PDA

View Full Version : Lose To Detroit, But Win Out After That

Scott Campbell
11-19-2007, 01:28 PM
We'd still have homefield for both playoff games - right? Dallas could go 14-2, but we'd win the tiebreaker?

The Leaper
11-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Yes.

A win over Dallas gives us a one game cushion for HFA.

gbgary
11-19-2007, 02:02 PM
detroit hasn't beaten anyone good and they've lost two in a row. this is a classic trap. i hope m3 keeps them focused on the job at hand. a lose here is the last thing this young team needs. the fact that it's on turkey day in front of a national audience will help.

Freak Out
11-19-2007, 02:07 PM
detroit hasn't beaten anyone good and they've lost two in a row. this is a classic trap. i hope m3 keeps them focused on the job at hand. a lose here is the last thing this young team needs. the fact that it's on turkey day in front of a national audience will help.

I don't worry about the team not being ready any longer. Last year...yes, not anymore. This team wants to win.

Scott Campbell
11-19-2007, 02:12 PM

I don't worry about the team not being ready any longer. Last year...yes, not anymore. This team wants to win.

Short week, plus we have to travel. And it's not a must win. Looks like a classice trap game to me.

Freak Out
11-19-2007, 02:15 PM

Short week, plus we have to travel. And it's not a must win. Looks like a classice trap game to me.

They are ready for any trap.

O, for a draught of vintage kool-aid! that hath been
Cool'd a long age in the deep-delv'd earth,
Tasting of Flora and the country-green,
Dance, and Provencal song, and sunburnt mirth!
Oh, for a beaker of the warm South,
Full of the true, the blushful Hippocrene,
With beaded bubbles winking at the brim,
And purple-stained mouth;
That I might drink and leave the world unseen,
And with thee fade away into the forest dim.

cheesner
11-19-2007, 02:34 PM
All I want is for the Packers to win the last game of the season. (I am assuming they will be in the playoffs already)

Anyway, I think this is the most stable Packer team I have ever seen. They seem to play at the same level, week in and week out. No hiccups. That is a credit to the character of the players and the efforts of the coaching staff.

Harlan Huckleby
11-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Maybe they should forfeit the Lions game and start preparing for Dallas. It might actually be a good strategy! Only problem is there'd be a lot of disappointed people, Thanksgiving and all. The league office would probably make a fuss.

HarveyWallbangers
11-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Detroit is 1-5 in their last 6 Turkey Day games. I think they are 1-1 against Green Bay in that time though. They are 4-1 at home this year though, so it will be tough.

footballfever
11-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Carolina was a classic trap game too, the preparation this team shows week in and week out its hard to imagine them coming into this game unprepared. No Jolly hurts but with the rotation we have at DT I'm really not worried about it, it'll be nice to get Harrell some situational snaps in there.