PDA

View Full Version : Most Improved Position on O This Season

Zool
11-18-2007, 10:28 PM
TE with Donald Lee. Over the last 2 seasons, we see what happens to our passing attack when the opposing safeties don't have to account for the TE. They can keep both deep and keep a LB on the TE. Beason got absolutely worked on that seam route today. That keeps the safeties eyeing the 10-15 yard range between the hashes and leaves them open to pump fakes and lets the WR's get behind them. TE is making a big difference to the entire O.

Any other nominees?

MJZiggy
11-18-2007, 10:34 PM
WR. Even though Jennings had a good reason to be off his game last season, it's so nice that we don't see triple teams on Driver this year. And props to the o-line, I know we give 'em hell, but this time last year they were running a LOT more max protect and Favre still doesn't land on his ass very often. We even have some running room occasionally...

Scott Campbell
11-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Center.

oregonpackfan
11-18-2007, 11:26 PM
QB with Brett Favre. I think Brett has bought into 3M's system. Brett also has benefited from better WR's and TE positions.

Badgerinmaine
11-19-2007, 04:22 AM
Dang, it's nice to have so many potential correct answers to that question :mrgreen: I'll second Zool's nomination.

Cheesehead Craig
11-19-2007, 07:24 AM
Donald Lee at TE. He's opened up the offense more than any other player, IMO.

FritzDontBlitz
11-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Offensive coordinator. Jagoffzinski sucked.

Noodle
11-19-2007, 04:28 PM
I'd say Wells has improved his game a ton, but then, didn't exactly suck last year. Favre, on the other hand, did suck.

There are a lot of reasons why, some not his fault, but the dude was playing at about a 60 QB rating clip for a bunch of games (he ended up around 73 or so), making bad decisions, throwing with poor accuracy, and just not getting it done.

This year, he's a damn world beater, easily in the same tier as Manning and Brady, and perhaps an edge better. No way you could make that argument last year. It's the most important position on the field, and Favre's turn around is nothing less than stunning.

So yes, it's been great to have improved TE play, and it's nice the OL can passpro without having to go max protect, but you still need to have a guy deliver the ball downfield with intelligence and accuracy, and this year Favre has gone from USPS to FedEx.