PDA

View Full Version : 5000 yard season for Brett

CaliforniaCheez
11-14-2007, 12:32 PM
He is on track for 4900. Only Marino has gone over 5,000 in a season.

Marino's single season record is 5084.

Brett's personal best is 4413 which should be exceeded.

Games againt Detroit at St Louis are in domes. Panther, Ram, and Oakland games should provide large numbers opportunities.

He needs 2328 yards in 7 games, or an average of 333 yards a game to break the single season record.

It is possible.

Carolina_Packer
11-14-2007, 12:48 PM
THAT might just do it for him as far as winning another MVP. Hypothetically, take Favre off of the Packers right now and where are we? Take Brady off of NE and where are they? Brady's numbers are more gaudy, but they went out and signed established free agents at their top 3 WR positions. That's not to downplay Brady's importance in the offense, I just think that Favre means more to the success of his team than Brady does to NE.

That said, I'd trade another MVP for a Super Bowl victory!

swede
11-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Favre has to beat Carolina and Detroit first and then pass for 300 yards and pitch a win against the Cowboys in order to catch up to the the Brady buzz.

Pacopete4
11-14-2007, 01:56 PM
5,084 yards is Marinos record...

in order for favre to get that.. favre would have to avg. 326 yrds for the rest of the season...

i dont see it happening once the cold, cold weather comes in.. he will have to have some 400 yrd games in domes or in the next couple weeks for this to have a shot

but how funny would that be... at age 38, breaking a marino record set when he was just a kid

MJZiggy
11-14-2007, 02:02 PM
He'll do it. Just to watch Marino's face when he eclipses one more of Marino's accomplishments...

CaliforniaCheez
11-14-2007, 11:23 PM
It is a record no one is discussing yet but with a few good games against easy opponents they will be.

OS PA
11-14-2007, 11:46 PM
I would really love to see this Packers team get themselves into a shootout on Thanksgiving. It's too bad that our defense is too damned good this year to let that happen. If there is a shootout, like the one we had in Indy a few years ago, Favre could very well throw for 500 yards and 5 to 6 touchdowns in a game.

KYPack
11-15-2007, 08:55 AM
I would really love to see this Packers team get themselves into a shootout on Thanksgiving. It's too bad that our defense is too damned good this year to let that happen. If there is a shootout, like the one we had in Indy a few years ago, Favre could very well throw for 500 yards and 5 to 6 touchdowns in a game.

I was at that game. What action. Two finely tuned passing offenses in a duel in the dome. We were driving in the end when Walker fumbled.

My favorite funny moment was watching Slowik junking his defense because it wasn't working worth a shit. Slowik was running around to individual personnel giving them their new assignments on the fly.

It was exciting to see all the Packer fans cheer Brett and the boys when we ran onto the field. The Packer fans were equally loud as the Colt fans. All the Indy people were atonished to see all the Pack support. I was sitting right on the 50. My buddy was on one side of the 50 & I was on the other. Colt fans threw trash and beer on us at the end of the game.