PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else see the Cowboys and Skins game?

3irty1
11-19-2007, 11:32 AM
It was ridiculous. In fact I will ridicule...

The Redskins refused to cover TO who accounted for all of their points with 4 deep touchdown passes. Most of those plays there didn't seem to be a guy within 10 feet of him. The one time that they went deep to TO and there was good coverage the ball was under thrown by Romo and could have been picked but the corner didn't turn around to play the ball and instead covered TO in 50 yards worth of pass interference. Those throws were not even contested.

Romo really seems to lock on to two targets, TO and Jason Witten. In the game there were a few botched snaps that went over Romo's head and he ran back, picked it up, and threw a jump ball to TO. The Packers are definitely not going to lose track of TO like the Skins seemed to do. I will say this about Romo though... He doesn't flinch at all in the face of pressure.

I've seen 5 Cowboys games this year now; the Giants, Bears, Bills, Patriots, and Skins. Now the Patriots don't count but every one of their games is just big play after big play. I have no idea how their defense hasn't given up more yards. In every game I've watched, any team with a pulse on offense can pretty much do whatever they want. I can't believe this team is 9-1 by watching the games I have. They must have won every game I didn't see in convincing fashion. Besides Tom Brady, Campbell might be the best QB they've seen so far.

A couple of predictions:

The Skins get the best of the Cowboys in their second game this season when they play in Washington.

The Packers prove that they are a more complete team by moving the ball at will but also by keeping their passing game in check.

mraynrand
11-19-2007, 12:06 PM
The Redskins tried to cover T.O. at times with a LB deep. What a disaster that was. Or another time with no safety help at all. Maybe the Packer could get away with single coverage, with Harris and Woodson beating T.O. up, and some pressure, but what a mess Washington had in coverage at times. I take it Taylor was out.

3irty1
11-19-2007, 12:12 PM
He sure was. It showed badly in the second half.

PlantPage55
11-19-2007, 12:42 PM
The last TD that TO got was ridiculous. The corner had safety help, but he completely let TO run by UNCONTESTED to play the middle of the field WHERE THERE WAS NOBODY!!!

That's why these players are stars - defensive backs play them like garbage! Is it any wonder why Al and Charles always hold these guys to pedestrian stats?

TO may be great, but I can guarantee we will at least TRY to defend him - unlike the piss poor showing of the Redskins defense.

gbgary
11-19-2007, 12:47 PM
besides the skin's secondary thinking one of the other guys will cover him did you notice how the skins chewed-up the dallas secondary? if Brett can be patient, or has time, there may be reason for some optimism come thursday next. i'm just typing this. i will not speak these words aloud as not to alert the football gods.

VegasPackFan
11-19-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm more worried about Witten, since we have had problems with decent TE's this year.

Scott Campbell
11-19-2007, 01:24 PM
I think the Packers will look at that game tape and realize the Cowboys are beatable in Dallas.

gbgary
11-19-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm more worried about Witten, since we have had problems with decent TE's this year.

yes. gates was a problem and so was gonzales...but only in the first half i remember right. i don't think they were big factors after half-time.

HarveyWallbangers
11-19-2007, 02:22 PM

yes. gates was a problem and so was gonzales...but only in the first half i remember right. i don't think they were big factors after half-time.

Gates was better in the first half, but I remember Gonzalez really working us in the second half--especially the third quarter

oregonpackfan
11-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Romo's elusiveness also concerns me. Though the Packers have a very good pass rush, Romo may be able to successfully elude them to either get T.O. on a secondary route or tuck the ball in for a big running gain.

VegasPackFan
11-19-2007, 05:47 PM

Gates was better in the first half, but I remember Gonzalez really working us in the second half--especially the third quarter

You guys are forgetting the one that really killed us - Cooley. That guy had a career day against us.

the_idle_threat
11-19-2007, 05:50 PM

You guys are forgetting the one that really killed us - Cooley. That guy had a career day against us.

And he was the guy who was almost completely shut down after halftime. More so than Gates or Gonzo.

]{ilr]3
11-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Romo's elusiveness also concerns me. Though the Packers have a very good pass rush, Romo may be able to successfully elude them to either get T.O. on a secondary route or tuck the ball in for a big running gain.

The throws he makes flipping them like a wild man and the lucky bounces he gets when the center launches the ball over his head are bound to change.

I think the great defense the Packers are playing will change there luck when stuff like this happens.

gbgary
11-19-2007, 07:20 PM

And he was the guy who was almost completely shut down after halftime. More so than Gates or Gonzo.

yes...he disappeared in the second half too. the Pack seems to make good halftime adjustments...............except in the bear game. http://images.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/cuss.gif

digitaldean
11-19-2007, 07:21 PM

Again, only in the first half. In the 2nd half, he had less than 20 yds. receiving.

HarveyWallbangers
11-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Gonzo had 4 catches for 45 yards and a TD in the 4th quarter against us. We have adjusted well in the second half in most games though.

RashanGary
11-19-2007, 09:48 PM

Hawk has done a fine job in coverage. If poopy is on Witten, at all, it will be a mistake.