PDA

View Full Version : Fox names Testaverde the starter

HarveyWallbangers
11-16-2007, 11:22 AM
I was kind of hoping for Carr. KGB and Kampman both could have gone over 10 sacks for the season.
:D

Fox names Testaverde the starter
Stan Olson, Charlotte Observer

Carolina Panthers coach John Fox announced after practice Friday that Vinny Testaverde would start at quarterback over David Carr in Sunday's game at Green Bay.

Also Friday, wide receiver Steve Smith missed his third straight practice with a sore shin. He's listed as questionable for Sunday.

cpk1994
11-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Since Testaverde is a statue, they probably do that anyway. :)

I was kind of hoping for Carr. KGB and Kampman both could have gone over 10 sacks for the season.
:D

Fox names Testaverde the starter
Stan Olson, Charlotte Observer

Carolina Panthers coach John Fox announced after practice Friday that Vinny Testaverde would start at quarterback over David Carr in Sunday's game at Green Bay.

Also Friday, wide receiver Steve Smith missed his third straight practice with a sore shin. He's listed as questionable for Sunday.

Badgerinmaine
11-16-2007, 11:36 AM
With how beat up Carr was in Houston, that's got to be the most sacked quarterback duo in the NFL. :P What's your over-under pick on Packer sacks Sunday?

OS PA
11-16-2007, 02:41 PM
With how beat up Carr was in Houston, that's got to be the most sacked quarterback duo in the NFL. :P What's your over-under pick on Packer sacks Sunday?

LL2
11-16-2007, 03:03 PM
Well, two of the oldest QB's starting in the same game. I bet the anouncers will make some kind of joke. What is their combined age? 79?

]{ilr]3
11-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Well, two of the oldest QB's starting in the same game. I bet the anouncers will make some kind of joke. What is their combined age? 79?

Favre 38, Testiclverde 44 = 82

MadtownPacker
11-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Almost 40 years of professional QBing between them too!

KYPack
11-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Vinny will fling the ball away. He's never liked to take the sack.

Carr gets frozen and goes down and goes down hard!

Tarlam!
11-17-2007, 02:52 AM
Vinny will fling the ball away. He's never liked to take the sack.

Carr gets frozen and goes down and goes down hard!

Vinnie came off the couch and beat Arizona, so, he can still play.

If I am Coach Sanders, I gotta be predicting Vinnie will throw darts towards Rouse's area of the field. If our front 7 get enough pressure going, this will reduce the risk, but I suspect this will be the game in which we find out if Rouse can play.

Of course, Steve Smith is banged up, so maybe he won't be as agressive running routes. Do they have enough WR's and a capable TE to challenge Rouse?