. He's definitely the surprise emerging back. Can we say the second coming of Gado? Eh...I like the Dorsey comparison.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/weeklyLeaders?type=rushing&wk=10

Gado was a little more out of nowhere than Grant, but I understand what you mean. Grant actually rushed for over 1,000 yards for Notre Dame in college, something Dorsey never did either at ND or Georgia Tech. Grant was just in a competetive situation at ND with Julius Jones and Darius Walker, had an injury one year, and got a little lost in the shuffle. Of course he wasn't going to do much in NY as stacked as they were, but they really like him there. I emailed a columnist from the Daily News on a whim and he said they really thought highly of Grant, but he was the most logical guy to be traded from their surplus.

gbgary
11-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Can we say the second coming of Gado?

god i hope not. i hope it turns out to be a Brett-like story.

BallHawk
11-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Can we say the second coming of Gado? Eh...I like the Dorsey comparison.

I'm not sure what the consensus was at the time, but Gado was the benefit of being in the right situation at the right time. He was a great guy, but I don't think there were many that thought Gado could be a sustainable starting RB.

Grant, on the other hand, defintely has the talent to be pretty good. I think if you give him a whole year, he could reach 1,000 yards. He runs hard and always falls forward. Yes, he does look like Dorsey, just ask Favre.

RashanGary
11-11-2007, 09:54 PM
He was getting up pretty slowly at the end of that game. He's a big, tough guy but damn, RB is a tough position to play. Those guys take a beating. I really wish we had something other than Jackson/Mornecy at #2/#3. Maybe Corey Dillon would be a short term option just to get us through this year.

BallHawk
11-11-2007, 09:55 PM
He was getting up pretty slowly at the end of that game. He's a big, tough guy but damn, RB is a tough position to play. Those guys take a beating. I really wish we had something other than Jackson/Mornecy at #2/#3. Maybe Corey Dillon would be a short term option just to get us through this year.

Corey Dillon is reportedly way out of shape. I'd rather stick with the guys we have. We've got great chemistry going, don't mess with what's working.

Partial
11-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Money in the bank Morency!

Scott Campbell
11-19-2007, 08:09 AM
Grant looked really good at times again yesterday. Really shifty. Hits the hole quick. Doesn't go down easily. We may have a running game afterall.

I hope he can play Thursday morning.

SkinBasket
11-19-2007, 08:19 AM
I really wish we had something other than Jackson/Mornecy at #2/#3. Maybe Corey Dillon would be a short term option just to get us through this year.

Jackson is fine. He's looking like a good option as a 3rd down/2nd and long back. Morency continues to look like someone traded Samkon Gado even up for him though. His ST play is what's most valuable about him right now, and after all, he is an upgrade from having Herron as our 3rd RB.

MJZiggy
11-19-2007, 08:30 AM
Grant looked really good at times again yesterday. Really shifty. Hits the hole quick. Doesn't go down easily. We may have a running game afterall.

I'm holding out hope. He was up and moving and walking around after the game...

LL2
11-19-2007, 08:39 AM
I think Grant is our hope for success in the playoffs and for our last 6 games. The Pack need a decent running game. The running game doesn't need to be great, but a consistent 100+ yards a game will give the offense more balance.

Green Bud Packer
11-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Like i said in here before Grant is a rumbling, pummeling back.
I was slow to warm to him but he sure looks like a keeper.

Partial
11-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Morency continues to look like someone traded Samkon Gado even up for him though. His ST play is what's most valuable about him right now, and after all, he is an upgrade from having Herron as our 3rd RB.

He'll come around, I swear he has a 1500 yd season in him!

Partial
11-19-2007, 09:21 AM

I'm holding out hope. He was up and moving and walking around after the game...

I'm sure he's fine. They had the game well in hand and are going to have a short week. Most likely the same reason Jolly was rested the remainder of the game.

SkinBasket
11-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Morency continues to look like someone traded Samkon Gado even up for him though. His ST play is what's most valuable about him right now, and after all, he is an upgrade from having Herron as our 3rd RB.

He'll come around, I swear he has a 1500 yd season in him!

Morency or Herron? Or both? I think it's more likely they'll release a collaborative rap album with all the proceeds going to aid Malibu celebrities displaced by wildfires than it is they'll gain 1500 yards the remainder of their combined careers.

Partial
11-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Money Morency. He's going to break out any day now :D

Fritz
11-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Ummm...Ryan Grant has more carries, more yards, and a higher yards-per-carry average than this guy down in Houston named Ahman Green. That Green dude was inactive (again) this week.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Nothing like soaking a rag in gas and lighting a match.

LL2
11-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Ummm...Ryan Grant has more carries, more yards, and a higher yards-per-carry average than this guy down in Houston named Ahman Green. That Green dude was inactive (again) this week.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Nothing like soaking a rag in gas and lighting a match.

Is Green injured or just not starting?

Fritz
11-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Hurt. His knee's messed up. Whether the left or right, I don't know. He's only got 70 carries this year.

SkinBasket
11-19-2007, 10:26 AM
He's only got 70 carries this year.

And what? You're saying that's not worth 7 mil?

Fritz
11-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Skin, is that avatar a picture of Gollum??

I must say I was in favor of re-signing Green, but only to a short term deal. Looks like I wasn't cautious enough....TT's caution is actually paying off, together with his draft-pick love.

Green Bud Packer
11-19-2007, 12:12 PM
The emergence of Grant and the misfortune(age) of Green is just another dagger in the Doubting Thompson's hearts.

FritzDontBlitz
11-19-2007, 12:55 PM
I really wish we had something other than Jackson/Mornecy at #2/#3. Maybe Corey Dillon would be a short term option just to get us through this year.

Jackson is fine. He's looking like a good option as a 3rd down/2nd and long back. Morency continues to look like someone traded Samkon Gado even up for him though. His ST play is what's most valuable about him right now, and after all, he is an upgrade from having Herron as our 3rd RB.

Jackson was drafted to be the third down back, and it looks like that's all he'll be. He has an annoying tendency to run side to side instead of attacking an opening, and he runs into his own blockers backsides so much I'm getting the impression he has his eyes closed.

By the way, if they are auditioning extra backs to bolster the backfield I would love to see Noah Herron return. He was an excellent swing/screen pass receiver and filled in well as a third down back. Morency is a huge disappointment: he's gone from being the guy expected to carry the load to sharing third downs with a rookie. I predict that once Wynn returns from IR next season Morency will be gone....

Scott Campbell
11-19-2007, 01:12 PM
......... Doubting Thompson's..........

I think somebody just coined a hot new catch phrase.

FritzDontBlitz
11-19-2007, 01:34 PM
......... Doubting Thompson's..........

I think somebody just coined a hot new catch phrase.

Works for me. And they are still doubting, too.