PDA

View Full Version : Are You Qualified To Be An NFL Official?

oregonpackfan
11-18-2007, 11:34 PM
My 13 year old was watching part of the Packers-Panthers game with me today.

At one point, the head referee was facing the camera and explaining a penalty using both gestures and words.

Daughter: Dad, have you thought of applying for a job as an NFL referee?

Me: No, why do you think I should consider it?

Daughter: Well, don't you have to be kind of old? :)

By the time she completes her "Gounding" period around January 1, 2008, she should have thought of more valid reasons why I would be a good NFL official! :lol:

MJZiggy
11-19-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm half blind without my glasses, so I should qualify as well, though I don't quite have that "old" thing down yet. :taunt:

Harlan Huckleby
11-19-2007, 02:19 PM
did anybody catch the dancing referee on Fox yesterday?

Damn, that was funny. It was a cheerleader squad, and a guy who looked very much like a real NFL referee. It fooled me for a bit.

oregonpackfan
11-20-2007, 10:30 AM
did anybody catch the dancing referee on Fox yesterday?

Damn, that was funny. It was a cheerleader squad, and a guy who looked very much like a real NFL referee. It fooled me for a bit.

With all those attractive, young women around, I wonder if he was tempted to do a few "Holding" penalties? :)

MadtownPacker
11-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Man I thought that was a real ref!! I was thinking "damn, he is doing it like it was choreographed". Still great moves by an old white guy.

Harlan Huckleby
11-20-2007, 10:04 PM
damn, I thought for sure somebody would post that funky ref on youtube.

I searched on "cheerleader dancing referee" and it just lead to a bunch of disgusting videos that objectified women.

MJZiggy
11-20-2007, 10:07 PM

I searched on "cheerleader dancing referee" and it just lead to a bunch of disgusting videos that objectified women.

You're doing better than me. All I can find is a gay soccer ref.

Harlan Huckleby
11-20-2007, 10:11 PM

You're doing better than me. All I can find is a gay soccer ref.

I saw that one! It is on there about a hundred times. He was kinda cute, in a european way.