PDA

View Full Version : Holy Shovel Pass!

oregonpackfan
11-12-2007, 10:52 AM
In yesterday's game, I counted the Packers using the Shovel Pass four times!

In all my years of following football, I cannot recall any team using the Shovel Pass that many times in a game at any level, can you?

Harlan Huckleby
11-12-2007, 10:57 AM
I talked to my dad on phone last night (he is Viking fan.) He thought the Packers did the best job of play calling in any NFL game he's ever seen, the Vikings were totally bewildered. I had thought the same thing, guess the acorn doesn't fall too far from the tree.

The shuffle passes were working, why not use them. The Packers did a lot of misdirection type plays, executing very well. Really impressive.

Rastak
11-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Very impressive. The Vikings tried to blitz early and McCarthy had an immediate answer....screens, runs off tackle and that shovel pass. Then they tried rushing three (brilliant strategy guys) and Favre picked them apart as expected.

Tarlam!
11-12-2007, 11:04 AM
()he is Viking fan.()guess the acorn doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Ahhhh-ha! I have you now, you blue wolf in Green and Gold sheepskin! :x

Harlan Huckleby
11-12-2007, 11:09 AM
ya, come to think of it, I guess I was a bit of a Vikings fan back in the Bud Grant days. I don't think there was THAT much of a rivalry between Packer & Viking fans back then. Guess the sins of the father are visited upon the sons.

Tarlam!
11-12-2007, 11:13 AM
You never were hard enough on ol' Rastak for my liking.

PaCkFan_n_MD
11-12-2007, 12:59 PM
I love that pass, I hope they used it more down near the goal line to punch in a touchdown.

oregonpackfan
11-12-2007, 02:03 PM
. I don't think there was THAT much of a rivalry between Packer & Viking fans back then. Guess the sins of the father are visited upon the sons.

Harlan, you must not have lived or traveled to western Wisconsin if you think there wasn't a rivalry between Packer and Viking fans!

We Packer fans despised the Viking fans! The feeling was mutual.

In addition, our TV stations were from the Twin Cities. Many of the TC sportscasters were constantly belittling the Packers.

Most of us western Wisconsinites despised the Vikings more than we despised the Bears.

MadtownPacker
11-12-2007, 03:02 PM
You never were hard enough on ol' Rastak for my liking.Oh Im sure that lil puto gets plenty hard for all kinds of men.

Harlan Huckleby
11-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Harlan, you must not have lived or traveled to western Wisconsin if you think there wasn't a rivalry between Packer and Viking fans!

I went to reform school, I mean high school, in Hudson - can't get any more western WI than that without being in the river.

It could be that my memory is failing. I recall People were pack fans first, but cheered for the Vikings in the playoffs back in the 70's after the PAckers were invariably out of it. The Packer-Vikings rivalry got hot only after they built that putrid metro dome. When the Vikes were a cold weather team, they seemed honorable.

Harlan Huckleby
11-12-2007, 05:45 PM
You never were hard enough on ol' Rastak for my liking.Oh Im sure that lil puto gets plenty hard for all kinds of men.

I bet you are quivering just thinking about it.

This conversation reminds me of a book I just read, "Kitchen Confidential", stories about working in restaraunts. The author says the hispanic workers obsessively talk about cocks and threaten to penetrate their amigos. I of course thought about you when reading it (altho not in that way.)