East: Cowboys (8-1)
North: Packers (8-1)
South: Tampa (5-4)
West: Seattle (5-4)

W/C 1: Detroit (6-3)
W/C 2: Giants (6-3)
Next best: Skins (5-4)
Then 5 teams all on 4-5.

Right now, we are looking good for a first round bye. There is a lot of football to be played yet, and as the Colts proved last Sunday, upsets can occur anytime. I am not counting any unhatched chickens here, merely looking at what we are facing.

Let's look at the remaining schedules for the contending teams:

Cowboys (8-1) WAS, NYJ, GB, PHI / @ DET, CAR, WAS (3 away games in December, including week 16 & 17!!)
Packers (8-1) CAR, OAK, DET / @ DET, DAL, STL & CHI
Tampa (5-4) WAS, ATL, CAR / @ ATL, NO, HOU & SF
Seattle (5-4) CHI, ARI, BAL / @ STL, PHI, CAR & ATL

Detroit (6-3) NYG, GB, DAL, KC / @ MIN, SD & GB
Giants (6-3) MIN, WAS, NE / @ DET, CHI, PHI & BUF
Skins (5-4) BUF, CHI, DAL / @ DAL, TB, NYG & MIN

Tarlam!
11-13-2007, 04:22 AM
I think 8 wins will do in the West and South. I think Detroit will struggle to total 11 wins, that is, if we can sweep them again this year.

So we will need 11. I think the the East will also be won with 11 wins.

I think 9-10 wins will be needed for the W/C berths, since the Giants and the Lions surely must get that many.

Just my thoughts!

Him8123
11-13-2007, 05:24 AM
I think we can beat Carolina, Oakland, Detroit at least once. St. Louis, and we are definitley gonna spank chicagos ass next time we see it. Dallas is the toughest one left and thats a toss up. I believe we can take em. It would be nice to, to shut all the critics who still won`t give us any love up.

cheesner
11-13-2007, 09:26 AM
I like our odds in the NFC championship if it is played in Green Bay.

Makes every game on our schedule important.

BallHawk
11-13-2007, 11:09 AM

Agreed, if you put a young QB at Lambeau (like Romo) in January he's going to get rattled.

BTW, which team would you guys rather play in the playoffs, the Giants or the Lions?

Freak Out
11-13-2007, 11:13 AM

Agreed, if you put a young QB at Lambeau (like Romo) in January he's going to get rattled.

BTW, which team would you guys rather play in the playoffs, the Giants or the Lions?

Lions. But either team will fold in GB in the playoffs. It's going to be cold this year. Brrrr.....

Merlin
11-13-2007, 11:23 AM
I like our chances playing at home in the playoffs. BUT, for the first time in a very long time, if we make the playoffs, I like our chances no matter where the game is. Our road record is pretty impressive! Although I don't want to play the Giants in New Jersey. I think beating the same team twice at their house in the same season is a tall order for any team. Dallas doesn't concern me because if we beat Dallas, they will have to come here anyway!

Merlin
11-13-2007, 11:26 AM

Lions. But either team will fold in GB in the playoffs. It's going to be cold this year. Brrrr.....

Romo is a Wisconsin native, playing in front of what for him would be a home crowd. I don't think he will be that rattled. He was in the playoffs last year and I think we all saw his "rookie" come out then. He may be like Manning, never able to win the big one until last season, but who knows. The Wisconsin weather and Lambeau Field thing just doesn't apply to him.

I think Romo was tentative against New England, but who wouldn't be with how they are winning. Scary thing is that the Colts almost pulled that game out and they looked horrible against the Chargers. New England can be beat and I think now the entire NFL knows that. I expect Romo to be just fine no matter where he plays this season.

Tarlam!
11-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Firstly, we need to win at least 3 more games to qualify for the P/Os in my opininion.

Then, we need to hope the West and South don't get 5 more wins. That scenario alone has us resting a week and playing our first P/O game at home.

I would be happy with that scenario and had anyone suggested this during the pre season as an achievable goal, well, the sky would have caved in.

One game at a time....Let's not lose to Carolina.

Merlin
11-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Firstly, we need to win at least 3 more games to qualify for the P/Os in my opininion.

Then, we need to hope the West and South don't get 5 more wins. That scenario alone has us resting a week and playing our first P/O game at home.

I would be happy with that scenario and had anyone suggested this during the pre season as an achievable goal, well, the sky would have caved in.

One game at a time....Let's not lose to Carolina.

I think it will take 10-6 to win the division. I am sure we can pull that out. We need to win our remaining 3 division games though because Detroit does have a chance to go 10-6 as well and we don't want any tie-breakers there. For the first round bye we will need to have at least 11 wins so if we sweep the division, we will be 11-5 and that should put us in the bye. The Giants very well could go 10-6 to, the Seahawks seem to be in control in the west and I would think they can pull out 10 wins. The south I am not so concerned about. They seem to be doing a pretty good job at losing.

All things considered, if the same offense that showed up last week continues to play at that level, we could be looking at 15-1, 14-2 depending on the outcome of the Dallas game. Hard to go against a team if they are putting up 30+ on the board each week (which would be the case if our offense continues).

Harlan Huckleby
11-13-2007, 11:43 AM
I think it is bad karma to talk about playoff positions when your team is sitting pretty midseason. It's just inviting a lightening bolt.

Tarlam!
11-13-2007, 11:57 AM
HH, it's bad karma that you insist on having unsafe sex with toy boys, but hey, I am not one to chastize....

Freak Out
11-15-2007, 01:15 PM

Romo is a Wisconsin native, playing in front of what for him would be a home crowd. I don't think he will be that rattled. He was in the playoffs last year and I think we all saw his "rookie" come out then. He may be like Manning, never able to win the big one until last season, but who knows. The Wisconsin weather and Lambeau Field thing just doesn't apply to him.

I think Romo was tentative against New England, but who wouldn't be with how they are winning. Scary thing is that the Colts almost pulled that game out and they looked horrible against the Chargers. New England can be beat and I think now the entire NFL knows that. I expect Romo to be just fine no matter where he plays this season.

I was talking about the Lions or Giants. I think Romo can play anywhere...he just has that thing going for him....

That said I still think the Cowpokes would lose in GB, Owens would drop some balls, the D could control the running game and hopefully keep the TE contained.

This koolaid is very nice.... :)

Spaulding
11-15-2007, 02:25 PM
I like our chances playing at home in the playoffs. BUT, for the first time in a very long time, if we make the playoffs, I like our chances no matter where the game is. Our road record is pretty impressive! Although I don't want to play the Giants in New Jersey. I think beating the same team twice at their house in the same season is a tall order for any team. Dallas doesn't concern me because if we beat Dallas, they will have to come here anyway!

Dead on.

Scott Campbell
11-15-2007, 04:11 PM
I think Detroit will struggle to total 11 wins, that is, if we can sweep them again this year.

If we sweep, Detroit is 4 games back with just 5 others on the schedule. And then they'd lose in a tie breaker. They'd have no chance at all of catching us.

I think they're done (in terms of the NFCN) even if we just manage a split.

Guiness
11-16-2007, 03:41 AM
Gota love 3 December games in Lambeau!!!

The schedule makers gave us a nasty start, but you have to think they are giving us one back with those games. I don't think it bothers Chicago, but Dallas and St-L can't be happy about it. Let's all hope for -20 8-)

Badgerinmaine
11-16-2007, 11:19 AM
The Lions, but both them and the Giants are wildly inconsistent--never know what you're going to get week to week. The Pack's playoff recrod through history against either is a whole lot better than their mark against the Cowboys.