PDA

View Full Version : Peterson has a grd 2 Lateral collateral ligament (LCL) tear

Rastak
11-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Out for a couple of weeks it looks like.

No surgery needed.

MJZiggy
11-12-2007, 12:48 PM
That's good news.

MadtownPacker
11-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Shit, guess it could have been a lot worse then that.

PaCkFan_n_MD
11-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Dam that sucks. If he was on the packers we would be in the pats class, and maybe the best in the league. He is a rare talent and seens like a class act. I hope he returns to full strength.

Rastak
11-12-2007, 12:50 PM

Yea, it isn't good but it could have been worse. Peterson indicated he thought Harris's hit was clean and Chilly just said the same thing in his press conference.

Cheesehead Craig
11-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Glad to hear it wasn't real serious. Sounds like just some rest is needed.

Tarlam!
11-12-2007, 12:53 PM
They replayed it 10 times - the hit was clean.

Man, I hope he is back soon. He enriches the NFL and I wish we had him on the Packers roster. He is a great citizen from his interviews, too.

I feel for you, Ras.

gbgary
11-12-2007, 12:53 PM

that's for sure. had that right leg been planted any firmer it would've been a mess.

mraynrand
11-12-2007, 12:54 PM
That's the same ligament that Favre hurt in that game v. Redskins in 2002. He had to wear a brace for several games. Didn't follow through cleanly again, on a consistent basis, until the 2003 season.

mngolf19
11-12-2007, 12:54 PM
My guess is this ends his season. You don't get a grade 2 tear and go out and play RB. Lineman could come back in a week with a brace but not a RB. And he is their franchise player with 7 wks to go. Wait for next year with him, don't chance it.

mission
11-12-2007, 12:55 PM
it wasn't the hit!

harris hit him on the left knee and peterson hurt his right now...

watch the replay -- when he goes to cut, he plants on the right, you can see it kind of buckle a bit/hyperextend... i saw it before the replay even.

i was at a packer bar in atlanta with about 800 people and a fair amount of them were being drunk assholes and cheering loudly. there were a lot of people upset about the idiots in the crowd but it's not like JH was the only guy yesterday. i just had a much bigger living room than most people.

im glad he's ok... i love watching the kid (as long as he gets shut down a couple times a year)

:D

Freak Out
11-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Nice to hear it's not a major injury...he is going to be a beast for years. I'm glad TT has loaded the Packers with d-line talent!

retailguy
11-12-2007, 01:02 PM
I think he comes back. We'll see, i'm just glad it wasn't more serious that it is.

Wish we could find a way to get this guy healthy for the Lions game. The Packers need him to step up big against the Lions.

Mission- I'm sure JH wasn't the only idiot cheering, but most of us would've reacted the same way in person as we did here. I'm never happy when I see anyone injured. Don't think I ever used to be either, but I guess it was possible that I behaved that way before I grew up.... :?

Tarlam!
11-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Did JH cheer the injury?

gbgary
11-12-2007, 01:09 PM
it wasn't the hit!

you sure about that? harris' momentum took him through both legs and up ended AP. i'll look at the replay closer tonight.

mission
11-12-2007, 01:12 PM
it wasn't the hit!

you sure about that? harris' momentum took him through both legs and up ended AP. i'll look at the replay closer tonight.

im not *sure*, i'm not ap or a doctor... but before the hit even was made, i had a split second "oh shit, that's gonna hurt" thought in my head when i saw his knee buckle just moments before the hit.

Rastak
11-12-2007, 01:15 PM
it wasn't the hit!

im not *sure*, i'm not ap or a doctor... but before the hit even was made, i had a split second "oh shit, that's gonna hurt" thought in my head when i saw his knee buckle just moments before the hit.

I thought his foot was planted and Harris nailed him with the helmut but I could be wrong. It looked pretty bad, he kind of dodged a bullet there.

Zool
11-12-2007, 01:23 PM
it wasn't the hit!

I thought his foot was planted and Harris nailed him with the helmut but I could be wrong. It looked pretty bad, he kind of dodged a bullet there.

Rewound the good angle a few times to see. AD actually rose up a bit right at the point of contact and his left leg went back trying to avoid Harris's helmet. That left the right leg on tip toes and he took a helmet to the kneecap and it tweaked back.

If I was coming up on AD with a full head of steam I would try to put a shoulder into his thigh also. You go high on him and you look silly. Actually surprised Al didnt get his head dinged on the hit. A knee to the helmet at that speed cant feel great.

mmmdk
11-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Really good news; I hope AP is ready to rock the NFL soon...especially vs Lions & Bears :P

mmmdk
11-12-2007, 01:33 PM
it wasn't the hit!

He did dodge a bullet and luckily so for all us Football fans.

Rastak, should I call Peterson AP or AD?

GBRulz
11-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Did JH cheer the injury?

Initially, yes he did, but then he later apologized and admitted being in the wrong. Peeps just need to let it go. We're all guilty of making comments in the heat of the moment at times.... doesn't mean it reflects the kind of person we are.

Deputy Nutz
11-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Did you all send him flowers and get well card too?

LCL isn't a very important legiment, two weeks seems about right. As long as it isn't the ACL or the MCL he should be all right. I guess their are only 7 games left and the team only has three wins, if the Vikings lose the next two then I don't see a point in bringing him back unless they feel the experience could do him good. I would only bring him back if he was 100% and totally healed.

Merlin
11-12-2007, 02:52 PM

Man, I hope he is back soon. He enriches the NFL and I wish we had him on the Packers roster. He is a great citizen from his interviews, too.

I feel for you, Ras.

My whole family said "oh no" the second he grabbed his knee. I don't like seeing any player injured. We did the same the weak before with Larry Johnson and even though Johnson is an ass, we feel the same.

Remember when I was talking about "Vikings Fans" and you weren't one of the many Ras? Go look on a lot of boards and you will see how many are calling for teams to take Favre out at the knees over the "cheap shot" Harris gave Peterson. It was a clean hit and for a DB, the area they always drop their shoulder into. AP was just up a little higher then normal on the play. If that was a cheap hit then anytime you tackle someone at the legs it's a cheap hit.

MadtownPacker
11-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Before he got hurt yesterday you could have called Adrian "Not Today" Peterson. :lol:

RashanGary
11-12-2007, 03:09 PM
I think I have the right to bust you for copyright infringement, Mad. I believe "at some point during my belligerant harm wishing tirade", that I used the phrase Adrian "not today" Peterson. It probably got lost in the array of disturing comments that you may be familiar with: like, "hopefully it's his collar bone" or the joyless classic, "better yet, his neck!!!".

Yes, it may have gotten lost in all of that, but at some point I did also say something that could be construde, by normal people not named satan, as funny :)

Carolina_Packer
11-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Did you all send him flowers and get well card too?

LCL isn't a very important legiment, two weeks seems about right. As long as it isn't the ACL or the MCL he should be all right. I guess their are only 7 games left and the team only has three wins, if the Vikings lose the next two then I don't see a point in bringing him back unless they feel the experience could do him good. I would only bring him back if he was 100% and totally healed.

I agree with this 100%. You've got Chester Taylor and Mawelde Moore. Think big picture, long-term. If the season gets more lost in the next couple of weeks, what's the point in bringing him back? Treat him like a young ace pitcher in baseball and shut him down. I know you have economic interests to think of, but don't trade short-term for longer-term interests.

I agree with everyone who said, thank goodness it wasn't worse. If you love the NFL and players, then you have to love what AP brings talent-wise, and those are the guys you want to see playing. You also want to see your guys vs. the best, and he looks like a bright star for years to come. BTW, if you don't know his story growing up, look it up. It's very compelling.

3irty1
11-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Before he got hurt yesterday you could have called Adrian "Not Today" Peterson. :lol:

I think its still fair game.

MadScientist
11-12-2007, 03:30 PM

I feel for you, Ras.

My whole family said "oh no" the second he grabbed his knee. I don't like seeing any player injured. We did the same the weak before with Larry Johnson and even though Johnson is an ass, we feel the same.

Remember when I was talking about "Vikings Fans" and you weren't one of the many Ras? Go look on a lot of boards and you will see how many are calling for teams to take Favre out at the knees over the "cheap shot" Harris gave Peterson. It was a clean hit and for a DB, the area they always drop their shoulder into. AP was just up a little higher then normal on the play. If that was a cheap hit then anytime you tackle someone at the legs it's a cheap hit.
It was clean. If Harris hit AP right on the leading knee, they might have an argument on it, but this was just football. Things happen when bodies go flying. I never got a close look at it, so I kept thinking 'How does he get a serious injury on that play?' At least it won't be that long before he is back.

I also don't think the hit on Favre's head was anything close to a cheap shot, the guy was trying to avoid hitting Brett too hard after he started the slide, and just happened to get his helmet. Again, that's football. The flag was fair, anything to a QB's head gets 15 yards.

As for sitting him the rest of the year, if he's healed, play him. Minn has a lot of work to do to get the offense into shape. They need to see what they have in real game situations, with all of their talent. Sure, they are going nowhere this year, but look what happened with the Packers and the 4 game win streak at the end of last year.

Lurker64
11-12-2007, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings shut him down for the season. It probably depends on how the media blackout situation looks and how the locker room atmosphere is. If nobody's going to games, the team looks on the verge of imploding, and the season appears lost there's no reason to trot him back out there so the team gets a worse draft pick.

I know if I was a Vikings fan, I'd hope they sat him down, got a good draft pick, fired Childress, and started over next year. No need to put a lot of tread on his tire so the Vikings can go 8-8 instead of 6-10 or whatever.

Glad to hear it's not serious though.

Guiness
11-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Second time trying to post this, so I'll probably end up with a dp...

I think there's levels of being happy. I think JH (sorry to pick on you bud) went over the line a bit, but can any of us deny a bit of happiness when the opposing team's top playmaker goes down? Not wishing them career ending injuries or anything, but glad enough they're watching from the sidelines.

I know I gave a little cheer during the KC game when LJ went down. Not a 'good, he's hurt' cheer, more of a 'phew, don't have to worry about that anymore' kind of cheer. At that point, the outcome of the game was very much in doubt, and he was muderalizing us.

Rastak
11-12-2007, 05:31 PM

I feel for you, Ras.

That wasn't a cheap shot in my opinion. I absolutely think the play where Culpepper got hurt a couple years ago was a cheap shot. That dude went like a missle to the side of the knee. In this case it's just two guys going low trying to bring a guy down.

As far as alot of boards go, they are sometimes filled with morons. No board is immune to having morons, as we all know. Did you see Fosco's reaction when Favre was "hit" and I use that term loosely. Not picking on Fosco (sorry Fosco) but he blurts out something like "cheap fucking Vikings" when in reality both guys tried to go over him and avoid contact. People sometimes react passionately. I guess some of it the nature of the sport.

hoosier
11-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Nice to hear it wasn't more serious. It's funny how you watch complete domination and brilliance one week (296) and then the next week, out of the blue, you get reminded of how quickly everything can go up in flames.

HarveyWallbangers
11-12-2007, 11:35 PM
KFAN radio in Minnesota had doctors on today and they all seem to think this is a four week injury.

I like Peterson. Great talent. Good kid. However, if I had him in fantasy ball, I'd offer him up in trades to somebody thinking he'll be back in 2 weeks--unless I already pretty much had a playoff berth locked up.

CaliforniaCheez
11-13-2007, 06:43 AM
Brett and Samkon Gado had collateral ligament tears of lesser degree. Theirs were the medial collateral ligament on the inside side of the knee.

I don't think he will play with a brace but he is out at least 2 weeks but probably no more than 4 weeks.

It is not as bad as it could be.

Tarlam!
11-13-2007, 06:49 AM
It's funny how you watch complete domination and brilliance one week (296) and then the next week, out of the blue, you get reminded of how quickly everything can go up in flames.

Something that the Packers (especially us fans) need to remember going into face Carolina this week.

Good Call, Hoosier!

Rastak
11-13-2007, 07:38 AM
KFAN radio in Minnesota had doctors on today and they all seem to think this is a four week injury.

I like Peterson. Great talent. Good kid. However, if I had him in fantasy ball, I'd offer him up in trades to somebody thinking he'll be back in 2 weeks--unless I already pretty much had a playoff berth locked up.

Yea, I'm now hearing it's 4 weeks to heal fully and it's good as new.....however, then you have to get it back in shape after missing a month so he may be out until the last two weeks or the last week.

Deputy Nutz
11-13-2007, 07:45 AM
For every Rastak, there are about 100 vikings fans out there that I wouldn't shed a fucking tear if some crazy nazi lined them up in front of a big pit and shot them. They are as bad if not worse than Bear fans. What makes them worse is that they are complainers.

If you don't believe me go to the garbage can(if you can) and look up Harvey's thread where a Viking forum thinks it is funny to personally attack Deanna Favre and her battle with cancer. Assholes.

So if Peterson blew his knee out against the Packers, I wouldn't shed a tear, guess what, it is football, and I hate 99.9% of all Vikings fans. If Adrian Peterson played for say, the Jets, or Eagles, I might feel a bit more sympathy.

I honestly think I was a bit harsh with JH in the game day thread, maybe because the game was out of hand already and the comment couldn't have meant less at the time. When I played the game I played to hurt, punish, attack the other opposing players. I didn't want to injury, but I wanted them to feel pain when I hit them, that is just the nature of the game and if you disagree, then go back to playing golf or tennis, or cricket.

Rastak
11-13-2007, 07:49 AM
For every Rastak, there are about 100 vikings fans out there that I wouldn't shed a fucking tear if some crazy nazi lined them up in front of a big pit and shot them. They are as bad if not worse than Bear fans. What makes them worse is that they are complainers.

If you don't believe me go to the garbage can(if you can) and look up Harvey's thread where a Viking forum thinks it is funny to personally attack Deanna Favre and her battle with cancer. Assholes.

So if Peterson blew his knee out against the Packers, I wouldn't shed a tear, guess what, it is football, and I hate 99.9% of all Vikings fans. If Adrian Peterson played for say, the Jets, or Eagles, I might feel a bit more sympathy.

I honestly think I was a bit harsh with JH in the game day thread, maybe because the game was out of hand already and the comment couldn't have meant less at the time. When I played the game I played to hurt, punish, attack the other opposing players. I didn't want to injury, but I wanted them to feel pain when I hit them, that is just the nature of the game and if you disagree, then go back to playing golf or tennis, or cricket.

You really and truly need help. Get a grip. it's game. I can't believe you actually wrote that Nutz? Did the pharmacy run out of prozac. Yikes.

Iron Mike
11-13-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm never happy when I see anyone injured. Don't think I ever used to be either, but I guess it was possible that I behaved that way before I grew up.... :?

I distinctly remember in the mid-90s wishing Reggie White would rip Erik Williams' fat head off of his fat neck for every time Williams poked Reggie in the eyes, or pulled him backwards by the arms.

And I suppose noone here ever wanted to see Sapp get taken out by a cheap shot. :roll:

I don't generally wish injuries on a player, but if you're a cheap shot artist yourself, I say what goes around comes around. Olin Kreutz.....you're up. :evil:

Tarlam!
11-13-2007, 07:58 AM
Actaully, cricket balls are very hard. They inflict pain. Of course these days, with the helmets and padding, it's better.

But when I played, it wasn't a game for pansies!

Deputy Nutz
11-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Actaully, cricket balls are very hard. They inflict pain. Of course these days, with the helmets and padding, it's better.

But when I played, it wasn't a game for pansies!

sorry tarlam I could soell Croquet, but now I can.

Tarlam!
11-13-2007, 08:03 AM
You really and truly need help. Get a grip. it's game. I can't believe you actually wrote that Nutz? Did the pharmacy run out of prozac. Yikes.

I understood Nutz to be saying he is anti evry Vikings fan bar you, Ras, and maybe a handful more. And as a result of that, AP is just another purple uni.

He distinguished that if AP played for a team that had fans he was more akin to, then, he would fell differently.

That's what I understood him to be saying. It would appear that Nutz is not overly infatuated with that particluar Franchise, its players and least of all, the overwhelming majority of fans.

That would be my take.

Deputy Nutz
11-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Here Restak if you don't like my take on "the viking fan", read some of this shit,

http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/thread/2107506.aspx

It probably won't change you mind, but I never seen this kind of disrespect on a Packer forum, and the time I did the guy got totally flamed for it and was never heard from again. this thread goes on and on with only one small voice of reason.

GBRulz
11-13-2007, 09:02 AM
I agree with Nutz in that MN fans are worse than Chicago fans.

HarveyWallbangers
11-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Well, I think Nutz went a little overboard. The percentage isn't 99% bad, but I do think they are extremely bitter of the Packers and their fans. I know fans of a lot of teams, and I'd say that the Viking fans are worse than average when it comes to these types of things. I like Peterson, and I don't wish him to get injured. Let's just say that I was shocked that more people didn't call that asshat out on that thread. Just pathetic. Actually, the few guys that did call him out are Packer fans.

HarveyWallbangers
11-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Also, I believe Rastak would have called those guys out if he had seen the thread. I know him to be an upstanding guy. mngolf guy seems like a similarly nice guy.

mraynrand
11-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Here Restak if you don't like my take on "the viking fan", read some of this shit,

It probably won't change you mind, but I never seen this kind of disrespect on a Packer forum, and the time I did the guy got totally flamed for it and was never heard from again. this thread goes on and on with only one small voice of reason.

Low class stuff for the most part, but this sentiment I understand completely:

"How can anybody who isn't a Packers fan stand to sit through a Packers game anymore? The accolades and worship that the announcers give him every week is about enough to make you puke in your beer. Yeah, we get it. He's had a great career. You guys mind talking about the GAME for a few minutes?"
-------------
Even I start gagging on the excesses of the Favre coverage. The 'My Brett' thing from Deanna was pure treacle and they played it TWICE. Blechhhhh!

Rastak
11-13-2007, 11:23 AM

Yea, that's worthy of murder.

edit: Let me just say this, those guys are low class scumbags, just like the packer fan I talked to after Korey Stringer dies and said "now you have to play your second stringer...ha ha ha". Actually it was on a usenet newsgroup. Trolls and assholes come in all team colors.

Let's just say this, I didn't see anyone mention in that low class thread anything about lining people up in front of a pit and shooting them.

Harlan Huckleby
11-13-2007, 11:45 AM
My guess is this ends his season. You don't get a grade 2 tear and go out and play RB. Lineman could come back in a week with a brace but not a RB. And he is their franchise player with 7 wks to go. Wait for next year with him, don't chance it.

ya, it's not like they are gonna need him for the playoffs!

It's always sad when a great player goes down. He could come back in a few weeks, but mngolf19's guess is just as reasonable as any.

Tarlam!
11-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Let's just say this, I didn't see anyone mention in that low class thread anything about lining people up in front of a pit and shooting them.

Semantics, Ras, and you know it. If he ever saw an execution of any type, he would change his tune. C'mom, Ras. We love Nutz, don't we??

I have met you both personally and you guys would be best mates!!

Harv', I could use you here, Buddy.

Deputy Nutz
11-13-2007, 12:40 PM
would it have been better if I said "hole" instead of "pit"? All I said is that I wouldn't shed a tear if someone did do it, I never claimed I was going to do it.

I agree that the national media, The Monday Night team, and the NBC Sunday night team tend to over due the Favre thing, but I am sorry, if he played for the Vikings or the Bears, those fans would be eating it just like the majority of the Packer fans do. It might just be flat out jealousy because they never rolled out the red carpet treatment for Jeff George.

Tarlam!
11-13-2007, 12:55 PM
There goes the neighborhood.... :roll:

Rastak
11-13-2007, 03:40 PM

Semantics, Ras, and you know it. If he ever saw an execution of any type, he would change his tune. C'mom, Ras. We love Nutz, don't we??

I have met you both personally and you guys would be best mates!!

Harv', I could use you here, Buddy.

Okay, I actually believe ya Tar. I'm a little disappointed that Nutz wouldn't shed a tear if thousands of people were executed but what the heck, I'm sure we'd have smashing time at the pub as long as we keep mass murder away from the discussion. :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
11-13-2007, 03:44 PM
If those executed were all naked bush chicks, Nutz would indeed shed a tear.

RashanGary
11-13-2007, 04:52 PM

get off your high horse. It's a rivalry and some phrases are metaphors, not to be interpereted literally.

My interperation of Nutz' comments was he would not acctually shoot any Vikings fans, but he would punch one in the face if he mouthed off in a dark alley.

Rastak
11-13-2007, 05:20 PM

get off your high horse. It's a rivalry and some phrases are metaphors, not to be interpereted literally.

My interperation of Nutz' comments was he would not acctually shoot any Vikings fans, but he would punch one in the face if he mouthed off in a dark alley.

I'm very excited about YOUR "interperation". It doesn't take a genius to figure he out he wasn't planning a mass attack. It's like the Deanna Favre comments, which I'm sure those low lifes didn't really mean in real life. Just a rivalry, we all say shitty things. Right? No, we all don't.

I already let it go but as usual, you wanna bring it back. Look, I'd rather get your "interperation"
of your own comments. Actually I don't, cause it'd be a bullshit and pretty transparent to most I think.

RashanGary
11-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Rastak, you are turning into such a whiny loser. Good grief, quit playing the moral superiority card and act like a man. GBRulz conducts her sefl as a person with bigger nuts than you :)

Opposing fans are going to cheer when they bitch slap your injury prone star. I didn't have to joke about a broken neck because that really does happen and it's tragic, but I loved seeing AP get smacked and I'll love it the next time the Packers kick the Vikign ass. It might never get old, acctually and with the wya the Vikings run their franchise, I don't think I have to worry about it ever ending.

Freak Out
11-13-2007, 05:34 PM
This thread is funny..... :lol:

Loads of flatlanders have made the trek north to Alaska from Minnesota and I know my fair share of them....all are upstanding folks and good football fans. Do they get pissed now and again at the fate of their team? Hell yes..but we can still talk football in a civil manner.

That said I'm going to give the "1988 Vikings Terrible Towel" a proper Viking funeral this week to celebrate the Packer victory.

Rastak
11-13-2007, 05:40 PM
I guess so. Enjoy your team of losers :)

Rastak, you are turning into such a whiny loser. Good grief, quit playing the moral superiority card and act like a man. GBRulz conducts her sefl as a person with bigger nuts than you :)

Nutz, I get it you were fucking around. I'm a fan of the team you think should be shot, so what am I supposed to say? Look, we're cool. I'll assume it was a bit that kinda strayed away from good taste.

JH, from your "it's as funny as when you cum in a girls mouth when she isn't expecting it" to "I wish they broke his neck", you can jam it.

Your team is having a great season, why don't you enjoy it instead of being a first class dick?

RashanGary
11-13-2007, 05:46 PM
This isnt' the forum to post that, Rastak.

Rastak
11-13-2007, 05:48 PM

Your quotes? I guess not. I wounld't post that anywhere. Look, I'm done, go ahead and fire off whatever you want. This isn't productive to the purpose of this board.

Enjoy the season Packerrats, it certainly looks to be something special.

edit: sorry, one last point. One of the main reasons this was a great place to talk football was the lack of posts like you see in rubechat. For some reason, it seems that's changing for whatever reason.

Freak Out
11-13-2007, 06:13 PM
I followed the link to rubechat......what a hole. Halfway through one thread was all I could take.

hoosier
11-13-2007, 07:19 PM
edit: sorry, one last point. One of the main reasons this was a great place to talk football was the lack of posts like you see in rubechat. For some reason, it seems that's changing for whatever reason.

That's not my impression. Excepting the occasional bad apple here or there, I don't sense a lot of moral decay and inappropriate rejoicing surrounding the discussion of Peterson's injury. As you yourself said, rotten fans come in all flavors. Or something like that.

MadtownPacker
11-13-2007, 07:55 PM

Your quotes? I guess not. I wounld't post that anywhere. Look, I'm done, go ahead and fire off whatever you want. This isn't productive to the purpose of this board.

edit: sorry, one last point. One of the main reasons this was a great place to talk football was the lack of posts like you see in rubechat. For some reason, it seems that's changing for whatever reason.Rastak, dont be like that man. You know it aint right to bunch everyone with JH. Even Nutz aint in that category. He just said what he said and I doubt it's true. This is still a great place to talk and you aint leaving.

JH - One day you will think of dumbass things you did or said in the past and shake your head. I know because I shake my head now about stuff I did 10 years ago. I just hope you talk like that in people faces because it doesn't mean shit online.

esoxx
11-13-2007, 08:06 PM
It seems like most Packer fans have been gushing about Peterson, how they like him and he's so swell.
I don't like Peterson. Why?
He wears Lavender.
Plain and simple.
That doesn't mean I want to see him injured. It also doesn't mean if he is I'm going to care much b/c it is indeed part of the game.
No other fans of other teams gave one shit when Robert Brooks literally had his knee shredded on that Monday night against the 49er's during the Super Bowl season. Part of the game they said.
Next guy step up and fill the void and carry on.
Indeed.

hoosier
11-13-2007, 08:26 PM
No other fans of other teams gave one shit when Robert Brooks literally had his knee shredded on that Monday night against the 49er's during the Super Bowl season. Part of the game they said.
Next guy step up and fill the void and carry on.
Indeed.

Brooks got hurt against Seattle, not SF. And how do you know no opposing fans gave a shit? That was way before the days of internet forums. Did you poll them? In any case, not giving a shit (because they never heard of the guy? Or because they just don't give a shit?) is different from cheering when it happens or even from saying "I don't give a shit."

esoxx
11-13-2007, 08:31 PM
You're wrong, it was SF.
And I did poll them.
I'm glad you care.

HarveyWallbangers
11-13-2007, 08:52 PM
You're wrong, it was SF.
And I did poll them.
I'm glad you care.

It was vs. San Francisco. At home. I believe that was the Monday Night game in which Don Beebe went off.

Bretsky
11-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Yup, SF; great game that was. I stayed up past 3:00 am listening to Packer Postgame on 620 WTMJ

Scott Campbell
11-13-2007, 09:00 PM

Yea, it isn't good but it could have been worse. Peterson indicated he thought Harris's hit was clean and Chilly just said the same thing in his press conference.

They didn't have to say that. Classy move by both guys.

Deputy Nutz
11-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Restak I don't want to see 1000 Viking fans murdered because they like a certain team, I believe I have always had a decent relationship with you and most on this board and if I run my mouth once in a while I really hope you don't take it personally, I think you're a fine upstanding guy and I wouldn't want to offend you, besides if Harv says you're a good guy, and Tarlam as well then you're a fine human being even though you were born and raised by communist.

Anyways, I hope you can realize that, I was being dramatical. I lived in Hudson for 3 years so it is not like I read one little thread on a forum and lost my cool. I lost it a long time ago living amongst you filthy bottom feeders! :D

PS I used an emoticon, I usually don't but I think you deserve it at this moment of tension.

KYPack
11-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Nutz used an emoticon?

New world record.

Hang with 'em Ras. You can't bail over a little hang nail like this.

Yer a tough guy and all that shit.

Freak Out
11-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Lassie come home! :cry:

Iron Mike
11-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Lassie come home! :cry:

http://www.inspirationline.com/images/lassie3.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1600000/images/_1604512_lassie300.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/winneh.jpg

Which Lassie?

mraynrand
11-13-2007, 11:43 PM
I don't really care to see guys get injured, but one guy I liked to see getting the crap beat out of him as often as possible was Bill Romanowski. That guy was dirty as all hell - channeling Conte's shit from BALCO to the NFL as early as 1996. Romo was out of his mind in 1997, spitting, laying late hits, breaking jaws, and was likely amped up on specialized 'clear' version of Tetrahydrogestrinone (THG). remember the 'Super Soup' he fed Broncos players? You can see what it did to him, Ed McCaffrey, Shannon Sharpe, and others on that squad. Classic examples of anabolic steroid-like induced rage, head size swelling, and hardening of facial (bony) features. God knows how many Broncos were spiked up on that stuff and other shit, like phentermine, prior to and during SB XXXII. It was like the Broncos were German soldiers at the start of the Battle of the Bulge. That's Bill Romanowski's legacy. I'd like to have a video montage of Romo getting lit up.

Scott Campbell
11-13-2007, 11:49 PM

I hope you're not making up excuses to bail just because your team got whipped 34-0 yesterday.

mraynrand
11-13-2007, 11:51 PM

I hope you're not making up excuses to bail just because your team got whipped 34-0 yesterday.

JH overwhelmed him with insensitivity. I think after weeping quietly to himself for a couple of days, he'll recover.

the_idle_threat
11-14-2007, 12:17 AM

JH overwhelmed him with insensitivity. I think after weeping quietly to himself for a couple of days, he'll recover.

Wasn't just JH. I don't blame Rastak for taking exception to Nutz's idiotic nazi execution comment.

3irty1
11-14-2007, 01:21 AM
This thread is embarrassing.

Can we get this stashed away in the garbage can?

8======D

^ There's a penis... gotta move it.

Zool
11-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Hahaha... I missed out on all the good stuff. Rastak, Nutz's schtick is over emphasizing everything. You gotta realize that much. No one condones mass murder, he's just annoyed with MN fans. I live amongst your kind, and have to say they are the most fair weather fans I've ever encountered.

For anyone calling out Rastak for overreacting a little bit, Im going to quote Merlin here, glass houses people.

mission
11-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Ras -- no offense but I've slowly witnessed your digression the last few weeks. Before the complete AP explosion you were the diminuative my-team-sucks, good natured Vikings fan.

Now, I'm sorry, I read a lot of your posts and think "how is this guy a football fan? What a sensitive sally!". I sometimes rephrase it but thats not necessary. Ya make me wonder if you have ever been involved in an online community outside of football. This is a very reasonable and respectful place considering the anonymity of the Internet.

Who gives a fuck if jh cheered? Who cares if he has a picture of ap on the ground, injured, above his bed. To let some random guy BOTHER YOU that much makes me think you have plenty of other issues.

Who cares? Get over it.

Deputy Nutz
11-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Hahaha... I missed out on all the good stuff. Rastak, Nutz's schtick is over emphasizing everything. You gotta realize that much. No one condones mass murder, he's just annoyed with MN fans. I live amongst your kind, and have to say they are the most fair weather fans I've ever encountered.

For anyone calling out Rastak for overreacting a little bit, Im going to quote Merlin here, glass houses people.

WOW!!! I got Schtick! I guess I am going to go Schtick it to your wife!

Calm down sailor I was only joking.

Zool
11-14-2007, 12:01 PM

WOW!!! I got Schtick! I guess I am going to go Schtick it to your wife!

Calm down sailor I was only joking.

I was agreeing with you tard, and yes thats your schtick. Over exaggeration and shock tactics.

Oh and thats ex wife to you jasper. You can have her.

Deputy Nutz
11-14-2007, 12:43 PM
I liked it better when you called my shtick "over emphasizing".

Freak Out
11-14-2007, 06:04 PM
I got sucked into a purple Jesus wormhole and ended reading a Viking blog....fuck these people are pissed.

Here is a mild example:

http://vikingsragnarok.blogspot.com/2007/11/debacle.html

Guiness
11-15-2007, 02:30 AM

Ahh, come on Ras - you know better, than that...I've seen you mention Usenet and stuff, and I'm thinking you certainly know enough to :trll:

Partial
11-15-2007, 02:34 AM
Ras just ignore JH. That stuff is ridiculous and clearly not from someone who has ever competed before.