PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Jolly Out For Awhile

HarveyWallbangers
11-19-2007, 12:10 PM
# DT Johnny Jolly has a signficant shoulder sprain and will be out at least a couple weeks. Surgery doesn't look like it will be required at this point but could be once the swelling goes down. Jolly actually hurt the shoulder before the big block on the Tramon Williams punt return. Jolly was able to go back into the game and told McCarthy after the game that he would play on Thursday, but McCarthy said there is now significant swelling in the shoulder and Dr. McKenzie is worried about it;

# Justin Harrell should be ready to play on Thursday;

Green Bud Packer
11-19-2007, 12:25 PM
If they plug in Harrell he should be ready to go. I'd rather it be him than Cole. Harrell has shown a penchant for big plays and if he has become consistent on a play to play basis the Pack should withstand the blow.
Rouse has filled in nicely for Collins and I think Harrell will also.

HarveyWallbangers
11-19-2007, 12:27 PM
I guess this is why it's a position to have good depth at. If you have a bad backup safety, you can hide them a bit. If you have backup DT, the whole defense is affected. Hopefully, Williams, Harrell, Cole, and Muir can get the job done.

gbpackfan
11-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Depth, depth, depth. Can never have too many good d-linemen. Pickett, Williams, Harrell, Cole and Muir should be able to hold down the 2 spots nicely.

Note to TT, get Williams signed NOW! You don't let good players just walk away. And really good DTs are hard to find.

Green Bud Packer
11-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Note to TT, get Williams signed NOW! You don't let good players just walk away. And really good DTs are hard to find.
I agree. It sure is nice having all this money laying around.

Partial
11-19-2007, 12:58 PM
You guys think Muir is going to be active? I don't. I think they'll activate Harrell and go with Pickett, Harrell, Williams and Cole.

Green Bud Packer
11-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Cole was inactive for the Panther game and probably will be for Detroit.

hoosier
11-19-2007, 01:11 PM
If it had to happen to a starter I'm glad it was Jolly and not Pickett. Or Williams for that matter. I haven't gotten to see many Packer games recently, but have the impression from reading that Jolly hasn't been as disruptive lately as he was earlier. Is that true, or is he just getting overshadowed by KGB and Kampman's gaudy stats?

Scott Campbell
11-19-2007, 01:18 PM
I think its the time of year when everybody starts getting nicked up. I think you should pay a premium for guys who play well at the end of the year, and show an ability to stay healthy enough to be effective down the stretch. That's why Corey Willimas game against the Panthers really jumps out at me. He looks like he's worth big $$$ to us, regardless of our depth. It also would help explain why Jenkins deserved to cash in from last years stretch run.

HarveyWallbangers
11-19-2007, 01:26 PM
If it had to happen to a starter I'm glad it was Jolly and not Pickett. Or Williams for that matter. I haven't gotten to see many Packer games recently, but have the impression from reading that Jolly hasn't been as disruptive lately as he was earlier. Is that true, or is he just getting overshadowed by KGB and Kampman's gaudy stats?

I think he's been pretty consistent all year. I don't get the impression that he was starting to fade.