PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre on Fox Sports Radio

Brando19
11-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Brett Favre was on Fox Sports Radio. I found these quotes on Foxsports.com.

Favre on retiring:
Brett Favre, on Fox Sports Radio, asked if he would retire from the Packers should they win the Super Bowl? "You know, it would be easy to say yes, but I think the way I'm handling it and approaching it is just take it as it comes. That would be great, but I also think, you have that success again - you go to a Superbowl - say you win it - say you lose it - either way you go, boy, man, that was a lot of fun - It'd be time to re-think and come back again and you know, I've had people say both. I mean, hey, you don't want to go out on a down year, but regardless, to me, when I do decide to go out, it's always gonna be up. I mean, it's been a wonderful career. One game, one play does not define me. It's been a wonderful ride and, from that standpoint, it makes it easier to leave, but it still will be very hard."

Favre on getting older:
Packers QB Brett Favre, appearing on Fox Sports Radio, asked what's the worst part about getting old? "Getting older! That's the worst thing about it! It's a shame that it has to end. In this sport, or in sports in general, you can only play so long. You can be a doctor, you can do other things forever, basically, but it's a shame - and I use examples like Joe Montana, Steve Young and Jerry Rice and John Elway and Dan Marino - those guys had to give it up because boy, they were sure a lot of fun to watch." -- Fox Sports Radio

Also..I found this......

Brett Favre has never started a season 9-1 thru 10 games (8-1 twice before---1996 and 2002). Dating to last season, the Packers are now 12-1 in their last 13 regular-season games. ... If Vinny Testaverde (44 years, 5 days old on Sunday) starts vs. Green Bay, he and Brett Favre (38 years, 39 days old on Sunday), will combine for the oldest starting QB duo in history (82 years, 44 days).