PDA

View Full Version : Small Rant By Me

ND72
11-15-2007, 07:49 PM
I know we have some big games coming up, but I've been seeing a TON of posts on Packers vs. Cowboys....that's 3 games away. We still have to deal with Carolina, which could be a HUGE trap game for us because we have Detroit and Dallas following that. And, oh, we have Detroit in Detroit on Thanksgiving day...of which we always struggle.

Can we focus a bit more and worry more about Carolina before we start disecting Dallas?

MJZiggy
11-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Lol, I was just thinking that EXACT same thing.

RashanGary
11-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah, me to. Everything we do really effects the outcome of the game. Let's work together and keep this thing on track guys :roll:

Scott Campbell
11-15-2007, 07:57 PM
I know we have some big games coming up, but I've been seeing a TON of posts on Packers vs. Cowboys....that's 3 games away. We still have to deal with Carolina, which could be a HUGE trap game for us because we have Detroit and Dallas following that. And, oh, we have Detroit in Detroit on Thanksgiving day...of which we always struggle.

Can we focus a bit more and worry more about Carolina before we start disecting Dallas?

Too late. I've already booked my hotel room in Phoenix for the Superbowl, and stocked up on silver polish for our inevitable Lombardi trophy.

On to more pressing matters. So who should we draft with the 32nd pick?

:lol:

ND72
11-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Yeah, me to. Everything we do really effects the outcome of the game. Let's work together and keep this thing on track guys :roll:

That wasn't the idea...but I am a former athlete, and a coach...so I'm beyond superstitious....so I just would rather spend our time talking about our next game which could mean a TON as opposed to a game 2 weeks from now, where we could potentially be 10-1, or 8-3 going into it. If we lose sunday, it hurts us in many ways. Another chance to get a game up on Detroit, which is the most important part in my mind right now, and an opportunity to stay within distance of Dallas.

I knwo we have nothing to do with it...but I would like to stress the importance over this weeks game opposed to a game 3 games from now.

Scott Campbell
11-15-2007, 08:01 PM
I hear Harlan hasn't changed his lucky underwear since the Washington game.

RashanGary
11-15-2007, 08:02 PM
I admit taht I get a little to into the game at times but damn, these people live thier weeks like they, themselves, are planning for the next game and focusing on the job at task. Sheesh. . We're fans. Those quotes from coaches and players only apply to coaches and players because their attitudes are the only ones that effect the outcome. That's why they say they leave it up to the fans and media to make those decisiosn. Are we fans/media or are we members of the Packers? Think about that before you get all focused on what you have to do when you really don't have anything to do accpet anylize and watch your team.

Scott Campbell
11-15-2007, 08:03 PM
ND was a player/coach. I totally respect where he's coming from.

Me? I'm just giddy from the 8-1 start. I never saw this coming. If we were in a bar right now, I'd be buyin for everybody. Except Bearman.

RashanGary
11-15-2007, 08:05 PM
I see where you're coming from ND. You crashed on my "looking ahead" party so I'm bitter :) Plus I'm defensive becuase I've taken a little beating lately.

ND72
11-15-2007, 08:16 PM
I've been looking ahead as well, but Carolina scares me for that very reason. It could quickly turn into a trap game for us, and I don't want that to happen this weekend.

retailguy
11-15-2007, 08:19 PM

Ahem!.... Don't you mean the 31st pick? The Patriots lost their pick after all.... :wink:

MJZiggy
11-15-2007, 08:20 PM
ND was a player/coach. I totally respect where he's coming from.

Me? I'm just giddy from the 8-1 start. I never saw this coming. If we were in a bar right now, I'd be buyin for everybody. Except Bearman.

Dammit, I'm never in the right bar at the right time!! The only reason I don't really want to talk the Cowboy game to death yet is because if we happen to blow the two before it, and they don't, then it's much less meaningful. Actually, now that I think about it, the same applies if we win the next two and the Cowhands blow them. Go Washington!!

Brando19
11-15-2007, 08:26 PM

Neither have I!!! :lol: So you've booked your SB seats to watch the Pack? I'm already wondering if the Super Bowl will be Favre's last game or if he'll play in the Pro Bowl. 8-)

MJZiggy
11-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Is anyone gonna be willing to sit next to you by then is the question...

Carolina_Packer
11-15-2007, 08:33 PM

Too late. I've already booked my hotel room in Phoenix for the Superbowl, and stocked up on silver polish for our inevitable Lombardi trophy.

Will you be in the war room next April to guide Thompson? Which players are you leaning toward recommending to him? BTW, enjoy Arizona!

Scott Campbell
11-15-2007, 08:35 PM

Neither have I!!! :lol: So you've booked your SB seats to watch the Pack? I'm already wondering if the Super Bowl will be Favre's last game or if he'll play in the Pro Bowl. 8-)

I can't imagine retiring after the year he's had. Elway won two Superbowls, but he was just not the same player that he was earlier in his career. Brett is still every bit the player that he was as a young Packer.

If his body continues to hold up, I like his chances of playing again next year.

Scott Campbell
11-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Will you be in the war room next April to guide Thompson? Which players are you leaning toward recommending to him? BTW, enjoy Arizona!

Me guide Ted? Are you crazy? Wasn't 1 Tony Mandarich enough?

Scott Campbell
11-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Neither have I!!! :lol:

Hmmm. I suppose you've got your own winning "streak" going.

Carolina_Packer
11-15-2007, 08:40 PM
I've been looking ahead as well, but Carolina scares me for that very reason. It could quickly turn into a trap game for us, and I don't want that to happen this weekend.

Yep, ND, we've come close to 9-1 two times in Favre's tenure; 1996 and 2002, but each time they couldn't close the deal, in fact lost two in a row (albeit on the road both times). I posted about this today:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=9521

Partial
11-15-2007, 08:50 PM
One game at a time. Playing Dallas or Detroit won't mean nearly as much if they lose to Carolina.

Brando19
11-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Neither have I!!! :lol:

Hmmm. I suppose you've got your own winning "streak" going.

HAHAHAHAHA...I guess I do! (J/K!!) :lol:

MadtownPacker
11-15-2007, 09:08 PM
One game at a time. Playing Dallas or Detroit won't mean nearly as much if they lose to Carolina.Thats not true. Beating CAR and losing to detroit would not be the end of the world. The Pack would have 2 losses so they would have to beat the cowgirls to give them 2 losses and take control of the NFC standings.

HarveyWallbangers
11-15-2007, 09:26 PM
And, oh, we have Detroit in Detroit on Thanksgiving day...of which we always struggle.

Is this true? Haven't we done pretty well their recently and on Thanksgiving? I remember the game McMahon brought them back, but we won. I remember the blowout with the throwbacks unis. I remember Walter Stanley housing that punt return.

SkinBasket
11-15-2007, 09:29 PM

Whatever, we're trading down.

Deputy Nutz
11-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Who gives a shit, we are fans, we can look ahead and it doesn't mean dick.

Lurker64
11-16-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm just wondering where they're going to put the fourth Lombardi Trophy, did they plan around having space for it in the Atrium?

oregonpackfan
11-16-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm just wondering where they're going to put the fourth Lombardi Trophy, did they plan around having space for it in the Atrium?

The Lombardi Trophy would go in the Packers Hall of Fall next to the other 3 Lombardi Trophies. There is plenty of room in that display area for a 4th trophy!

run pMc
11-16-2007, 08:35 AM
Agree the next 3 games are very important: DAL for the playoof implications, DET for the driver's seat for the division crown. A win vs. CAR puts the pressure on DAL & DET to keep up.
That being said, overlooking CAR will be a mistake. Even with their starting QB on IR and having to start Vinny off the couch, you don't think John Fox will be coaching for his life? That team has underachieved this year. If they come in and play desperate they will be a handful.

"Any given Sunday"...."one game at a time"...and all the other cliches apply.

One other thing: the next 3 games are in a span of 17 days. Not much recovery or preparation time in-between. If GB wins 2 out of 3 and stays healthy, they're in good shape.

Tarlam!
11-16-2007, 09:09 AM
If GB wins 2 out of 3 and stays healthy, they're in good shape.

If we only get to win 2, then I hope the loss comes on Sunday and we beat DET and DAL.

Carolina_Packer
11-16-2007, 11:02 AM
I think it would take a major letdown to lose to Carolina. That's not to say the Panthers have no chance, but I think their chances are more predicated on Green Bay not taking care of it's own business, rather than any huge threat from Carolina.

With the exception of the Bears game and part of the Redskins game, this team has really taken care of it's business and been well prepared and played well. I can't see McCarthy and staff allowing a let down. Yes, you shouln't count your wins before they're hatched, for sure. But, you also should move forward confidently and not worry about the other shoe dropping, or a letdown. Sometimes you lose because you mess up too much (Bears game), and sometimes you lose because the other team plays better than you. We'll see if that might be Dallas in a couple of weeks. The way the Pack is playing, I think they'll have the confidence to go into Dallas and will expect to play well, not hope.