PDA

View Full Version : The Pregame Show-Carolina

MJZiggy
11-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Packers Host Struggling Panthers
by Carolina_Packer
This week, I am a Packer fan behind enemy lines. While the enemy advances north to play at Lambeau Field this Sunday, their season and the mood of their fans has really gone south. Read more here (www.packerrats.com)

oregonpackfan
11-14-2007, 05:34 PM
I think this quote by McCarthy is profound:

"I can go right back to the first speech that I had given this football team and go right to the first page of the PowerPoint," McCarthy said. "The first thing I told the football team that spring was the biggest challenge that we'll have here is handling success."

The last thing the Packers should think is "Well, we're 8-1. After playing Carolina, we will easily be 9-1." That is where upsets take place. The team needs to continue to be focused and prepared.

MadtownPacker
11-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Great write up CP! You must of put a whole lot of research into it. Kicks ass with all the information about the Panthers. After reading this I think the Packers will take care of business on Sunday. They will have to play real crappy not too.

"Another interesting story-line is Cullen Jenkins playing at home against his brother Kris Jenkins, a defensive tackle for the Panthers. Cullen has definitely made a name for himself, and will likely be out to prove something to big brother Kris."

I think so too. Last December after the game at SF I talk to Cullen outside of the team bus. I said to him "man, youre gonna be better then your bro!". He laughed it off like he didnt really think so. Guess I know more then him. 8-)

Carolina_Packer
11-14-2007, 10:03 PM
Great write up CP! You must of put a whole lot of research into it. Kicks ass with all the information about the Panthers. After reading this I think the Packers will take care of business on Sunday. They will have to play real crappy not too.

"Another interesting story-line is Cullen Jenkins playing at home against his brother Kris Jenkins, a defensive tackle for the Panthers. Cullen has definitely made a name for himself, and will likely be out to prove something to big brother Kris."

I think so too. Last December after the game at SF I talk to Cullen outside of the team bus. I said to him "man, youre gonna be better then your bro!". He laughed it off like he didnt really think so. Guess I know more then him. 8-)

Thanks, Mad, I appreciate it. That must have been cool to meet Cullen. Fun to have that kind of access. Hey, I've got a post idea for you. How about a post where people talk about players that they have met and their impression of the player. A name dropping post!

Kris Jenkins went off after their 20-7 loss to Tampa earlier this season; check it out:

A video clip portion of what he said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-PSJZIEBZs

First Statement:
http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2007/09/jenkins-blasts-.html

Follow-up, stands by his comments:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-10-01-806062290_x.htm

What a fun lockerroom that must be! Geez! Calling one's team out like this will probably more often than not alienate, not motivate. I hear he was pissed when he found out he was on the trading block last spring, and that he was the only starter to miss OTA's; he also looks out of shape.

MadtownPacker
11-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Man, thats dont sound good. Well, it can only help the Pack. :D

Well who's gonna drop the first name?

Carolina_Packer
11-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Man, thats dont sound good. Well, it can only help the Pack. :D

Well who's gonna drop the first name?

Unfortunately, I've got nothing football-wise. Sports-wise, I met Jim Rice from the BoSox, who didn't like it when I told him I was a Milwaukee Brewers fan. Speaking of Brewers, I got Robin Yount's autograph once. Politically, I met George McGovern when he was running for President (again) in 1984. Musically, I've seen some great performers, but as far as meeting them, I got to shake bluesman Buddy Guy's hand; still one of the best guitarists for my money. That's my random brush with greatness.

Zool
11-15-2007, 10:44 AM
I grew up about 10 blocks from Darryl Thompson, Shjon Podein and the Zmolek brothers. Thompson would kick our asses on football, and Podein and the Zmoleks would in hockey.

I met John O'Hurley (J Peterman from Seinfeld) in a bar in Santa Monica and Jennifer Anniston had the same OB/GYN as my x. Random I know.

Tarlam!
11-17-2007, 07:27 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80439437

MOBB DEEP
11-18-2007, 11:49 AM
LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whatsup Mad? yall cats NEVR visit the old forum or what??

the_idle_threat
11-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Welcome to the 'rats forum, Mobb. Good to see another good JSO poster coming over to join us.

Scott Campbell
11-18-2007, 04:11 PM
LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING BACK MOBB!!!

GrnBay007
11-18-2007, 04:16 PM
LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey MOBB, good to see you!!

MAC ATTACK!!

BRING BACK MAC!! :P :P