PDA

View Full Version : Another 3000 Yard/30 TD Season for the Favrelous One?

FritzDontBlitz
11-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Favre is now 25 yards away from his 16th 3000 yard passing season, a league record. Dan Marino is second with 13.

Brett is also 11 TD's shy of his 8th season with 30 or more touchdown passes. (Had to correct this, my earlier post said it would be Favre's 16th.)

Not bad for a guy who can't throw the long ball, is too much of a gunslinger and should have retired two years ago....

Scott Campbell
11-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Even his razor stubble looks younger this year. Whatever it is that he's drinking, I want some.

FritzDontBlitz
11-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Maybe Brett should market his own energy drink. Ideas?

Or better yet, he could replace the Energizer bunny in battery ads since his contract with Ray-O-Vac is done.

Patler
11-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Brett is also 11 TD's shy of his 16th season with 30 or more touchdown passes, also a league record.

I don't think so. If he had 16 seasons with 30 or more TD passes he would have broken the record long ago. He has had "only" 8 seasons with 30 or more. This would be his 9th.

Carolina_Packer
11-19-2007, 01:55 PM
How about an ad where you see the Energizer bunny on a football field and he's moving and playing his bass drum...boom, boom, boom, and then all of a sudden something whizzes into the frame and knocks the bunny side-ways and on his side, dazed and then cut over to a sheepish looking Favre who says, "Whoops...sorry!" Then in the last frame they could show Brett and the Bunny walking away from the camera toward the locker room and Brett could say something like, "Let's hit the showers" The voice-over could say, "They keep going, and going..."

LL2
11-19-2007, 02:27 PM
I thought Favre was on pace for 5000 yards...maybe he was before yesterday's game.

FritzDontBlitz
11-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Brett is also 11 TD's shy of his 16th season with 30 or more touchdown passes, also a league record.

I don't think so. If he had 16 seasons with 30 or more TD passes he would have broken the record long ago. He has had "only" 8 seasons with 30 or more. This would be his 9th.

I got it from his website. The stat wasn't listed on nfl.com....

FritzDontBlitz
11-19-2007, 05:23 PM
I stand corrected. Favre has 15, Marino 13.

http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/indiv/passing

I guess I either had a glitch at the time or my daughter distracted me and I missed it.

swede
11-19-2007, 07:46 PM
How about an ad where you see the Energizer bunny on a football field and he's moving and playing his bass drum...boom, boom, boom, and then all of a sudden something whizzes into the frame and knocks the bunny side-ways and on his side, dazed and then cut over to a sheepish looking Favre who says, "Whoops...sorry!" Then in the last frame they could show Brett and the Bunny walking away from the camera toward the locker room and Brett could say something like, "Let's hit the showers" The voice-over could say, "They keep going, and going..."

I like it.

People are waiting to see the bunny's ass kicked just once, but they wouldn't mind seeing Brett give him a hand back up.

I don't think they should hit the showers, though. Maybe the bunny could go long and made a one-handed grab.

ZachMN
11-19-2007, 09:01 PM

Not to mention 16x30=480 td's

I think he means 20 td's; I haven't made it through the whole thread so if this is redundant .......

ZachMN
11-19-2007, 09:05 PM

My vote would be for the ELP song Karn Evil 9 with the lyrics:

'Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends...' and have a highlight reel of Favre playing along.....I wanted to make a huge sign with that on it at the Metrodome but I figured the chumps there wouldn't let me bring it in...Someone do it at Lambeau would ya??

GBRulz
11-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Maybe Brett should market his own energy drink. Ideas?

Why not, he's already had his own candy bar!

MJZiggy
11-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Was it any good? I'd have liked to try that one...

GBRulz
11-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Well, I'm probably the wrong person to ask since I don't really like chocolate, so of course I didn't like it!

I have a couple laying around somewhere. They are like 13 years old. Obviously for amusement purposes only!

Iron Mike
11-19-2007, 10:39 PM
http://www.southendzone.com/bars/more/

HarveyWallbangers
11-19-2007, 11:08 PM
I stand corrected. Favre has 15, Marino 13.

http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/indiv/passing

I guess I either had a glitch at the time or my daughter distracted me and I missed it.

No, you were right on the 16 seasons with 3000 yards (after this year). You were off on the number of seasons with 30+ TDs. It's only 8 years. This year would be #9. That is also a record.

FritzDontBlitz
11-20-2007, 01:31 AM
I have amended my original post.