PDA

View Full Version : flexed scheduling...

Pacopete4
11-18-2007, 09:52 PM
patriots on sunday night football again next week?... stupid

didnt know nbc turned into espn when baseball season is around and the only team they cover is the yankees

Carolina_Packer
11-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Yep, not good for the meeting room where you have to guarantee numbers and results. It would be interesting to see how they front load the most expensive ads at the beginning of this game vs. the lesser expensive ones later in the game. It would also be interesting to see how many viewers start watching a Patriots game vs. the number of viewers who finish one. It may be irrelevant to the average person, but there are people who plunk down a lot of money for ads who would want to know for sure.

Bretsky
11-18-2007, 11:45 PM
I love the idea

To be honest besides the Packers and Rams (my second favorite team) I enjoy watching the Patriots team playing above any other. I'd watch that machine every week if I could

Partial
11-18-2007, 11:49 PM
I love the idea

To be honest besides the Packers and Rams (my second favorite team) I enjoy watching the Patriots team playing above any other. I'd watch that machine every week if I could

Why? I'd much rather watch a good, close game with warriors out there fighting. I wish the Browns got more air time. That is a team that fights for every snap of every game.

Bretsky
11-19-2007, 12:00 AM
I love the idea

Why? I'd much rather watch a good, close game with warriors out there fighting. I wish the Browns got more air time. That is a team that fights for every snap of every game.

The offensive execution is unreal; as an ex coach I appreciate how well they do things. However, I'd rather have them play teams that can at least keep it respectable.

The Leaper
11-19-2007, 09:22 AM
I didn't watch the game last night. I knew it would be a blow out. What's the point?

mmmdk
11-19-2007, 09:29 AM
I didn't watch the game last night. I knew it would be a blow out. What's the point?

It's bad for football; I don't enjoy Pats games unless they lose or are close.

Not even the Michael Jordan years were like this; this is ridiculous.

FritzDontBlitz
11-19-2007, 09:33 AM

Same here. I turned to the game, but as soon as I saw it was the Pats I turned it off.

If i wanted to watch teams run up the score I'd watch women's college basketball. At least that way I can enjoy the view....

Carolina_Packer
11-19-2007, 09:42 AM

Same here. I turned to the game, but as soon as I saw it was the Pats I turned it off.

If i wanted to watch teams run up the score I'd watch women's college basketball. At least that way I can enjoy the view....

Yeah, at least basketball with Michael Jordan was individualistic enough that even if the team had a big lead, you could still watch to see incredible plays. The Patriots are so surgical and dominant, that I bet people who care about ratings and ads being seen are not in love with the Patriots. I bet the comments in this thread are a reflection of many other people's reaction. If the games are not competitive and are in hand by the end of the first half, what's to compel people to keep watching? That's why I made the comment about NBC front loading their best ad spots early in the game. By the second half, who besides a die-hard football fan or a Pats fan is watching?

MadScientist
11-19-2007, 10:36 AM
patriots on sunday night football again next week?... stupid

didnt know nbc turned into espn when baseball season is around and the only team they cover is the yankees
Thats not true. They also cover the Red Sox.
In the same vein, I'm sure the Technicolor Turkey network will cover the Cowboys as well.

(In NBC's defense they did want the GB-Carolina game, but GB balked with the short week coming up.)

BallHawk
11-19-2007, 11:12 AM

I'm sure Don Imus is thinking the same thing......

:D