PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Favre and Grant!

packinpatland
11-13-2007, 08:36 AM
http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-air-and-ground

FritzDontBlitz
11-13-2007, 08:44 PM
done, but i think westbrook will get the rb.

OS PA
11-14-2007, 09:35 PM
This will be Favre's fourth MVP, erm player of the week award.

Jimx29
11-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Week 10: Brett Favre Ryan Grant

8-)

OS PA
11-16-2007, 01:10 AM
... Favre gets his fourth fan favorite award of the year, he's leading the league in pro-bowl votes, passing yards, he's thrown for 300+ yards six times this year, his team is youngest in the league, is 8-1, and hasn't had a rushing attack for 75% of the season... How can he not be up there with Brady in the MVP mention.

HarveyWallbangers
11-16-2007, 01:12 AM
... Favre gets his fourth fan favorite award of the year, he's leading the league in pro-bowl votes, passing yards, he's thrown for 300+ yards six times this year, his team is youngest in the league, is 8-1, and hasn't had a rushing attack for 75% of the season... How can he not be up there with Brady in the MVP mention.

33 TDs, 4 interceptions

OS PA
11-16-2007, 01:53 AM

33 TDs, 4 interceptions

Tom Brady may be having a record season, but if we want to talk about record seasons we have to talk about Favre too. Touchdown record, yardage record, career wins, and yes.. the interception record too.

Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Ben Watson, Lawrence Maroney, 10 Sacks Allowed, Rodney Harrison, Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel, Adalius Thomas, Richard Seymour

Vs.

Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Donald Lee, Ryan Grant, 13 Sacks allowed, Atari Bigby, Nick Barnett, AJ Hawk, Brady Poppinga, Aaron Kampman

Although Favre's supporting cast is relatively good they are a MAJOR step down from Brady's.

I agree that Brady's numbers are incredibly insane, but I don't think he'll keep them up all year. I could see him getting mid 40s in touchdowns and under 10 interceptions, but I don't really see him breaking Manning's record this season.

If Favre takes the Packers to the NFC Championship game he deserves the award hands down, but even if they don't make it that far he should at least be considered for co-MVP. Which of you honestly thought that the Packers would be 8-1 at this point in the season? Where would we be without Favre?

The Patriots without Brady would probably be sitting at 8-1 right now, with their only loss coming at Indy, which is the only game in which Brady mounted a MVP type comeback.

HarveyWallbangers
11-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Tom Brady may be having a record season, but if we want to talk about record seasons we have to talk about Favre too. Touchdown record, yardage record, career wins, and yes.. the interception record too.

Those are career marks. MVP is for this season.

I agree that Brady's numbers are incredibly insane, but I don't think he'll keep them up all year. I could see him getting mid 40s in touchdowns and under 10 interceptions, but I don't really see him breaking Manning's record this season.

Sure, Brady could fall off in the second half, so could Brett. There's nothing to think they'll fall off dramatically enough to give anybody else a chance at the MVP. 45 TDs and 10 interceptions will still get him the MVP. It would probably take New England losing a few games, and that's very unlikely to happen.

packers11
11-16-2007, 06:31 PM
FAVRE AND GRANT BOTH WON!!!

Favre has 4 total this season...

Jimx29
11-17-2007, 12:12 AM

33 TDs, 4 interceptionsI, and may other said at the beginning of the season that if the Pack makes it into the playoffs, that would probably take a great season for Brett, and at the same time he would have to be the odds on favorite to get his 4th MVP hands down.

PaCkFan_n_MD
11-17-2007, 04:31 AM
FAVRE AND GRANT BOTH WON!!!

Favre has 4 total this season...

Impressive! When you can have the best passing QB and best rushing RB in the same week your doing something right on offense.

Scott Campbell
11-17-2007, 05:44 AM
I'm not sure that I care that much about Favre winning the MVP. You can't take anything away from the season that Brady is having, and Brady's play is totally out of Brett's control.

woodbuck27
11-18-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm not sure that I care that much about Favre winning the MVP. You can't take anything away from the season that Brady is having, and Brady's play is totally out of Brett's control.

Come on Scott.

We here know how badly TT set up our offense in this off season.
He gave us little to hope for huge season in a real perspective.

Your a decent analyst arn't you Scott?

Favre has said to himself screw TT and if I get MM on my side and do the final reads of the defenses we can do OK.

Don't take thid away fr. Brett Favre. He has just played phenomenal ball and the best he's been in a decade.

Favre has all he needs to push Brady and steal the MVP fr. him as this season closes.

FAVRE for NFL MVP !!

wpony
11-18-2007, 02:03 PM
its also easier to get the numbers Brady is getting when you are playing weaker teams and your coach just makes you run up the score beating a dog when its down :evil: