PDA

View Full Version : We HAVE to beat them Cowboys!!!

Brando19
11-13-2007, 05:54 PM
I am so sick of watching Sportscenter and reading on ESPN.com and Foxsports.com that the Cowboys are by far the best in the NFC. Gosh I'm sick of it. They talk about how the Cowboys beat Philadelphia and NY Giants....um....we beat Philadelphia....we beat the Giants by a bigger margin than the Cowboys. I really, really hope Green Bay goes into Dallas and absolutely wears them out. I'm supposed to watch the game with 3 co-workers (Cowboys fans) that night because I don't get the NFL Network..and I'm hoping for a big Packers win. I believe if the Pack plays the way they're playing...the running game keeps getting better...and the defense learns how to cover the Tight End...there's a great chance the Pack wins. One thing that'll hurt is the short week. Green Bay plays the Detroit Idiots on Turkey Day...then off to Dallas!

PlantPage55
11-13-2007, 05:57 PM
They talk about how the Cowboys beat Philadelphia and NY Giants....um....we beat Philadelphia....we beat the Giants by a bigger margin than the Cowboys.

Yeah, but we caught them on an "off day", didn't we? :roll:

Brando19
11-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Here's just one example I found of this crap people write on the internet. From SI.com:

What does the Cowboys' ascension to the top of the NFC really mean? They're No. 1 in a group of pretenders. Their substandard conference affiliation means an inflated regular-season record and, at best, a reserved spot on the sacrificial altar come Feb. 3.

Look at today's win over the Giants? This was supposed to a statement game, but it proves nothing. New York had one victory over a winning team this season, and that was over a Redskins team that is sliding into oblivion. The Giants have to stop a real offense just once before they are part of a serious contender conversation.

Dallas' playoff path to Super Bowl XLII will be paved with mediocrity. The Packers are a fluky 8-1. How many jump balls can Green Bay's WRs come down with? The Lions are 6-3 and will probably end up 8-8. The four teams in the NFC South are barely worth mentioning. And the NFC West is even worse.

The Cowboys haven't distinguished themselves in three games against the AFC this season. Throw out their win against the irrelevant Dolphins. Dallas was outplayed by Buffalo in that last-second Monday night win. And despite Terrell Owens' postgame claims, they didn't show me any reason to believe they could beat the Patriots in a rematch of their 48-27 loss in Week 6.

The ‘Boys are a very good team. Tony Romo is peforming up to his gaudy contract and celebrity girlfriend, T.O. is playing at a Hall of Fame level and the running game is solid. But Dallas is like Farmer Ted in Sixteen Candles ... the king of the geeks. A barracuda in a pool full of NFC guppies. Problem is, the Cowboys will face a great white shark if they reach the Super Bowl.

Everyone in Dallas should be proud of the upcoming trip to Glendale, Ariz., ... and the inevitable loss, followed by the offseason drama (probably Owens-related) and the 2008 Super Bowl loser's jinx collapse.

Freak Out
11-13-2007, 06:10 PM
First we have Carolina and then Detoilet on a damn Thursday to think about.

MTPackerfan
11-13-2007, 06:11 PM
that is the most ridiculous load of crap I have ever read. What a jaque azz.

OS PA
11-13-2007, 06:12 PM
One thing that'll hurt is the short week. Green Bay plays the Detroit Idiots on Turkey Day...then off to Dallas!

It's not a short week. Both the Packers and the Cowboys play on Thanksgiving, the 22nd, and then they play each other the following Thursday, the 29th.

packers11
11-13-2007, 06:18 PM
The Packers are a fluky 8-1. How many jump balls can Green Bay's WRs come down with?

Is that a joke??? The only jump ball i've seen this year was last week with Jennings...

Is he thinking about the 2003 season when we had Walker???

What a load of crap this article is...

GBRulz
11-13-2007, 06:20 PM
I expect you to be wearing your lucky underwear, Brando. I don't care how holy they will be by then :wink:

BallHawk
11-13-2007, 06:25 PM
The Packers are a fluky 8-1. How many jump balls can Green Bay's WRs come down with?

Is that a joke??? The only jump ball i've seen this year was last week with Jennings...

Is he thinking about the 2003 season when we had Walker???

What a load of crap this article is...

He obviously has watched little, of any, of the Packers. Let's see TDs that come to mind this season

Slants to Jennings, Bombs to Jones and Jennings, bullets to Driver and Ruvell, shovel passes.....

Jesus, what a jackass this guy is. How can you fluke to 8-1? I can understand if you think the Lions fluked to 6-3, but 8-1?

Joemailman
11-13-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm guessing this guy has lost a bunch of money betting against the Packers. And he probably thought Favre should have retired.

gbgary
11-13-2007, 06:55 PM
let that talk go. let everyone think the Packers are a fluke. keep down-playing everything the way Brett and M3 do. the Packers are cool with all that talk. let the boys read and hear that stuff and soak it all in. "Packers are a fluke! You're gonna kick their asses!" keep pumping them up and then let them go into the game thinking that.
that's just where we want them. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

CaliforniaCheez
11-13-2007, 06:58 PM
There will be TWO GAMES obviously the second time they play is more important.

Obviously, I want them to win both games. Collins will be back for the second one.

They have to win the first one on turf to play the second one on grass.

MJZiggy
11-13-2007, 07:04 PM
There will be TWO GAMES obviously the second time they play is more important.

Obviously, I want them to win both games. Collins will be back for the second one.

They have to win the first one on turf to play the second one on grass.

Nicely stated.

Brando19
11-13-2007, 07:43 PM
I expect you to be wearing your lucky underwear, Brando. I don't care how holy they will be by then :wink:

The lucky underwear will indeed be on and ready, GBRulz! Heck...if the Packers win that game...I may consider the entire outfit I have on at the time my "lucky outfit"! Haha...20 years down the road when I'm 43 and fat...I'll still be trying to squeeze into my lucky undies! :lol:

oregonpackfan
11-13-2007, 07:46 PM
It will be interesting to see how T.O. reacts to the confrontational type of coverage that Harris and Woodson provide.

I would love to see Jerry Jones vein in his neck bulge out of frustration! :)

CaliforniaCheez
11-13-2007, 07:55 PM
If Buffalo can almost do it, and the Vikings hang close in the third Quarter with no offense, the Packers can do it.

Oscar
11-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Jones is a big boy in the league..No pun intended..lol..Mark my words....THE ref's are gonna be big time flag happy for this one.. I'd say Jones is already working on that...No conspiracy theory on my part.. :lol: I hate the Cowbuyz with a passion..And there owner that much more..But, I agree..we have a couple of games to be thinking about before this one...

MadtownPacker
11-13-2007, 08:24 PM
I prefer Woodson cover owens. Seems like Harris doesn't do so well against "TO". He is too big and strong for Al to abuse.

HarveyWallbangers
11-13-2007, 08:48 PM
let that talk go.

Damn straight! Let them play with a chip on their shoulder--like they did with all of the Peterson talk last week.

LL2
11-13-2007, 09:27 PM
I would love to see the Packers beat the Cowboys! I have always hated the Cowboys. I hope we are 10-1 when we play them and they are too so we can knock them off. Let's not look too far down the road though. One game at a time and let's take care of Carolina first.

Deputy Nutz
11-13-2007, 09:32 PM
I agree that Woodson has the best shot against Owens, I think he is the better overall athlete between he and Harris. Harris was abused by T.O several years ago when Owens was with Philly.

Dallas game has me nervous, Favre has never played great in that shit hole, I guess this is the season of surprises though

MJZiggy
11-13-2007, 09:33 PM
I agree that Woodson has the best shot against Owens, I think he is the better overall athlete between he and Harris. Harris was abused by T.O several years ago when Owens was with Philly.

Dallas game has me nervous, Favre has never played great in that shit hole, I guess this is the season of surprises though

He never won in Denver either. Or at KC.

ZachMN
11-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Dallas didn't look that good against MN when they played-they didn't take them to the shed. That being said we didn't in the first game but I think this team can beat Dallas. MM seems to know how to keep them focused. I don't see them getting intimidated by records or anything, they seem to prepare perfectly ala the Patriots.

KYPack
11-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Dallas is weak up the middle. They can be run on and that overrated fat little safety of theirs can't keep up with our boys. I look for Greg Jennings to run a good sluggo on Williams and make him look like a fool.

Al is getting to be our weak link against physical recievers. Can't down the guy, he's playing on all guts. That back is killing him, but shrugs it off.

Tough guy.

Freak Out
11-13-2007, 10:28 PM

Favre has had some great games in big D.....the Packers lost but he had wicked numbers. We could never stop Smith when it counted.

esoxx
11-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Favre was especially good in the NFC Title Game loss 1/96. Too bad the defense wasn't up to the task.

Deputy Nutz
11-14-2007, 08:47 AM

He never won in Denver either. Or at KC.

Difference is that Dallas is actually good this year.

Favre had a good NFC Championship game there in 95, but in the long run his teams have not done well. Time will see, but put it this way, I don't expect the Packers to come out of this game with a win.

HarveyWallbangers
11-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Difference is that Dallas is actually good this year.

Favre had a good NFC Championship game there in 95, but in the long run his teams have not done well. Time will see, but put it this way, I don't expect the Packers to come out of this game with a win.

I don't think it has anything to do with playing in Dallas. It had to do with Dallas having a lot better teams in those years. Do they have a better team this year? Time will tell.