PDA

View Full Version : Favre to play several more seasons??

Brando19
11-13-2007, 07:47 PM
From foxsports.com:

Way too often in the past there were cries that Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre was finished.

Only now, at 38, Favre is playing as though he is just getting started.

Favre leads the league in passing yards with 2,757 -- 71 more than New England quarterback Tom Brady.

Nine games into this season, Favre is on pace to throw for 4,901 yards, which would be a personal single-season best, easily surpassing the 4,413 he threw for during his MVP season in 1995, when Favre won the first of three NFL MVP awards.

He has completed 67.2 percent of his passes, better than his all-time, single-season best of 65.4 in 2003.

At this rate, he will complete 423 passes, and in his previous 16 seasons, he never had more than 372 completions in a season.

He is playing smarter, sharper, better, and now speculation around the league has shifted from whether this will be Favre’s last season to how many more he might want to play. Favre is performing like he is getting younger, not older.

CaliforniaCheez
11-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Seven more years.

hurleyfan
11-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Gut feel... if the Packers were to win the SB this year (we can dream can't we!), Brett calls it a career..

If they get close to the SB, and he's healthy, they have a great nucleus for next year, he comes back for one more run..

Exit on top ala Elway

MadtownPacker
11-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Yeah, a SB win would be the end. A playoff win will bring him back for one more year at least.

FritzDontBlitz
11-13-2007, 08:49 PM
I think he might wanna stick around to see if he can win a trifecta since no team has ever won 3 consecutive Super Bowls, therefore I say sign him to a lifetime contract now before his current one expires.....

falco
11-13-2007, 08:51 PM
imagine if we had traded favre once we went 4-12 and were in the worst of our rebuilding phase?

watching him tear it up for some other team would be devastating right now.

packinpatland
11-13-2007, 09:08 PM
I think he might wanna stick around to see if he can win a trifecta since no team has ever won 3 consecutive Super Bowls, therefore I say sign him to a lifetime contract now before his current one expires.....

I thought he signed a lifetime contract.........oh wait...........in 'football years' that was a lifetime ago!

LL2
11-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah, a SB win would be the end. A playoff win will bring him back for one more year at least.

This is my thinking too...go out on top.

Deputy Nutz
11-13-2007, 09:28 PM
I think if he makes it to the NFC Championship game he might be done, I just don't know, but at the same time I don't know if that is even a determining factor for Favre. He has always said if he feels that his skills haven't eroded and he feels he can still play the game than he will play, period.

Magically though, if the Packers win the Super Bowl, I think he is done, no better way to end his career.

ZachMN
11-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Get out a chisel and etch this in stone:

Favre will be done when they scrape what's left of his body off of the field and he is totally destroyed. I never thought about it until I read the article about him passing the dude who's name escapes me about the interception record and he said something to that effect. I totally think he's right and won't that be awesome for Packer nation since Favre is a freak of nature and trains hard as hell in the offseason as well. He is ours and because of that life is good.

Brando19
11-13-2007, 09:34 PM
What if all of you are right....if the Pack wins the SB..he retires...but if they make it close...he comes back. Here's a question....what if the Pack loses IN the Super Bowl? Does he retire or come back? It's kinda like we're waiting to see if the groundhog sees it's shadow this year....and I hope it doesn't. 4 MORE YEARS...4 MORE YEARS!

KYPack
11-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Get out a chisel and etch this in stone:

Favre will be done when they scrape what's left of his body off of the field and he is totally destroyed. I never thought about it until I read the article about him passing the dude who's name escapes me about the interception record and he said something to that effect. I totally think he's right and won't that be awesome for Packer nation since Favre is a freak of nature and trains hard as hell in the offseason as well. He is ours and because of that life is good.

George Blanda.

Why do guy's quit after they win the Super Bowl all the time?

Brett is such a stubborn cuss, I don't think anyone can predict what he'll do.

Not even GBM.