PDA

View Full Version : Running Game

HarveyWallbangers
11-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Kind of interesting. In 1996, the Packers averaged 114 rushing yards/game. Brett used to run more back in those days, and he accounted for 8.5 yards/game, so the non-QBs averaged 105.5 rushing yards/game. Since Ryan Grant took over full-time, the Packers non-QBs have averaged 104.5 rushing yards/game. We can win big games with the balance we've seen the last 4 weeks. It would be huge if we can keep this balance up. We've played the third best and second worst run defense in the last four weeks--along with the 17th and 18th best run defenses. Not a murderer's row, but comes out to playing close to the league average for run defenses.

Scott Campbell
11-19-2007, 03:34 PM
We run 5 WR sets so much with nobody in the backfied. It makes it hard to be completely balanced.

HarveyWallbangers
11-19-2007, 03:36 PM
We run 5 WR sets so much with nobody in the backfied. It makes it hard to be completely balanced.

Well, we only run that like 5-6 times/game.

Scott Campbell
11-19-2007, 03:38 PM

Well, we only run that like 5-6 times/game.

It seemed like more to me. I haven't been counting. I hope that doesn't become MM's version of the U-71 - a gimmick play.