PDA

View Full Version : My Most Sincere Apology

Joemailman
11-11-2007, 11:22 PM
I predicted the Packers would go 10-6 this year. Why I was such a pessimist, I do not know. The Kool-Aid was there for the taking, and I ignored it. I vow to never let this happen again.

Iron Mike
11-12-2007, 07:33 AM
I'm thinking I won't be far off with my 16-0 prediction. :P

b bulldog
11-12-2007, 07:34 AM
i SAID 6-10 OR 7-9, shows what I know

TravisWilliams23
11-12-2007, 08:14 AM
I had them at 6 and 10 praying I'd be wrong.
THANK YOU GOD!
I was listening to all the naysayers on what TT didn't do right and ignored all the signs of a coach and general manager who are really good.
Forgive me.

Deputy Nutz
11-12-2007, 08:49 AM
I said 10-6 and I was being cautiously optimistic. I still am. At the same time I am waiting for the next loss to see some of these folks that are drunk as shit on the kool aid start ripping this team, McCarthy, Favre, Thompson. If thes team finishes 13-3 there are going to be some that won't be happy, hell if this team finished 12-4 the whole forum would be bitching.

Carolina_Packer
11-12-2007, 08:50 AM
I predicted the Packers would go 10-6 this year. Why I was such a pessimist, I do not know. The Kool-Aid was there for the taking, and I ignored it. I vow to never let this happen again.

Ah, who would have predicted such a start? The way things were trending, I don't think anyone thought they'd be putrid like we were during that stretch (or was it stench?) last year when they lost to the Bills, Jets and Patriots, but I don't think anyone saw 8-1 either. That's the fun thing about this season.

Again, I watch the national media and they want to focus on the Giants/Cowboys matchup, and frankly it was the better game than the Packers/Vikings for sure, but I think Tony Romo is moving towards Tiger Woods notoriety; getting covered a lot whether a win or a loss. This game being with Romo and Eli, they just couldn't resist milking all the story-lines possible. Again, I say, let the other teams receive ALL the hyp, have ALL the expectations going toward the playoffs, and then if the Packers smack them in the mouth, then can quickly hop off one bandwagon and onto ours, and we can say to them, "Where were you before?"

cheesner
11-12-2007, 09:28 AM
I had them at 6 and 10 praying I'd be wrong.
THANK YOU GOD!
I was listening to all the naysayers on what TT didn't do right and ignored all the signs of a coach and general manager who are really good.
Forgive me.I have been a TT supporter since he has been here, but if you had some concerns about MM from last season, that is justifiable. There were a couple games where the Packers did not look very well prepared, or the game plan was lacking. MM seemed to do better towards the end of the season, but there were some reasons for concern as well as optimism. As optimistic as I am, MM has exceeded my expectations this season as a coach - certainly the coach of the year IMHO.

oregonpackfan
11-12-2007, 10:41 AM
I have to apologize as well since I predicted 9-7.

When many members of my family(I have a large extended family) met this past summer, we all gave our predictions for the Packers upcoming season. My 9-7 prediction was the highest of anyone's! If I wasn' the oldest of the 9 adult children, some probably were thinking I was naive.

As mentioned in another post on this thread, much of the credit has to go to Mike McCarthy. He has established a great working relationship with Favre, does excellent game management, and gets the most out of his players.

Rastak
11-12-2007, 10:48 AM
I have to apologize as well since I predicted 9-7.

When many members of my family(I have a large extended family) met this past summer, we all gave our predictions for the Packers upcoming season. My 9-7 prediction was the highest of anyone's! If I wasn' the oldest of the 9 adult children, some probably were thinking I was naive.

As mentioned in another post on this thread, much of the credit has to go to Mike McCarthy. He has established a great working relationship with Favre, does excellent game management, and gets the most out of his players.

Yea, Favre and McCarthy are both the main resons for this resurgence. McCarthy coached circles around Childress yesterday. The Packers have a real shot at home field for the NFC, which I never would have dreamed of.

Harlan Huckleby
11-12-2007, 11:00 AM

I don't think an apology is good enough. You have brought shame to your family and ancestors.

Even my 13-3 prediction may turn out to be too low.

Tarlam!
11-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Can't remember what I had on record. I think I said "If, then" a bit. I was more hopeful than anything. Seeing as how I scored 15 points in this weeks confidence pools in total (I have 14 on tonight's game) we should all be pleased I never predicted this start out loud.

Note to self: Don't jinx the Pack by opening mouth wide enough to release implanted foot.

Harlan Huckleby
11-12-2007, 11:12 AM
It doesn't matter Tarlam, just lie like I did. Nobody ever catches it.

GBRulz
11-12-2007, 02:04 PM
I predicted 7-9 and I'm SOOO happy to be wrong! I really thought that our lack of running game would be a major problem for us.

M3 coach of the year, hands down.

RashanGary
11-12-2007, 02:29 PM
I think the Pcakers are a little lucky to have the record that they have now. They didn't have a running game early and teams didn't take advantage of it. By the time teams realized how to beat us, we had a bye week and the problem appears to have been solved.

IF Ryan Grant is the answer (like it appears he is), I see a situation where this team may have gotten a little lucky to be where they are, but they've grown into thier own shoes and are poised to make a serious run at a Superbowl birth (loss if they get there unless NE's aging players are injured and run down).

I hate to get my hopes too high, but this team is good. Better than I ever expected. Better than I expected even as recently as the bye week. Hell, better than I expected up untill yesterday. This team finially put together a legit dominate performance and we can't use the excuse that it was the worste run D in the league as an opponent anymore.

Harlan Huckleby
11-12-2007, 05:32 PM
IF Ryan Grant is the answer (like it appears he is), I see a situation where this team may have gotten a little lucky to be where they are, but they've grown into thier own shoes and are poised to make a

As we were saying yesterday, it appears that the dropoff to the other backs is pretty steep, and how are they going to keep Grant healthy with no relief?
Most teams have at least two guys to share the pounding.

Running back by committee = running back by Grant.

ND72
11-12-2007, 06:53 PM
I was one that said 7-9....and 9 weeks into the season I can say I have no shot at even thinking I could still come out right. NOT COMPLAINING. It's been fun so far. It's almost unreal right now to me.

PackerTimer
11-12-2007, 07:15 PM
IF Ryan Grant is the answer (like it appears he is), I see a situation where this team may have gotten a little lucky to be where they are, but they've grown into thier own shoes and are poised to make a

As we were saying yesterday, it appears that the dropoff to the other backs is pretty steep, and how are they going to keep Grant healthy with no relief?
Most teams have at least two guys to share the pounding.

Running back by committee = running back by Grant.

Grant hasn't taken alot of hits yet this year so he is essentially starting from scratch. He should be fresh for the stretch run. Hopefully he won't suffer a major injury.