PDA

View Full Version : Bring on the Lions

Partial
11-18-2007, 11:12 PM
It sure will be nice to get Packer football again in just a few short days.

oregonpackfan
11-18-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm not sure the players will be agreeing with you but I agree as a Packer fan, it will be nice to see them again in a few days. :)

CaliforniaCheez
11-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Put your hands around the Lion's neck and feel the roar!!

Iron Mike
11-19-2007, 06:28 AM
http://www.packerpalace.com/palace/kittens22.jpg

Joemailman
11-19-2007, 06:35 AM
Lions will come out fighting. Packers win and the division is theirs. Lions would still have an outside chance if they can win. However, the Lions have been very inconsistent this year. If the Packers can match the intensity, they should win.

Tarlam!
11-19-2007, 07:00 AM
I know we kid about them, but they can play.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8045028f

They should not have lost last week....

That Calvin J is a freak. Kitna had record yards. He can make the throws. We'll know what we have in Rouse after Turkey Day, I strongly suspect.

I bet M3 isn't underestimating them.

Scott Campbell
11-19-2007, 08:12 AM
We have the opportunity to win 10 games by Thanksgiving Day. Unbelievable. But it's still a road game, and I suspect Detroit will be the favorites.

LL2
11-19-2007, 08:40 AM
The Lions always make me nervous on Thanksgiving day. I hope the Pack can put them away early.

Partial
11-19-2007, 09:19 AM
I surely hope they don't overlook them. I hope they took the night off yesterday, and are getting right back into game planning and working against the scout team today.

So who is going to cover Calvin and who gets Roy? I know Al and Roy have a bit of a rivalry, so I suspect they'll go that route. Calvin is 6'6", so it might be to our advantage to have Al on him to get the quality jam at the line.

The key to this game imo will be the defensive line. If we pressure Kitna consistently, we'll have this one on lockdown.

Fritz
11-19-2007, 10:21 AM
I see a very, very tough game. Traditionally - before the last couple of years, anyway - the Lions got all keyed up on Turkey Day and would play with lots of emotion. I suspect they'll come out swinging on Thursday.

Partial is right - the key to the game will be the work of the defensive fronts. If the Pack's front four can generate lots of pressure on Kitna and stop the running game, the talent of the Lions' receivers will not be allowed to shine. If the Packers' o-lind can protect Favre and move Shaun Rogers and Cory Redding a little bit for the running game, life will be good. If the reverse cases occur, it'll be a long day.

Freak Out
11-19-2007, 10:42 AM
This is a fight to the death for the Lions...they need to win this one bad and they know it.

LL2
11-19-2007, 10:57 AM
This is a fight to the death for the Lions...they need to win this one bad and they know it.

That is what scares me...the Lions will be kicking and clawing trying to win.

MadtownPacker
11-19-2007, 11:07 AM
This game is not for the division lead with the lions losing a few recently. I think that plays into the Packs favor. If the lions only had 2 losses and went into this game one game behind the Pack they would play much more confident. Instead I think they ate letting things slip away from them.

Carolina_Packer
11-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Strange, we couldn't run the ball earlier in the season, but were still able to have a good passing offense and most importantly, win games. The Lions are struggling to run the ball and their passing game is not necessarily making up for that. The Lion defense can play tough, but they are also inconsistent. If the Pack O-line can protect Brett, he can carve up (good word for Thanksgiving) the Lions secondary. I don't know what we can get against them on the ground, but they've already proven that they can win without a good run game. The key to this game against their offense will be a strong pass rush and disruptive pressure. The Pack can't play them as soft as they did against Carolina in the second half. I think this team has taken on the personality of McCarthy, which is, "I'm not afraid of you, but I don't get cocky about myself and I prepare like hell to beat you."

3irty1
11-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Al will be on Williams. He has a terrific track record there. Johnson is a freak but Roy is still their clear number 1.

IF we can get pressure on Kitna?!!! Kitna is on pace to get sacked like 70 times! There is no reason to believe that the Packers terrific pass rush won't spend some quality time on top of Jon Kitna.

Everyone is scared of this team because of history. Well history hasn't affected us much this year. I actually think it will be one-sided, like most Lion's losses.