PDA

View Full Version : The internet is slow today

SkinBasket
11-13-2007, 12:54 PM
At least parts of it are...

Joemailman
11-13-2007, 05:18 PM
According to the Prez, there are internets, so which internet are you referring to?

Freak Out
11-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Is it the new wireless router you bought? Or have you not done that yet? Slacker.

SkinBasket
11-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Shit I forgot about the router.

Bought the DLink 655. Easy to just plug in, update, and configure. Was a bit of a pain getting past the idiotic "idiot proof" set-up software it comes with that's supposed to assist you in setting the thing up. Looked like it would just confuse the average joe more than instructions on using the router's configuration pages, despite all it's slick polish.

Windows ME on our notebook machine is too old to play nice with the new Draft N slot card, but the range and speed are still much improved using the old 11b card.

Reconfiguring the other devices (Wii and PS3) on the network was easy and painless.

So far, well worth the money. I'll let ya'll know if it blows up and burns down the house or anything.

MadtownPacker
11-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Reconfiguring the other devices (Wii and PS3) on the network was easy and painless.
So when are we gonna play Wii online? What games can be used for online play?

Freak Out
11-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Windows ME on our notebook machine is too old to play nice

Sweet mother of the earth! Windows ME!

Tyrone Bigguns
11-14-2007, 06:11 PM

ME: Without a doubt the worst OS MS ever put out. Halfway to 2000 with a ton of problems. Man, I can recall all the problems I had with printers on ME. Updating chipsets.

Why would you be on a 8-9 year old OS?

Freak Out
11-14-2007, 06:48 PM

ME: Without a doubt the worst OS MS ever put out. Halfway to 2000 with a ton of problems. Man, I can recall all the problems I had with printers on ME. Updating chipsets.

I bought an "upgrade" disk for ME.....I never used it.! It was just a never ending nightmare of BSOD...so I got an OEM version of NT4 and dual booted with 98 for awhile.

SkinBasket
11-14-2007, 08:13 PM
So when are we gonna play Wii online? What games can be used for online play?

None. The big N needs to figure out online play is essential these days. Until then, we can share Miis. Whoopie fucking doo.

SkinBasket
11-14-2007, 08:18 PM

The computer's that old. We got a new desktop between then and now, and don't use the notebook for much beside adult erotica and Letter Linker, so we've let it slide, but will probably be buying a new mid level notebook this holiday season. I am not excited about Vista, but what the fuck's a dumb white boy to do?

Freak Out
11-14-2007, 08:23 PM

The computer's that old. We got a new desktop between then and now, and don't use the notebook for much beside adult erotica and Letter Linker, so we've let it slide, but will probably be buying a new mid level notebook this holiday season. I am not excited about Vista, but what the fuck's a dumb white boy to do?

Vista is fine......some driver problems aside.