PDA

View Full Version : Back to his old Diggs

CaliforniaCheez
11-17-2007, 01:07 PM
http://www.panthers.com/panthers/uploadedImages/News/Articles/ndpack(1).jpg

Brett Borden Panthers.com.

What goes around comes around in the NFL. If you play long enough, and for more than one team, there is no escaping this truth. And so it is that linebacker Na’il Diggs, he of the eight-year NFL resume, finds himself playing in the same place he called home for six years, only this time for the visiting team.

“I had a great time up there,” said Diggs of Green Bay, where he wore the yellow helmet and green jersey for 84 games from 2000-2005 before signing with Carolina in the 2006 offseason. “Does it get cold there? Yes, but there’s not so much to do outside of football, anyway. And I’m not really a big partying guy. So it was a great experience, something I’ll remember forever. I was there for six seasons and I won a lot of games there. We did some really good things.”

The Packers are doing some good things this year, winning eight of their first nine games to become one of the League’s most pleasant surprises. That they’re doing it with a 38-year old quarterback, Brett Favre, who broke the NFL record for touchdown passes and is still chasing the total yards mark, gives this season a special feel. It’s just another part of the lore that surrounds Lambeau Field, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary this season.

According to Diggs, playing at Lambeau is not unlike playing at Yankee Stadium or Michigan Stadium. The fans are plentiful and they have plenty of knowledge about the game.

“The crowd is one of the more ‘in tune’ crowds in the League,” said Diggs. “Not only that, but that’s their team, and it’s like their baby. They’re very into tradition and history, and that stadium is very rich in history.”

Green Bay, one of the NFL’s oldest franchises, has 21 players in the NFL Hall of Fame. A lead pipe cinch to be the 22nd is Favre, who is having his best season in quite a while, passing for 2,757 yards and 16 touchdowns.

“I think he’s healthy right now,” said Diggs. “A couple of years ago he was going through some things mentally and physically. Now it seems like he’s healthy and he’s playing lights out. It’s the Brett Favre I knew when I came into the League.

“He’s a special player. Defensivley, we knew that we could go out there and not have our best day and still be okay. I’m really excited to play against him. I mean, I played against him in practice every day, but there was a lot of joking around. It’s going to be interesting playing against him in serious and competitive mode.”

http://www.panthers.com/panthers/uploadedImages/News/Articles/ndleft(1).jpg

Sometimes you sign too good of a contract and you don't get to finish it.