PDA

View Full Version : Leave Santa Alone

packinpatland
11-15-2007, 07:56 AM
Wed Nov 14, 11:04 PM ET

SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

"Leave Santa alone."

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

MJZiggy
11-15-2007, 07:59 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

How stupid.

Joemailman
11-15-2007, 08:10 AM
A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

I got news for this moron. There is only one Santa.

hoosier
11-15-2007, 09:50 AM
http://home.earthlink.net/~vanderschloss/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/santa.jpg

Maybe this is what they're worried about.

MadtownPacker
11-15-2007, 10:01 AM
These women are like Tarlam, they are a decendants of criminals!!! Now they are victimizing Santa!!

oregonpackfan
11-15-2007, 10:42 AM
The phrase "Ho, Ho Ho" was around long before the slang expression for prostitute came into vogue.

The same similarity goes for the word "gay." For many years "gay" may happiness, laughter, etc. rather than a slang expression for homosexual.
Now no one dares to use "gay" to describe a joyous mood.

hoosier
11-15-2007, 11:00 AM
The phrase "Ho, Ho Ho" was around long before the slang expression for prostitute came into vogue.

The same similarity goes for the word "gay." For many years "gay" may happiness, laughter, etc. rather than a slang expression for homosexual.
Now no one dares to use "gay" to describe a joyous mood.

Ditto for "faggot." But "ho" is just a shortening of "whore," which has been around for much much longer than "ho ho ho." I think those Aussies might be onto something :P

Freak Out
11-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Who told them not to say Ho? Westaff recruitment? Australia has Santa cops? I'm not a religious person but stay away from my Germanic holiday myths.

mraynrand
11-15-2007, 01:52 PM

I got news for this moron. There is only one Santa.

Yeah, what are they talking about with this 'discretion of the individual santa.' stuff. Plus, how are they gonna enforce it anyway. The guy is 1,000 feet up and going at least 5 mach.

There is just one Santa, right? RIGHT? They put the guy in the slammer and I'm not getting any DeWalt for Christmas.

mraynrand
11-15-2007, 01:54 PM
BTW, what is all this crazy talk I hear about calling a woman a 'HO.' Who would do such a thing? Shouldn't that be illegal or something. My, how this country is coarsening. Before you know it, they'll be putting pictures of women in bikinis RIGHT ON THE INTERNET. Oh, the HUMANITY!

Scott Campbell
11-15-2007, 04:00 PM
Is that why sis always got the better Xmas presents?

That fat bastard was pimpin her out!

swede
11-16-2007, 03:34 PM
I teach in a tough neighborhood, but this is the first year that little snickers and knowing smirks rolled through my little group of six-year-old street urchins when we read a story about a man that needed to hoe his garden: "He hoed his garden. Hoe, hoe, hoe." One kind and sensitive child helpfully informed me that, "That's not a nice word."

Another innocent word pirated, along with the word gay.

Scott Campbell
11-16-2007, 04:21 PM
I teach in a tough neighborhood, but this is the first year that little snickers and knowing smirks rolled through my little group of six-year-old street urchins when we read a story about a man that needed to hoe his garden: "He hoed his garden. Hoe, hoe, hoe." One kind and sensitive child helpfully informed me that, "That's not a nice word."

6 year olds????

What the hell?

GrnBay007
11-16-2007, 04:32 PM

6 year olds????

What the hell?

Sad!!

retailguy
11-16-2007, 06:27 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

How stupid.

HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!!!

Partial
11-16-2007, 06:53 PM
leave britney alone

MadtownPacker
11-16-2007, 07:32 PM
6 year olds????

What the hell?

Sad!!If you guys dont understand this is the world you live in then you guys are outdated. I agree, lil kids cant be lil kids anymore. But what do you expect from a media and a population that find a way to inject sex and violence into almost everything.