PDA

View Full Version : How would you........

packinpatland
11-14-2007, 04:16 PM
How would you go aobut finding a sports bar in another country to watch American football?
I'm going to be in Barcelona this weekend, and want to watch...........would it be in Spainish?

MJZiggy
11-14-2007, 04:35 PM
You'd start with the internet. I love google.

http://www.barcelonaconnect.com/showlevel1.asp?pid=51

packinpatland
11-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks MJ................why didn't I just ask you first?!

There was one on that list that looks promising.......an Irish pub of all things!

MJZiggy
11-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Make sure you call. Tell them "busco futbol americano." and if they say "si" make sure you say "Busco el partido con Green Bay Packers."

And a better idea. Have your daughter call.

Scott Campbell
11-14-2007, 05:04 PM
How would you go aobut finding a sports bar in another country to watch American football?
I'm going to be in Barcelona this weekend, and want to watch...........would it be in Spainish?

I'm as big a football fan as anybody, but unless you are regularly in Barcelona, I'd suggest Tivo.

oregonpackfan
11-14-2007, 06:07 PM

My, but aren't you the Jet-Setter, PIP! For a girl born and raised in the UP, you have come a long way! :)

packinpatland
11-14-2007, 06:32 PM

My, but aren't you the Jet-Setter, PIP! For a girl born and raised in the UP, you have come a long way! :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!! Thanks alot OPF!
My sister-in-law was here two weeks ago visiting from the UP........she brought me a t-shirt that says 'I Yoost to be a Yooper', I can guarantee, it will never get worn..........at least not by me!

Hey...................GO DUCKS!!!!!!!

MadtownPacker
11-14-2007, 07:46 PM
So PIPL is a "Yooper"??? I wanted to meet one of those people when I went to GB and there I was talking to one the whole time?? Shit!!!

PIPL, as someone who knows I have to ask you, how does it feel to be an outcast?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, why did it seem to me like "UPers" are consider funny or wierd? HH must be a "UPer" for sure.

packinpatland
11-14-2007, 08:41 PM
So PIPL is a "Yooper"??? I wanted to meet one of those people when I went to GB and there I was talking to one the whole time?? Shit!!!

PIPL, as someone who knows I have to ask you, how does it feel to be an outcast?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, why did it seem to me like "UPers" are consider funny or wierd? HH must be a "UPer" for sure.

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time! "one of those people"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, to be accurate, I was born in WS, moved there (UP) when I was 12. My husband, on the other hand, (the Oriental-looking guy with the camera) was born in the UP. So you'd have to ask him why UPers are weird.

.......I'm trying to get him to post while I'm gone this next week. So if he does, you all be nice.

You really think HH is a Yooper? :shock:

MJZiggy
11-14-2007, 08:45 PM
No, he just thinks HH is strange...and a little fluffy*.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

packinpatland
11-14-2007, 08:48 PM
No, he just thinks HH is strange...and a little fluffy*.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

So............if you connect the dots..........UPers are 'fluffy'???? :shock:

MJZiggy
11-14-2007, 09:19 PM
No, you've connected the wrong two dots. Mad made the assumption that HH must be a UPer because he's funny and weird. But Mad also thinks he's fluffy which has nothing to do with him being weird or a UPer, it's just a little side note. This is why you should always connect the dots in pencil... :P

How did we get from finding a sports bar in Spain to fluffy UPers anyway?

packinpatland
11-14-2007, 09:22 PM
"How did we get from finding a sports bar in Spain to fluffy UPers anyway?"

It's what I love about this site. :wink:

oregonpackfan
11-15-2007, 10:43 AM
"How did we get from finding a sports bar in Spain to fluffy UPers anyway?"

It's what I love about this site. :wink:

"What a tangled web we weave." :)

Freak Out
11-16-2007, 07:32 PM
How one would go about getting a copy of the Spanic Boys performance on SNL May 12, 1990?

packinpatland
11-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Hey! We found a sports bar in Barcelona that had NFL coverage. The bad part was that they only carried the Lions/Giants game...........so we watched and cheered everytime the Packer score came across the bottom of the screen.
The place was basically a soccer bar. What fun!!!! We watched several games.........now those are some fans! When they all realized that we were watching the other 'football' game, we got abit of razzing, but when they found out we were Packer fans (I had a GB shirt on) they started yelling when the scores were posted too.
I didn't understand most of the conversations, but, the Packers/Favre are very postitively talked about over there.
Wonderful experience all 'round.

MJZiggy
11-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Sounds like a great time. Did the name Aimar pop up in the soccer conversations? He's my favorite! :hrt: