PDA

View Full Version : Donnell Washington

Travbrew
05-12-2006, 04:10 PM
So I'm at my bosses house helping him with some duct work on his new addition, and in walks his electrician. My boss says "Mr. Washington's son plays for the Packers". Mr. Washington (the electirician) sees my Packer shirt and asks if I'm a fan and all. "Of course" I reply, "I take it Donnell is your son?" Yes, blah, blah, blah (insert assorted small talk). Anyway. I've lived in Beaufort, SC for a year and never realized that's where Donnell is from. So the conversation eventually goes to "playing time" and how we both wish for Donnell to get more time on the field.
I didn't have the heart to tell him that I wasn't too sure that he'd be on the team, considering the shape he showed up to mini-camp in. Not to mention the lack of performance up to this point.
Mr. Washington said "last year when I talked to coach Sherman about playing time, he assured me Donnell will be alright."
After meeting his dad, I'm starting to wish he'd pull his head out and do something.
OK I'm done with my rant. Just thought I would share with you all. Oh, I went golfing after that. What a day.

Harlan Huckleby
05-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Dad might be teaching son a new trade next fall.

Guiness
05-12-2006, 05:08 PM
wow - lucky you didn't say 'you don't mean that lardass who was benched through training camp, do you??? Lota guys I know think he'll be sparking up a spliff with Cleduis by the first week of September'

:razz:

KYPack
05-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Maybe he can teach him how to disconnect burgler alarms.

Cause he ain't gonna be a pro football player.

RashanGary
05-12-2006, 05:14 PM
LOL...

Torrance Marshall's brother used to live in my bosses duplex. He used to say that the Packers should be starting his bro and he cannot fathom why he's not seeing action.

Family members are blind to reality because they do not follow the team. They listen to their family members and all of these duds usually don't understand what they did wrong to lose their oppertunity.

It's sad how clueless these people are. That is why it's nice to hear these new rookies who all talk aobut what a great oppertunity they have adn hwo they have to seize the oppertunity.

MJZiggy
05-12-2006, 05:17 PM
It's easy enough to say you've been given a great opportunity in getting drafted; it's another thing altogether to act like you believe it. Can't wait to see these guys in unis.

RashanGary
05-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Johnny Jolly was on the 107.5 after mini-camp. Harry Sydney is an ex-player and one of those guys who spent a lot of time around winning organizations *Sanfrancisco during the good years and GB during the SB years*. He was telling Johnny to take this serious and to seize the moment. It was kind of touching really. Jolly responded by saying "yes, sir" "I understand" ect...You could hear the respect and sincerity in his voice. Say what you will, but I have a decent feel for people. I will say right now that Johnny Jolly will have a place on this team. He is going to be a hard worker and a real football player. He had the physical skills but he got injured. He slipped to us late but he has got it physically. Does he have it upstairs? He answered that question to me on that radio show.

MadtownPacker
05-13-2006, 12:36 AM
Too bad for his Dad. Did he know Sherm isnt coach anymore?

Travbrew
05-13-2006, 06:10 AM
Mad,
Funny you would say that, I got the distinct impression that he didn't know Sherman had been canned.

Deputy Nutz
05-13-2006, 09:10 AM
How would his dad know if Donnell still doesn't know?

I think Donnell rolled into mini camp and was like, "oh what is this shit? Where the fuck is Sherman?"

hurleyfan
05-13-2006, 10:28 AM
LOL...

Torrance Marshall's brother used to live in my bosses duplex. He used to say that the Packers should be starting his bro and he cannot fathom why he's not seeing action.

Family members are blind to reality because they do not follow the team. They listen to their family members and all of these duds usually don't understand what they did wrong to lose their oppertunity.

It's sad how clueless these people are. That is why it's nice to hear these new rookies who all talk aobut what a great oppertunity they have adn hwo they have to seize the oppertunity. hey Nick, wonder if TM's brother knew about, WTF was that girl's name on JSO that was shouting up how good TM was?? Remember that Jerry Springer - like thread!

RashanGary
05-13-2006, 10:37 AM
I think Donnell rolled into mini camp and was like, "oh what is this shit? Where the fuck is Sherman?"

Pricelessly funny :lol: ........disappointingly true. :cry:

MadtownPacker
05-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Mad,
Funny you would say that, I got the distinct impression that he didn't know Sherman had been canned.

Man, I wonder how long he will think his son is still in the NFL if he gets cut. Donnell should be more honest with his pops. Probably tells him he wears Jenkins # and got some sacks.

Deputy Nutz
05-13-2006, 02:31 PM
hey Nick, wonder if TM's brother knew about, WTF was that girl's name on JSO that was shouting up how good TM was?? Remember that Jerry Springer - like thread!

That was the greatest thread ever on JSO. I think the guy that kept threatening to go to the cops might have been the hacker. At the end of the thread we all kind of started making fun of him, and he said that he was leaving, but if we kept talking shit that we should be careful because he was a hacker.

oregonpackfan
05-13-2006, 02:58 PM
I think Donnell may realize there is a new Sheriff in town and that he either needs to shap up or ship out. McCarthy is not going to enable him like Sherman did.

Oregonpackfan

Harlan Huckleby
05-13-2006, 03:15 PM
I think Donnell may realize there is a new Sheriff in town and that he either needs to shap up or ship out. McCarthy is not going to enable him like Sherman did.
Oregonpackfan

Who knows what McCarthy is going to be like. He's enabling Favre to skip minicamp, just like Sherman.

MJZiggy
05-13-2006, 03:17 PM
Why is he doing that? He had him at the first one and Favre is scheduled for 10 of 14 OTA's. Why is he letting him skip this one?

Harlan Huckleby
05-13-2006, 03:22 PM
On the surface, it doesn't make sense for Favre to miss mini-camp. But I don't judge it too much, there must be more to the story.

Deputy Nutz
05-13-2006, 04:05 PM
I heard this on the radio, but my guess would be to pimp Rodgers as much as they can in case Favre is playing like crap and they make change during a game or two, I think it is play that McCarthy is using.

hurleyfan
05-13-2006, 06:48 PM
hey Nick, wonder if TM's brother knew about, WTF was that girl's name on JSO that was shouting up how good TM was?? Remember that Jerry Springer - like thread!

That was the greatest thread ever on JSO. I think the guy that kept threatening to go to the cops might have been the hacker. At the end of the thread we all kind of started making fun of him, and he said that he was leaving, but if we kept talking shit that we should be careful because he was a hacker.It was at least ONE of the greatest threads! Definetley had some chuckles over that one..

BTW,
I think Lori was her name, can't recall the "police boy"

retailguy
05-13-2006, 06:54 PM
I heard this on the radio, but my guess would be to pimp Rodgers as much as they can in case Favre is playing like crap and they make change during a game or two, I think it is play that McCarthy is using.

Don't you think it could be because Favre is a known commodity and we no longer have an experienced backup in the event of an injury? Nall had been here for four years, knew the offense and could have 'managed' a game. Rodgers has no freaking clue what he's doing and he's all we've got in the event of an injury.

Favre can adapt and can improvise when necessary. Rodgers does not have that luxury.

MJZiggy
05-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Whatta ya mean Rodgers is all we've got for backup!! Have you forgotten Arth and Wrobel, Not to mention Ingle (nook) Martin? What about them??? :wink:

hurleyfan
05-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Rogers has no REAL experience as a backup, so there is a big question mark..

But what about Lori, and Torrence, and the police boy?

Joemailman
05-13-2006, 07:35 PM
McCarthy had said some time ago that he was going to be careful about how much throwing Favre will do before the season. So while skipping the second mini-camp may be Favre's idea, I don't think it will change McCarthy's plans. Rodgers and Ingle would probably be getting most of the reps anyway.

Deputy Nutz
05-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Rogers has no REAL experience as a backup, so there is a big question mark..

But what about Lori, and Torrence, and the police boy?

Wasn't Lori a cop as well? Or did she just work in a police station?

hurleyfan
05-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Wan't Lori the girlfriend, protecting the ever innocent Torrence??

swede
05-13-2006, 08:34 PM
That thread was well underway when I logged in after a few days away. It was already huge, and every so often it would get bumped up on top again.

To begin with, wasn't some chick looking for Torrance Marshall? And so she posted on JSO asking if any of us Wisconsin people had seen Torrance. Later, I even think some guy logged on and argued with people about stuff, and I think he said the chick was in jail for a while. There were pages and pages in there I remember that. Weird.

Do you think when they cut somebody like Donnel Washington he gets to go the main office for some parting gifts.

Penlight keychains with the Packer logo. An autographed picture of Bob Harlan. Packer G coasters. Choose between a Packer golf umbrella or an inflatable chair in Green and Gold. An invitation to the Packer wives fashion show fundraiser.

RashanGary
05-13-2006, 08:42 PM
I used to be all football and I didn't really read OT threads. I remember the tread but I never touched it that I recall. Wierd, now I'd be all over it.

Deputy Nutz
05-13-2006, 08:56 PM
I don't know where that thread would have fit here on Packer Rats. I guess it had to do with football in a strange and sick way.

Maybe when Donnell gets cut, Sherman will convince the Texans to pick him up. Then he can tell his dad that he was traded and that Sherman made good on his promise.