PDA

View Full Version : From S.I.'s Andrew Perloff - when did THIS happen?!

K-town
05-12-2006, 06:37 PM
DENVER BRONCOS
Key question: Who's going to catch the ball?
News that Javon Walker had a second surgery on his knee last month has dampened the mile-high euphoria about the newly signed receiver. Now disgruntled wideout Ashley Lelie wants out of Denver, but the Broncos might not get much for him. Luckily, Rod Smith refuses to get old. Hopefully, Walker and the Broncos won't rush his rehab to have him on the field for opening week.

Did someone not copy me on the memo? This is the first I heard about Walker's SECOND surgery. Details, please.

Sparkey
05-12-2006, 07:56 PM
DENVER BRONCOS
Key question: Who's going to catch the ball?
News that Javon Walker had a second surgery on his knee last month has dampened the mile-high euphoria about the newly signed receiver. Now disgruntled wideout Ashley Lelie wants out of Denver, but the Broncos might not get much for him. Luckily, Rod Smith refuses to get old. Hopefully, Walker and the Broncos won't rush his rehab to have him on the field for opening week.

Did someone not copy me on the memo? This is the first I heard about Walker's SECOND surgery. Details, please.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3808121

About a month ago, wide receiver Javon Walker had a second surgery on his right knee, which had sidelined him for most of the 2005 season after he suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in the first game.

Wednesday, the former Green Bay Packers star signed a one-year, $2.15 million deal with the Broncos that could extend to six years and in excess of $42 million if he returns to his Pro Bowl form of 2004. Should Walker play out the length of the contract, it would be unprecedented for a receiver coming off major knee surgery.

Naturally, the question on just about everybody's mind when the Broncos acquired Walker for a second-round draft pick April 29 came up again during his introductory press conference Wednesday at the club's Dove Valley headquarters.

Is this guy damaged goods?

"No," Walker said. "That (second surgery) was just to check and see if everything was healing correctly. Obviously, Denver wouldn't have given up a second-round pick without knowing that teams of medical doctors from each and every team knew that I would be ready for training camp."

After blowing out his knee in Green Bay's season opener at Detroit, Walker had reconstructive surgery in early October. Another minor procedure was performed on his knee last month, but subsequent exams left the Broncos' medical team satisfied Walker would be near full recovery when training camp opens in late July.

"They just went in there and did a little clean-up," Walker's agent, Kennard Mc- Guire, said of the second knee surgery. "(The Broncos' doctors) passed him, so there's no problem at all."

Walker said Broncos fans need not be concerned about his health.

"Not at all," said Walker. "They have yet to see what I'm about to do on that football field. The same player that I was in Green Bay

K-town
05-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Thanks, Sparkey!

MadtownPacker
05-13-2006, 12:20 AM
Kharma is brewing. Good luck traitor, I have a feeling you will need it.

FritzDontBlitz
05-13-2006, 01:39 AM

are you saying that walker's dogma is about to be run over by his kharma?

heeheeheeheehee

MadtownPacker
05-13-2006, 11:11 AM

are you saying that walker's dogma is about to be run over by his kharma?

heeheeheeheehee
HAHA!