PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss???

sac2020
11-14-2007, 09:40 AM
If the Packers make a strong Super Bowl run this year, would it be possible to lure Moss to Green Bay next season for a run at the title? Of course a few things would have to play out. Favre would have to say he's coming back, which seems like a good chance. Moss would have to turn down re-signing with the Patriots or anyone else and the Patriots would not be able to use their franchise tag on him. The last 2 scenarios seem less likely, but I could see it happening.

MJZiggy
11-14-2007, 09:42 AM
If the Packers make a strong Super Bowl run, that's great, but the Pats will likely (ugh) win the damn thing so why would he want to sign elsewhere?

cpk1994
11-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Id like to thank you for setting off another 6 months of Woody's insane ramblings about how TT sucks because he didn't sign Moss :wink:

hurleyfan
11-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Id like to thank you for setting off another 6 months of Woody's insane ramblings about how TT sucks because he didn't sign Moss :wink:

:lol: :lol:

KYPack
11-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Really.

No Mo Moss threads.

We have one of the best personnnel groupings at WR in the league right now.

if you wanna sign a big time UFA, this off season would be the time to sign Michael Turner. NJo compensation & we got $?

maybe

oregonpackfan
11-14-2007, 12:14 PM
I think the Packers receiving corps of receivers is doing just fine without Randy Moss.

With Moss, a team is "Playing with fire." He has the potential of doing great things for your team yet he has the potential of doing divisive things for your team.

hurleyfan
11-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Really.

if you wanna sign a big time UFA, this off season would be the time to sign Michael Turner. NJo compensation & we got $?
maybe

We might not need a Michael Turner next year...

If Grant is the real deal, B Jackson matures in the offense, Morency / Wynn stay healthy, the Pack running back situation maybe isn't as bad as we thought before this year started..

Merlin
11-14-2007, 02:33 PM
I am not as concerned with us getting Moss now as I was before. Basically, Jennings has shown that he has the potential to be the real deal, he just needs to hang onto the ball. He is a legitimate deep threat. Moss has the height advantage though, but as long as Jennings has separation he will be fine.

The whole gripe about not getting Moss was that the Packers at that time were in need of a deep threat and Moss was available. I can live without Moss because it appears we may have an emerging deep threat in Jennings. Although if we had Moss the first 5 games, with the way he is playing, you have to ask yourself if we wouldn't have been a lot more dangerous offensively early on. Then again, would we know what we have in Jennings and Jones with Moss on the roster? It's kind of a loaded question so the argument can go either way with Moss.

cheesner
11-14-2007, 02:54 PM
The whole gripe about not getting Moss was that the Packers at that time were in need of a deep threat and Moss was available. I can live without Moss because it appears we may have an emerging deep threat in Jennings.
Jennings was on the roster when Moss was being considered. So we weren't in 'need' of a deep threat. Perhaps you (or most fans for that matter) didn't realize it, but our GM and coaches know the players capabilities better than us.

We are getting great production out of our #2 - #5 WRs right now, at a fraction of what RM would cost us alone. There is no telling if the RM of this season, or the RM of the last 3 would actually show up. I am still of the mindset that we do not need him.

Chubbyhubby
11-14-2007, 03:17 PM
I think TT has done a great job look at what the Packers have accoplished while not having a running game! Way to go TT!!

son of a vic
11-14-2007, 05:40 PM
][quote="Merlin"]
Perhaps you (or most fans for that matter) didn't realize it, but our GM and coaches know the players capabilities better than us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It isn't "perhaps". Some here honestly believe they Know more than the people that do it for a living.

Bretsky
11-14-2007, 05:44 PM
][quote=Merlin]
Perhaps you (or most fans for that matter) didn't realize it, but our GM and coaches know the players capabilities better than us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It isn't "perhaps". Some here honestly believe they Know more than the people that do it for a living.

Tis better to question nothing of those who know more. After all, they can't be wrong. That way we never have to debate about anything

Merlin
11-14-2007, 05:53 PM
We knew Jennings was a deep threat? REALLY? We knew that when? Game 6 or 7 THIS Season, that's when. He sure wasn't a deep threat last year and his height does not signal that either. WR's can go deep all day in practice, it isn't the same as in a game so don't even go there.

I love how the facts never get in the way of your thinking. Oh by the way, this was a thread about Moss and you tards jacked it into something totally different. Face it, you don't know what you don't know with the whole Moss situation and an argument can be made either way as to whether or not he would have made a difference for us. Sorry you don't like reality boys, it is what it is.

Partial
11-14-2007, 06:10 PM
We knew Jennings was a deep threat? REALLY? We knew that when? Game 6 or 7 THIS Season, that's when. He sure wasn't a deep threat last year and his height does not signal that either. WR's can go deep all day in practice, it isn't the same as in a game so don't even go there.

I love how the facts never get in the way of your thinking. Oh by the way, this was a thread about Moss and you tards jacked it into something totally different. Face it, you don't know what you don't know with the whole Moss situation and an argument can be made either way as to whether or not he would have made a difference for us. Sorry you don't like reality boys, it is what it is.

Before he sprained his ankle which limited him all season, he had long receptions in several games. He had a 23 yarder in week 2, a 75 yarder in week 3, a 30 yarder in week 4, a 46 yarder in week 5. Then we had a bye. Then he got hurt. In those first few games, he averaged 18.2 yards/catch

In preseason, he averaged 27.3 yards/catch and had completions of 47, 85, 19, and 89.

Many of us thought he looked to be a deep threat.

Merlin
11-14-2007, 06:13 PM
How many times was he separated from the defense running the go route? Most of his long completions where deep slants, I rest my case. I understand the guy injured his ankle ergo how in the world can you call him a deep threat when he wasn't playing at full speed or that well most of the season and for the small time frame he was, he wasn't getting separation on the go routes? In fact, I don't recall that many go routes for us to begin with that early in the season. We did not know he could get separation. He was Donald Driver II to most fans and DD isn't a deep threat, not anymore.

Partial
11-14-2007, 06:16 PM
How many times was he separated from the defense running the go route? Most of his long completions where deep slants, I rest my case. I understand the guy injured his ankle ergo how in the world can you call him a deep threat when he wasn't playing at full speed or that well most of the season and for the small time frame he was, he wasn't getting separation on the go routes? In fact, I don't recall that many go routes for us to begin with that early in the season. We did not know he could get separation. He was Donald Driver II to most fans and DD isn't a deep threat, not anymore.

His big catches in pre-season were almost all go-routes if my memory is not failing me. Harv would probably know better.

Joemailman
11-14-2007, 06:19 PM

Maybe it took you that long Merlin, but not everybody. It was obvious last year before his injury that he had the speed to beat people deep. To some of us.

KYPack
11-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Merlin, was your family home underneath one of them 440,000 volt power lines or something?