PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Brooks

Merlin
11-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Anyone know why the Packers brought him in? I heard on the radio this morning that they brought in him and five other players for a workout but they didn't state why they did it. I didn't think QB was a pressing need for us, unless they are looking at signing a 3rd stringer?

KYPack
11-14-2007, 07:25 PM
He'd be better than our current 3rd man. MM has history with the guy. If he'd take 3rd money, I'd sign him.

MadtownPacker
11-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Maybe Rodgers got hurt on Sunday? :?:

OS PA
11-14-2007, 08:08 PM
He'd be better than our current 3rd man. MM has history with the guy. If he'd take 3rd money, I'd sign him.

I'm better than our current third.

MJZiggy
11-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Maybe Rodgers got hurt on Sunday? :?:

Did he suck or something?

Joemailman
11-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Obviously TT is planning on trading Rodgers for Randy Moss.

deake
11-14-2007, 09:47 PM
I'll bet it's because Bret is upset with the way the season is going and is announcing his retirement.

Scott Campbell
11-14-2007, 10:13 PM
I thought we didn't have a 3rd QB.

MJZiggy
11-14-2007, 10:19 PM
That's why OS PA is better than our current third...

OS PA
11-14-2007, 10:21 PM
I'll bet it's because Bret is upset with the way the season is going and is announcing his retirement.

Or maybe TT is sticking to the master plan, and is planning on benching Favre so we can prepare for the future.

Lurker64
11-14-2007, 10:22 PM
I thought that either Ruvell Martin or Charles Woodson were pencilled in as the third QB.

If so, I'd say they're probably better than most of us.

But bringing in Aaron Brooks seems like a move you make setting up for a playoff run. In the regular season if the Packers lose both Favre and Rodgers in a game, they can afford to take the loss at this point. In the playoffs, you might want to have a wish and a prayer you put in if that situation comes up.

KYPack
11-14-2007, 11:12 PM

Shit fire, we did cut that kid, didn't we.

What was his name, he was a Martin, too, wasn't he?

We don't even have another QB on the PS.

I'll say this about Thompson, he's always bringing guys in for a look see.

So, OK OSPA you're our 3rd string QB.

OS PA
11-14-2007, 11:42 PM

When do I get my paycheck?

Guiness
11-15-2007, 01:26 AM
Not even a QB on the PS. That's wild. I would assume they'll carry one on the roster for the playoffs, it would be horribly reckless not to...with what happened last year when Favre got knocked out of the game, and Rodgers broke his foot. You at least want a guy who can go in there, accept a snap from center and handoff the ball.

Martin was a QB? Holiday was, right? I didn't know Martin was as well.

Merlin
11-15-2007, 09:59 AM
We had one on the PS but he got cut a long time ago. Carlyle Holiday was a QB, I don't know about Ruvell Martin. The "packer report" on the radio just said Aaron Brooks and 5 others. They didn't say why or if the other 5 were QB's. I found this: http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=nfl&id=1055 but am still looking.

According to this article: http://www.railbirdcentral.com/ (about half way down the page), Martin is the 3rd QB and the Packers "could" be looking to sign a 3rd QB in case Rodgers or Favre go down. It's just a speculative opinion by the reporter as in the other one, but I agree that the Packers must be looking for depth at the position in the case of a playoff run because Martin wouldn't be the solution.

I wonder if Favre getting dinged in the head and Rodgers getting hurt last year as the organization re-thinking only carrying 2 QB's on the roster? I guess it would make sense because I am sure there is no one within the organization that would have thought at this point in the season we actually have a chance to have home field advantage throughout the playoffs, let alone be in the position we are in.

From JSOnline: http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=685958

Carolina_Packer
11-15-2007, 10:37 AM

When do I get my paycheck?

It's more honorary than anything else, like be the 6th Beatle (Billy Preston was the 5th).

Merlin
11-15-2007, 10:48 AM
If the ending turns out like it did with McMahon then I am all for it!