PDA

View Full Version : Two Things To Think About:

Partial
11-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Not to look too far ahead because I don't believe in overlooking the opponents, but...

Coaches always say is it easier to improve from 6-10 to 8-8 than it is to improve from 8-8 to 10-6. We are seeing something very special here.

Nevermind, my facts were wrong on the second point.

Partial
11-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Also, Donald Lee is everything David Martin was supposed to be.

Partial
11-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Also, its kind of nice that after Dallas we will get a 10 day break. Should help with injuries I would think heading into the home stretch. Then we will get another bye for the playoffs :D

OS PA
11-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Also, its kind of nice that after Dallas we will get a 10 day break. Should help with injuries I would think heading into the home stretch. Then we will get another bye for the playoffs :D

We have to worry about this 12 day stretch though. We get Dallas the Thursday after Thanksgiving. Dallas and Green Bay both play on Turkey day, and on the Thanksgiving following. This doesn't bode well for the Packers, because unlike Dallas, the Packers have to go on the rode twice, which means they will get very little time for Thanksgiving celebrations with their families. Hopefully their spirits are high enough to keep them thankful for their record.

Carolina_Packer
11-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Not to look too far ahead because I don't believe in overlooking the opponents, but...

Coaches always say is it easier to improve from 6-10 to 8-8 than it is to improve from 8-8 to 10-6. We are seeing something very special here.

Also, if we beat Detroit we will have a 5 game lead in the division. That means if we beat Dallas the worst we can do is tie for first place w/ Detroit. I'm not sure who would win a tie-breaker.

Very special; I completely agree. This is the best start to a season since 1962's team that started 10-0 (and one could argue that the 2007 Pack should be too).
If we beat Detroit, we have the same exact record the '62 Pack had at the same point of the season, only we will have actualy beaten Detroit on the road, something the '62 Pack couldn't do.

I think the division lead would actually be 4 games, not 5, if the Pack wins against Detroit this Thursday. If we beat Dallas, we'd be 11-1 with 4 games to go and Detroit would be either 6-6 or 7-5. Then, we'd have to have a meltdown the last 4 games and lose at home to Oakland, then @St. Louis, @Chicago and then finally at home against Detroit. That's not a likely scenario. If it did, wouldn't divisional record be used to break a tie? Let's not worry about that scenario, however, and just win out!

Partial
11-19-2007, 09:54 AM

Wrong good sir. We get Dallas the Thursday after Thanksgiving. Dallas and Green Bay both play on Turkey day, and on the Thanksgiving following. This doesn't bode well for the Packers, because unlike Dallas, the Packers have to go on the rode twice, which means they will get very little time for Thanksgiving celebrations with their families. Hopefully their spirits are high enough to keep them thankful for their record.

Right, I mean after the Dallas game they have 10 days before the next game. Oakland, right?

OS PA
11-19-2007, 09:55 AM

Wrong good sir. We get Dallas the Thursday after Thanksgiving. Dallas and Green Bay both play on Turkey day, and on the Thanksgiving following. This doesn't bode well for the Packers, because unlike Dallas, the Packers have to go on the rode twice, which means they will get very little time for Thanksgiving celebrations with their families. Hopefully their spirits are high enough to keep them thankful for their record.

Right, I mean after the Dallas game they have 10 days before the next game. Oakland, right?

Lol, sorry, it's been a long night, didn't even realize that you were talking about after Dallas.

Partial
11-19-2007, 09:56 AM

Lol, sorry, it's been a long night, didn't even realize that you were talking about after Dallas.

I hear you on the long night. Lots of studying for this week before Turkey day. As a matter of fact I am procrastinating doing that as we speak :D

OS PA
11-19-2007, 09:58 AM

I hear you on the long night. Lots of studying for this week before Turkey day. As a matter of fact I am procrastinating doing that as we speak :D

Yep, I'm starting a paper that's due in 3 hours.

On a side note, is there any chance that we'll get Blackmon, Collins, and Bubba back for the Dallas game? I could see the Packers playing three safeties on obvious passing downs, which would allow us to put Collins on top of Harris' coverage of TO. I'd also put Rouse up on the line against Witten.

Carolina_Packer
11-19-2007, 09:58 AM

Righto.

Week12 Nov 22 GB @ DET 12:30 PM

Week 13 Nov 29 GB @ DAL 8:15 PM

Week 14 Dec 09 OAK @ GB 1:00 PM

Week 15 Dec 16 GB @ STL 1:00 PM

Week 16 Dec 23 GB @ CHI 1:00 PM

Week 17 Dec 30 DET @ GB 1:00 PM

Partial
11-19-2007, 10:00 AM
[quote="Partial"][quote=OS PA]
Yep, I'm starting a paper that's due in 3 hours.

On a side note, is there any chance that we'll get Blackmon, Collins, and Bubba back for the Dallas game? I could see the Packers playing three safeties on obvious passing downs, which would allow us to put Collins on top of Harris' coverage of TO. I'd also put Rouse up on the line against Witten.

I don't think they'd do that. I think the best way to defend TO is to blitz, blitz, blitz and hope Al gets a solid jam on him. Gotta have Romo on edge and dumping the ball off on hot reads and in the flat.