PDA

View Full Version : Driver gets extension : FACT

Sparkey
05-11-2006, 10:37 PM
According to the Associated Press, wide receiver Donald Driver has signed a two-year contract extension with the Green Bay Packers.

Agent Jordan Woy said the new four-year deal is worth $17 million. Packers general manager Ted Thompson wouldn't confirm the extension.

According to updated contract information listed on the NFL Players Association Web site, Driver will make a base salary of $950,000 this season under the new deal, which also is likely to include an undisclosed amount of bonus money. According to the site, Driver's base salary will jump to $2.7 million in 2007, $2.9 million in 2008 and $3.9 million in 2009.

Driver led the Packers last season with 86 catches for 1,221 yards and five touchdowns.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing like flippen JWalk the bird by giving players who deserve props the $$$

RashanGary
05-11-2006, 10:54 PM
It looks like a 6.5 mil bonus...That is pretty reasonable..

He's well worth the amount of money he got.

billy_oliver880
05-12-2006, 12:09 AM
Good for Driver. He totally deserved the money.

MadtownPacker
05-12-2006, 04:25 AM
TT showed a true PLAYER the money. Well done for the deserving DD.

Kiwon
05-12-2006, 07:12 AM
I always like to see good guys get a well-deserved payday. DD has worked hard and made the most of his talent under some trying circumstances.

swede
05-12-2006, 07:35 AM
What a science and art it must be trying to stay within the cap and keep 60 top flight athletes signed and happy.

If you could put yourself in the athlete's shoes...

...would you constantly examine everyone els's paydays to see if you were being treated fairly?

...would you just be glad to being playing for money? (I would if I were Rob Davis.)

...would you let your agent handle it and golf every morning in the offseason?

If you could put yourself in TT's shoes...

...would you take care of the team's talent and cap constraints from a purely business point of view?

or

...would you constantly monitor the happiness pulse of your athletes and make some decisions that may be business foolish but lockerroom smart?

BTW I think TT's decision to extend DD was more the last than the first.