PDA

View Full Version : A Fighting Chance At The Perfect Ending

Scott Campbell
11-17-2007, 06:29 AM
Anyone who said that Brett's play the last few years has tarnished his legacy and standing on the all time great list will probably be forced to rethink their position. A MVP trophy doesn't necessarily put him at the top of the all time great list, but a Lombardi trophy might - especially if he's clearly the best player on the team at age 38. Did anyone else towards the top of that list dominate this late in their career?

Superbowl talk should seem crazy for this team. They've come from nowhere with a roster full of no-names and one icon previously relegated to has been status by nearly everyone not bleeding green and gold on Sundays. But with the recent hint of a running game, do the Packers have a glaring weakness? It might still be far fetched, but it’s no longer lunacy to think that this Packer team has a shot at a World Championship.

Even if we go into the tank down the stretch, this year has been incredibly special because of what the team has accomplished in the first 9 weeks. Maybe that’s because we were already all but eliminated by week 5 of the previous 2 seasons. This white hot start has given every Green Bay fan what we always wanted for Brett - a fighting chance to scribe the perfect story book ending.

Tarlam!
11-17-2007, 06:53 AM
A lot of the chips have fallen our way this year:

Chicago imploding
Reid's decision to start the season with a PR
N.O.'s lousy start
Michael Vick out. Harrington in,

A whole bunch more could be added by other posters, I guess.

But the Packers have held together. TT has been rewarding guys, M3 has the teams imagination and they are executing, mostly anyway.

And, I truly believe, no matter how much he denies it, BF is playing the game more maturely than he did the last few years. He claims he the same old Brett. I think he's the wise old Brett.

Credit to M3 for giving him options at the line, certainly. But just having options and implementing the right ones is a big difference. The implementation is all on Brett.

I agree, we have a better shot at winning it all than many even still might think we have. Especially if the chips continue to fall our way...

RashanGary
11-17-2007, 08:25 AM
The next 3 games are going to set the bar. If we win all three, everyone should be thinking Superbowl. Maybe not SB win, but SB appearance anyway.

b bulldog
11-17-2007, 09:47 AM
aGREE, I'd rather have them lose to the Lions than the Boys if I had to pick one. Dallas looks very good.

]{ilr]3
11-17-2007, 09:48 AM
If this team keeps improving and stays injury free. I could see them making it to the SB and putting up a good enough fight to have a chance at the Prize! 8-)

The way the offence tore the Vikings a new one is very encouraging. Yes, they have week corners and tried alot of things defensively they shouldnt have against the Pack, but I felt the play calling and execution was near perfect.

I hope to see more of the same against the Panthers this week :lol:

Carolina_Packer
11-17-2007, 10:25 AM
The thing I consistently heard from last week is how MM outcoached BC. To do that, you also have to have great execution, and Favre is making that possible. Sure they were a little jacked with some of the throws in the first half, but then the defense showed that it is growing and growing and gives the offense and Brett a margin for error. Once Brett settled down, he seemed to find a good rhythm and tempo, and the running game was huge.

Brett trusts his receivers, and he has a lot of targets to choose from. This year's team is winning the single or last possession games, and their confidence has built to this point and should only build from here. It's huge to go out on a field and know/believe you can play with anyone. We have a coach who can coach and make adjustments and a QB that is almost a coach on the field, and some really young, talented, hungry players. If they keep from Indy-type inuries, why not Green Bay?