PDA

View Full Version : Favre is closing in on Marino's All time yardage record.

BlueBrewer
11-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Marino's record- 61361

Favre Currently- 60257

So Far this season-2757
Needed to surpass-1104

Brett needs to average 157 yards per game over the last seven to hold this enormous record. It seems very attainable given his performance so far. This would be the last big record that Marino holds.

The Leaper
11-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Fittingly, it looks like the Oakland Raiders are going to give Favre yet another chance to accomplish the unbelievable.

BlueBrewer
11-12-2007, 03:19 PM
yeah only 3 more 350 yard games and he's got it. He is puttig up some huge figures. I love it.

Merlin
11-12-2007, 03:31 PM
I never thought he would have a chance this season. He is definitely playing at an MVP level. He won't get it of course, Brady or Romo will even though they have more weapons then we do (or did before the media woke up).

If anyone questions what Favre has had to work with in comparison to what Brady, Manning and Romo have had, all they need to do is watch the Colt's game last night. Two of Manning's Pro-Bowlers (WR) and I believe 2 OL as well were out of the game and he threw a COLT RECORD 6 Interceptions. The Colts still had a running back (2), a decent OL and WR's that could catch. If Manning went the whole season like that and put up the numbers Favre is, then he too should be an MVP Candidate. It just goes to show how little Favre has had to work with the past three seasons and how much Manning, Brady and Romo have this season. Even Romo struggled a bit when the Giants took Whitten out of the game plan, but then again Owens was a beast in the game.