PDA

View Full Version : classic quote by MM

Pacopete4
11-12-2007, 10:51 PM
(Favre had that throw from his knees. Any opinion on that?)
I haven't coached that. We haven't worked on that. It's not advised. Minus footwork, if you want to know what his grade was.

gbgary
11-12-2007, 10:52 PM
i'll bet everyone cracked-up at that. lol

Pacopete4
11-12-2007, 11:12 PM
McCarthy had a big shit grin when asked the question haha

Carolina_Packer
11-13-2007, 09:22 AM
That's what makes those moments with him so cool. He typically seems serious or straight-up with the press, not really animated or joking. It's fun to hear about these types of moments. I kind of like that he's like that with the public, and probably mostly with his players, but I'm sure he also has fun with his players...to an extent.

Harlan Huckleby
11-13-2007, 11:30 AM
(Favre had that throw from his knees. Any opinion on that?)
I haven't coached that. We haven't worked on that. It's not advised. Minus footwork, if you want to know what his grade was.

Its a funny quote. But during the game, I thought MM should have called timeout and gotten Favre out of there. At least talk to him. I thought Favre was groggy on the play he stumbled. Ya, it worked out ok.

MJZiggy
11-13-2007, 11:59 AM
He said Favre kept telling him he was OK, and he had Grant run in there and check his eyes and Grant said he was ok. He didn't think that play had anything to do with being hit in the head. He wanted to give him a mulligan for it but just couldn't.

Harlan Huckleby
11-13-2007, 12:03 PM
he had Grant run in there and check his eyes and Grant said he was ok.

ya, I read that part. I wouldn't trust Favre to say he's not OK, and wouldn't trust Grant to contradict Favre.

Ya take a pitcher out of a baseball game, and he's done. You can sit a QB for a series, or a couple plays and put him back in the game. I think those are the rules. :D

mraynrand
11-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Perhaps this is why they still need Samkon. he would be more likely than Grant to be able to diagnose a concussion in the huddle just from the look in Favre's eyes, in less than 40 seconds. Right. Can you say malpractice? Can you say absurd?

Tarlam!
11-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Perhaps this is why they still need Samkon. he would be more likely than Grant to be able to diagnose a concussion in the huddle just from the look in Favre's eyes, in less than 40 seconds. Right. Can you say malpractice? Can you say absurd?

Any idiot that is moderately trained up to identify dilated pupils can tell you if a potential patient has the first physical symptom of concussion. That's a pretty high horse you're riding there Ray.

VegasPackFan
11-13-2007, 01:56 PM
You pull a guy for possible concussion and it no longer becomes a player, coach or team decision as to if that player can return. I believe the league now has a rule that ONLY the doctors can make that decision.

Remember last year when Favre went back into the game after getting his bell rung and threw the TD pass? The DRs said they didnt OK him to go back in and he was yanked for the rest of the game.

Brett probably didnt want to get yanked out.

Harlan Huckleby
11-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Y I believe the league now has a rule that ONLY the doctors can make that decision.

Not a bad rule. I have to snicker at Tarlam's notion of Grant as paramedic and truth-seeker - a job any idiot can do.

All this talk of dilated pupils has me thinking of those "Drug Help" tents they used to have at outdoor concerts. The 70's weren't always so great.